C-USA's New TV Partner

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Re: C-USA's New TV Partner

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

The MAC makes more tv money than Conference USA after CUSA was gutted during the realignment years. I'm sure Marshall does regret leaving the MAC because this CUSA isn't the CUSA they signed up for back when they first joined. Different teams and lower money payouts.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I'd love to see them try to get back there.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:42 am the onlyest thing you gotta do to beat west virginny is score in the mid 70's and have 1 more point than them, at the buzzer, that conference hain't got no defense.
Arent you cute!!..onlyest :D ...gotta :roll: ...west virginny..Nice :D :D ....The B1G 10 "haint" got no defense...lol....I dont believe that your "extenson" cord stretches all the way to the outlet!...As MANY Ironton people who know you and of you has told me....

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

:lol: :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

The Inspector wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:59 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:42 am the onlyest thing you gotta do to beat west virginny is score in the mid 70's and have 1 more point than them, at the buzzer, that conference hain't got no defense.
Arent you cute!!..onlyest :D ...gotta :roll: ...west virginny..Nice :D :D ....The B1G 10 "haint" got no defense...lol....I dont believe that your "extenson" cord stretches all the way to the outlet!...As MANY Ironton people who know you and of you has told me....
you fergets ole buddy. I also knows who you is. and have heared tales of you too. and yer wheel is spinning but the hamster is asleep as well. and yes there are too many ironton people to count that knows me. and they'll all tell ya that you is right.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:48 am
The Inspector wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:59 pm
you fergets ole buddy. I also knows who you is. and have heared tales of you too. and yer wheel is spinning but the hamster is asleep as well. and yes there are too many ironton people to count that knows me. and they'll all tell ya that you is right.

purpleblood1
JV Team

Post by purpleblood1 »

NYBuckeye96 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:06 pm The MAC makes more tv money than Conference USA after CUSA was gutted during the realignment years. I'm sure Marshall does regret leaving the MAC because this CUSA isn't the CUSA they signed up for back when they first joined. Different teams and lower money payouts.
What most people don't realize is Marshall Athletics has their own TV studio that is built in the Henderson Center and a lot of the games are actually produced by Marshall with the ad sells going to Marshall. Most universities don't have this.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

If a university has its own TV studio and produces all its own games, but nobody gets to watch them because they aren't readily available, does it really make much money off of that?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

true dat. here in waverly, and I have a sports package. I rarely get to watch a marshall game. growing up in ironton and living in the area 50 years. I went to many marshall games, playoff games. and saw them win a national championship there over Youngstown. so although I'm a diehard buckeye, I truly love the herd as well. but seldom ever get to see them.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:49 am true dat. here in waverly, and I have a sports package. I rarely get to watch a marshall game. growing up in ironton and living in the area 50 years. I went to many marshall games, playoff games. and saw them win a national championship there over Youngstown. so although I'm a diehard buckeye, I truly love the herd as well. but seldom ever get to see them.
You are correct YTB. As the power five conferences are raking in big media coverage and dollars, the rest of the college football world is being bypassed. We used to get many smaller conference games down here in South Carolina but no more. What worries me more is can the media keep paying huge dollars with a dwindling cable and satellite audience. Is pay for view coming to your favorite school's tv package? How many of us would pay $50 per game to watch our Buckeyes in the comfort of our living room?

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I couldn't . I'd have to break out the ole radio

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I got a feeling 4 or 5 years from now there will be another whirlwind of conference realignments. Think at that time. Marshall may have a chance to get into the American conference. The question what will that american conference look like. Will it be like what happened to them in conference USA

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

svac83 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:57 pm I got a feeling 4 or 5 years from now there will be another whirlwind of conference realignments. Think at that time. Marshall may have a chance to get into the American conference. The question what will that american conference look like. Will it be like what happened to them in conference USA
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=81029&p=1776666#p1776666

Gut feelings are your guardian angels

Return to “College Sports”