2019 OHIO STATE BUCKEYE FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

2019 OHIO STATE BUCKEYE FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

HERE IT IS. WHAT SAY YA'LL. AGGRESSIVE CROSSOVER GAMES WITH NEBRASKA, WISCONSIN AND NORTHWESTERN.

8-31 FLORIDA ATLANTIC HOME
9-7 CINCINNATI HOME
9-14 AT INDIANA
9-21 MIAMI, OHIO HOME
9-28 AT NEBRASKA
10-5 MICHIGAN STATE HOME
BYE
10-18 AT NORTHWESTERN
10-26 WISCONSIN HOME
11-9 MARYLAND HOME
11-16 AT RUTGERS
11-23 PENN STATE HOME
11-30 AT MICHIGAN.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2019 OHIO STATE BUCKEYE FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

florida atlantic and cincy had very nice seasons last year. I can't remember how Miami, ohio did. home games with fla. atl. cincy, Miami, oh., Michigan state, Wisconsin, Maryland, and penn state. and away games at Indiana, Nebraska, northwesterm, Rutgers and Michigan.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

what say ya'll about their schedule. I think it looks very tough.

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

I disagree ytb. I think it is very weak! It would be disappointing if they didn't go undefeated. In years past they had at least one non conference game that looked competitive, not this year. Maybe Luke can get his bearcats to play the game of their lives but I doubt it. :(

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Sorry good buddy bait. Got to go with ol 9 and a half on this one. Weakest schedule I have seen in years for Bucks. They will have to go undefeated and win convincingly to have any shot of making final four. Cringe to think what their preseason schedule ranking might be. The BIG went a mediocre 5-4 in bowl games last year so the conference will have to be impressive in big non conference games.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

okay gang. geeze o pete, lol

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Bait it’s The Bucks. Nobody wants to see us win. It’s never good enough. Regardless what they do. I’ll agree in terms of on paper the schedule is favorable to the bucks. But every one of those schools give full rides too. With new Qb new head coach. I’m not gonna belly ache over it. Just win one game at a time. Continue to get better week after week. Beat the team up north and let the pieces fall where they may. Go Bucks !

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

countywide35 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:13 pm Bait it’s The Bucks. Nobody wants to see us win. It’s never good enough. Regardless what they do. I’ll agree in terms of on paper the schedule is favorable to the bucks. But every one of those schools give full rides too. With new Qb new head coach. I’m not gonna belly ache over it. Just win one game at a time. Continue to get better week after week. Beat the team up north and let the pieces fall where they may. Go Bucks !
that's what I was thinkin county. there ain't a high roller on the ooc schedule. but cincy and fau had banner years. we play in the 1st or 2nd toughest division in the country. we have northwester, Wisconsin, and Nebraska in big ten crossover games. and have a brand new coachin staff. what more do people want.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

not to mention games with mich, msu and penn state, Indiana, Maryland and rutgers

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

ESPN. Kills OSU. Kills em.

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

lets don't sugarcoat it guys, it is what it is. They play a weak schedule for a power conference team but its not the first time a power school has skated. Teams do it all over the country. Cincy had a pretty good year but FAU didn't going 5-7 and Miami Ohio was unimpressive at 6-6. The usual good teams they play in the BIG are at home except ttun. So any one loss will be disappointing for sure with a team that has high expectations every year of winning NC'S. Maybe the Gods were looking out for the Bucks giving them a soft schedule having to break in a new qb and coach.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

9.5 INCHES wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:41 pm I disagree ytb. I think it is very weak! It would be disappointing if they didn't go undefeated. In years past they had at least one non conference game that looked competitive, not this year. Maybe Luke can get his bearcats to play the game of their lives but I doubt it. :(
Agree. FAU, Cincy and Miami Oh only non- conference and all at home of course. Nebraska is a ways off yet until Frost gets his recruits, Michigan is overhyped and exposed every year out of conference, Northwestern plays above their head at times because of Fitz but are no power , Michigan State is not consistent from year to year and Wisconsin is too big and slow to draw any raves from the national perspective with just their running game so that leaves Penn State as the only other national name on the schedule . Rutgers, Maryland and Indiana are bumps in the road yearly that should be easy wins from the talent perspective but they make it interesting at times much like Purdue, Illinois, Minnesota and Iowa have done in the past. OSU better not miss a step with this schedule and must look impressive all year to get in the playoffs this year. If not, it's off to play the PAC-10 winner again which in no way , shape or form resembles the conference it was 20-50 years ago.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

