C-USA's New TV Partner

purpleblood1
JV Team

C-USA's New TV Partner

Post by purpleblood1 »

Exciting news that C-USA and the NFL Network have reached an agreement for tv coverage of 11 games starting in 2019.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: C-USA's New TV Partner

Post by mattash »

Yeah that is cool. Marshall going to be on?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

I go to the games though lol

Michael Scott
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

That's some cool news.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I like this.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Marshall leaving the MAC was stupid

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Raider6309 wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:46 pm Marshall leaving the MAC was stupid
man, I been saying the same thing every since that move. I'm still scratching my head over that. marshall traveled awesome in the mac, you could drive to any game in a day. and they had so many better rivals there. the mac is very competitive and always knocks a few tier 1 teams off each season. I'm excited to hear of the new tv affiliation. it's just all of their away games are so far away now. whereas before you could travel to them driving. the league they are in now is interesting, but the natural rivals in the mac was much better in my opinion. it's like anytime a fledgling team moves to d1 they add them to c-usa, or the sunbelt.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Loved Marshall in the MAC.. was so much fun

Michael Scott
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Given the "poor sister" image of the C-USA and cord cutting reducing the cable tv audience, any tv contract is better than no contract.

i agree Marshall screwed the pooch in leaving the MAC. Given the limited resources available in WV, Marshall football might be better served in the long run by dropping down to FCS 1AA status. That would at least give The Herd a chance to compete for a legitimate championship.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

They don't need to drop. They do fine, would love to see them back in the MAC though. They do a good job with non conference schedules. Conference games are good but no conference rival.

Michael Scott
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I agree, they don't need to drop. but would love to see them back in the mac.
and they do schedule aggressively out of conference.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
purpleblood1
JV Team

Post by purpleblood1 »

mattash wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 11:20 am Yeah that is cool. Marshall going to be on?
No NFL Network games this year. With Marshall having their own production I think this came to late for Marshall to make the change. I look for them to get at least one or two games starting in 2021. Also, did you see the announcement about the Army home and home series?

purpleblood1
JV Team

Post by purpleblood1 »

mattash wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:41 am They don't need to drop. They do fine, would love to see them back in the MAC though. They do a good job with non conference schedules. Conference games are good but no conference rival.
I disagree about no conference rival. WKU has become a bitter rivalry. They aren't just rivals, they hate each other.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

purpleblood1 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:21 pm
mattash wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 11:20 am Yeah that is cool. Marshall going to be on?
No NFL Network games this year. With Marshall having their own production I think this came to late for Marshall to make the change. I look for them to get at least one or two games starting in 2021. Also, did you see the announcement about the Army home and home series?
Yep. Really cool. Navy and Army are games I'm looking forward to. Pumped about the OU game being back too.

Michael Scott
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

marshall plays army n navy boss , is that what you're saying. or army n navy games on the nfl network.

purpleblood1
JV Team

Post by purpleblood1 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:37 am marshall plays army n navy boss , is that what you're saying. or army n navy games on the nfl network.
Those games are in a few years, this year they have VMI (home), Boise State (away), Ohio U (home), Cincinnati (home). I can't remember which year but they go to Notre Dame, plus VA Tech is coming to town.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

sweet.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Pennington and moss ran through the MAC. Freak of talents. But definetly big time contributors as to why the herd received heavy pressure to get out. Even with the superstars Toledo always seemed to give the herd a battle. Would have liked to have saw them stay in the MAC but is what it is now. The Marshall WKU rivalry is very very heated.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I always liked the ''coal bowl'' wvu/marshall. they need to get that going again. too much local stuff there to not play that every year. they are playing teams like va. tech and nc state. keep the money is west virginny.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

the onlyest thing you gotta do to beat west virginny is score in the mid 70's and have 1 more point than them, at the buzzer, that conference hain't got no defense.

Return to “College Sports”