remeber when

wipala
Varsity

remeber when

Post by wipala »

Feeling kinda in a funk....is it just me or do I miss really good, no great college baseball in Arizona.......
Seems like years and years since ASU, U of A or GCU had a really awesome team, not just a couple of
really great players......
ASU, started out like barn burners but the comp was not so tuff,,,,after the real season started
it went into a tank.
U of A, never did get a grasp of the season and history for this storied program
GCU, had a strange season,,,,cold, hot, cold, hot and then Sac State owned them....
Oh well, mediocre has become the college baseball in Arizona,,,,IMO
As the long time Cubs fans used to say,,,,oh well there is always next year....
these comments are my opinion and no one elses....this is just they way it is...

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Re: remeber when

Post by Chieftain2009 »

ASU wasn't too bad this year. They got the #2 seed in the Baton Rouge regional.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I like herm Edwards at asu. I didn't know he had that kind of fire left to coach. but he seems to be in his element. at 1st I was like that hire was like putting a kick starter on a toilet, I just didn't get it.but the man has skads of experience, and knowledge. as a player, coach, and commentator. but he seemed so content in front of a camera and the lack of stress. but he is an exciting hire. and breathing new life into sun devil nation. he gets some solid recruits and see what happens.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

True, ASU made the 64 as a 2 seed, however.....they started off at 25-1 and the second half did not play 500
and did not win a series, 3 games, against the 5 teams ahead of them in the Pac...
this is a big improvement over the last two years,,,but.....kinda compare this to the Ironton football
for years the Tigers WERE the team period! Now they have to fight harder than ever to compete...they are
still good but not the Tigers of old...I know the draft and the $$$$ are not going to be passed on by the kids
and players only have to play two years in college baseball, ASU will lose two such players this year, one with 21
homers and the other with 20. Having said this,,,,go ASU, U of A and Grand Canyon

Return to “College Sports”