All fair assessments.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

9.5 INCHES wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:25 pm lets don't sugarcoat it guys, it is what it is. They play a weak schedule for a power conference team but its not the first time a power school has skated. Teams do it all over the country. Cincy had a pretty good year but FAU didn't going 5-7 and Miami Ohio was unimpressive at 6-6. The usual good teams they play in the BIG are at home except ttun. So any one loss will be disappointing for sure with a team that has high expectations every year of winning NC'S. Maybe the Gods were looking out for the Bucks giving them a soft schedule having to break in a new qb and coach.
I thought fau had a better year than that inches. Miami was bowl eligible if they beat all d1 schools. at least osu has no fcs schools on their schedule. which is a staple of acc and sec teams. one loss at Columbus is always too many.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

FANOSPORTS wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:57 pm
9.5 INCHES wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:41 pm I disagree ytb. I think it is very weak! It would be disappointing if they didn't go undefeated. In years past they had at least one non conference game that looked competitive, not this year. Maybe Luke can get his bearcats to play the game of their lives but I doubt it. :(
Agree. FAU, Cincy and Miami Oh only non- conference and all at home of course. Nebraska is a ways off yet until Frost gets his recruits, Michigan is overhyped and exposed every year out of conference, Northwestern plays above their head at times because of Fitz but are no power , Michigan State is not consistent from year to year and Wisconsin is too big and slow to draw any raves from the national perspective with just their running game so that leaves Penn State as the only other national name on the schedule . Rutgers, Maryland and Indiana are bumps in the road yearly that should be easy wins from the talent perspective but they make it interesting at times much like Purdue, Illinois, Minnesota and Iowa have done in the past. OSU better not miss a step with this schedule and must look impressive all year to get in the playoffs this year. If not, it's off to play the PAC-10 winner again which in no way , shape or form resembles the conference it was 20-50 years ago.
I have to kinda disagree here. when ohio state played Michigan the wolverines had the number 1 defense in the country. and were very highly ranked. that's a fact. and ohio state played northwestern in the big ten title game. the only teams to beat Michigan I think were notre dame and osu. Nebraska should be much improved.i agree about them having the foot on the gas all year to impress. but I think ryan day already knows that. but we also have a brand new staff, and we are without haskins.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:29 am
FANOSPORTS wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:57 pm
I have to kinda disagree here. when ohio state played Michigan the wolverines had the number 1 defense in the country. and were very highly ranked. that's a fact. and ohio state played northwestern in the big ten title game. the only teams to beat Michigan I think were notre dame and osu. Nebraska should be much improved.i agree about them having the foot on the gas all year to impress. but I think ryan day already knows that. but we also have a brand new staff, and we are without haskins.
Good point Bait and Michigan did have the overall #1 defense by the numbers but OSU and Florida put close to 100 points on them the last 2 games and we all saw how another overhyped Notre Dame team was annihilated in their BCS semi-final. I did give props to Nebraska above because Frost just needs a couple years to make them respectable again and Northwestern always does more with less because of Fitz's coaching abilities and they like OSU beat a mediocre PAC-10 team (Utah) in the Holiday bowl this past season. Just from what i've seen the last few years the Big-10 needs to get out of whatever default agreement they have with the PAC-10 about matching up in a postseason bowl when neither conference gets a team in the CFB playoff. This is not the 50's thru 80's when that Rose Bowl matchup between these two actually meant something at year's end.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I like the schedule. Just follow the SEC who gets the special treatment for playing a bunch of nobodies. Just win, regardless of who you beat.

See the entire SEC and ND last year. Case and point.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Given the coaching transition, the 2019 out of conference schedule may be just what is needed to give Ryan Day the opportunity to get off to a successful start as Buckeye coach. Also as pointed out up thread, the West Division crossover games will present a challenge, so in my opinion, the schedule is tough enough for the situation.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I agree omega. give it a couple of years with the same type schedule, maybe even just a year. then pick up 1 more aggressive out of conference game with a top type team. don't think for a minute the game with the cincy bearcats won't be a barnburner. fickell would want nothing more than a big showing in the shoe. I think it's plenty aggressive for a 1st year head coach. it is as we know the big ten , not the mac or sunbelt. and some of the top coaches in the country coach in the big ten.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

We will be fine. An a note besides schedule

Fields/Baldwin and the starting QB spot will be headlines in Columbus

Return to “College Sports”