March madness

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

March madness

Post by OHHS old timer »

Just wondering if anyone would consider running a bracket tournament. Would love to run it but, I work too many crazy hours...great pay though.

I am willing to help out as much as possible. For instance...point scale: 1 pt for round 1 correct picks, 2 pts for the second round...you get the idea.

We got time to set it up....any takers. Maybe the Grand Poobha of shirts, Mattash could set something up for the winner...the Grand Prognosticator.

Think about it.....

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Re: March madness

Post by Chieftain2009 »

This is something I was considering doing.

How many people would be interested in this?? If we get enough people I'll probably do it.

We could also set up a SEOPS group on ESPN or CBS or something like that to predict brackets.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Sounds good to me. Like you said, if there is enough interest in it.

Feel free to pm or em me.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

I’d fill out a bracket

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Would say this would pick closer to tourney time. But be nice to get a beforehand feel of how many be in it. I really enjoyed the football college pick em weekly and bowl edition. Fun and something to look forward to.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Okay, I have created a group on ESPN. The group name is "Southeastern Ohio Preps". It's created as a private group so that not just anyone from ESPN can use it, only SEOPS users. You'll be allowed one bracket per user. In addition to this, I might create a game on here as well where we pick winners of each individual game as well, not just picking a bracket like the ESPN page will be.

I know we are still about two weeks away, so we won't be able to fill out any brackets yet. But, feel free to join the group now. It's free to use.

There is also a password associated with the group on ESPN. Send me a PM and I'll shoot you the password.

Also, be sure to use your username from here as your bracket's name so we know who we are playing against :D

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:25 am Okay, I have created a group on ESPN. The group name is "Southeastern Ohio Preps". It's created as a private group so that not just anyone from ESPN can use it, only SEOPS users. You'll be allowed one bracket per user. In addition to this, I might create a game on here as well where we pick winners of each individual game as well, not just picking a bracket like the ESPN page will be.

I know we are still about two weeks away, so we won't be able to fill out any brackets yet. But, feel free to join the group now. It's free to use.

There is also a password associated with the group on ESPN. Send me a PM and I'll shoot you the password.

Also, be sure to use your username from here as your bracket's name so we know who we are playing against :D
Great job Chieftain2009! When the time comes and hopefully we get enough interest...I'll get the password.

I think we'll get some more takers next week...

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

OHHS old timer wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:49 pm
Chieftain2009 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:25 am Okay, I have created a group on ESPN. The group name is "Southeastern Ohio Preps". It's created as a private group so that not just anyone from ESPN can use it, only SEOPS users. You'll be allowed one bracket per user. In addition to this, I might create a game on here as well where we pick winners of each individual game as well, not just picking a bracket like the ESPN page will be.

Great job Chieftain2009! When the time comes and hopefully we get enough interest...I'll get the password.

I think we'll get some more takers next week...
Thank you and agreed! I just figured I'd set it up now when I had some time to do so!

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

What do you think....predict all games before start of tournament (play-ins don't count in my book) or go round by round?? I'd think the former...seems like a headache the other way.

40 and so on. Either way is fine.

Who knows, maybe a third person will pop in to assist. Like I said, I can work some crazy hours.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

BTW...good job keeping up on conference tourney games. Mucho appreciated!!!

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

OHHS old timer wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:04 pm What do you think....predict all games before start of tournament (play-ins don't count in my book) or go round by round?? I'd think the former...seems like a headache the other way.

40 and so on. Either way is fine.

Who knows, maybe a third person will pop in to assist. Like I said, I can work some crazy hours.
That sounds like a good idea. Since we already have a bracket system set up on ESPN, I was thinking I'd do round by round picks on here. But, if that idea isn't a favorite, we could just have everyone pick all the games before the tournament starts.

Return to “College Sports”