Ohio State doesn't deserve to be ranked first

Who gives up more points this saturday?

Total votes: 0

gtownlotlizard
Riding the Bench

Ohio State doesn't deserve to be ranked first

Post by gtownlotlizard »

Lots of OSU haters seem to think the buckeyes aren't worthy of their number one ranking. I for one hate the buckeyes BUT they deserve to be number one. This topic was started to see who you thought should be number one and why? Also tell us why you think OSU shouldn't be number one.

All-AmericanBalla
Riding the Bench

Re: Ohio State doesn't deserve to be ranked first

Post by All-AmericanBalla »

gtownlotlizard wrote:Lots of OSU haters seem to think the buckeyes aren't worthy of their number one ranking. I for one hate the buckeyes BUT they deserve to be number one. This topic was started to see who you thought should be number one and why? Also tell us why you think OSU shouldn't be number one.

ok im gonna clear this up right here. the buckeyes are not worthy of their number 1 ranking and heres why: they havent played ANYONE! thats remotely any good. and another they only beat the spartans by a td regardless whether the offense or the defense gave up the points they still gave em up..so that makes me wonder if they cant hold it down with the spartans then what about penn or michigan? however they are there because who else is it gonna be as of right now? everyone else has tumbled that were in the top ten. so i feel like they are there to just be like "oh yeah and so i guess that LEAVES us with osu as number 1. so there. like it or not. truth hurts. :roll:

Brutus8907
All State

Post by Brutus8907 »

[quote="All-AmericanBalla"]and another they only beat the spartans by a td regardless whether the offense or the defense gave up the points they still gave em up/quote]

this is completely ignorant and makes no sense whatsoever. the spartans were averaging something like 38 ppg, so 17 isnt so bad anyway but the fact that the defense only gave up 3 is impressive.

buckeyeshots
Freshman Team

Post by buckeyeshots »

Let's be adults and give some facts... if you will look at the stats for the game, you will find that Chris "Beanie" Wells had more yards rushing in the game than the whole Michigan State offense could rack up total. Let's not sound stupid.

tabibeeto
Waterboy

Post by tabibeeto »

All-AmericanBalla wrote:
gtownlotlizard wrote:Lots of OSU haters seem to think the buckeyes aren't worthy of their number one ranking. I for one hate the buckeyes BUT they deserve to be number one. This topic was started to see who you thought should be number one and why? Also tell us why you think OSU shouldn't be number one.

ok im gonna clear this up right here. the buckeyes are not worthy of their number 1 ranking and heres why: they havent played ANYONE! thats remotely any good. and another they only beat the spartans by a td regardless whether the offense or the defense gave up the points they still gave em up..so that makes me wonder if they cant hold it down with the spartans then what about penn or michigan? however they are there because who else is it gonna be as of right now? everyone else has tumbled that were in the top ten. so i feel like they are there to just be like "oh yeah and so i guess that LEAVES us with osu as number 1. so there. like it or not. truth hurts. :roll:

Undefeated and #1 end of story imo there is no reason to fight about this until the games are played.

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

tabibeeto wrote:
All-AmericanBalla wrote:

Undefeated and #1 end of story imo there is no reason to fight about this until the games are played.
wrong

one loss season and number 3 end of story

buckeyeshots
Freshman Team

Post by buckeyeshots »

Being optimistic, if OSU loses a game, they better beat the remainder of their schedule by and average margin on about 40 to get to THE GAME

gtownlotlizard
Riding the Bench

Post by gtownlotlizard »

My opinion on the whole situation is that OSU deserves to be number one. Even if its just for the simple fact that they have won all their games regardless of who they were against. Name me a team that has played a tough schedule and should be ahead of OSU and then I'll tell you the flaws in there schedule. I think the LSU football team is better than the buckeyes but LSU has already lost a game and looked pretty bad in parts of other games. OSU doesn't look flashy on offense and this may cost them a game, but you can't argue with that defense and thats how they won the last national title. If the buckeyes lose a game they won't be in the title game but if they don't lose then they will be there and will be deserving of it too.

HelmetSplitter
Waterboy

Post by HelmetSplitter »

I just want to here who the people think should be number 1 if OSU isnt. BC, who have they played? LSU had the number 1 spot and lost it, in fact they should have lost against Auburn but pulled one out of their butt. Ohio State started at the 11th spot and have patiently waited for all the other teams to get knocked off. Yes there schedule was easy but you can't drop a team in rankings because they win and other teams get beat ahead of them. I think OSU should be number 1 and they will need to prove it over the next weeks ahead. Go Bucks :-D

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Put the Buckeyes Number ONE-if they win out they will be in the BCS Championship Game. One loss will keep them out of it.

FSUfly#13
Varsity

Post by FSUfly#13 »

They can stay undefeated..I hope they do...so they can get to a bowl game and play a real team like LSU or Boston College and get it handed to them. OSU had 8 easy games, and now they start to play the tougher teams. LSU has only lost 1 game in the dominating SEC this year. They beat VT at VT...So. Carolina at home..Florida at home..and Auburn at home...Lost to UK at UK in OT...Those are some tough teams to play..Ohio State is NOT good..the same thing will happen this year as it did last year..Ohio State will make it to a major bowl game and then get blowed out by someone who is GOOD

All-AmericanBalla
Riding the Bench

tabibeeto wrote:
All-AmericanBalla wrote:

so y are den

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

buckeyeshots wrote:Being optimistic, if OSU loses a game, they better beat the remainder of their schedule by and average margin on about 40 to get to THE GAME
no im saying they lose THE LAST GAME ;-) so they wont have time to rebound

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

The Buckeyes are where they should be at #1. The defense only gave up 3 points on Saturday. They have the best defense in college football right now.

All-AmericanBalla
Riding the Bench

crazee-oakaholic wrote:The Buckeyes are where they should be at #1. The defense only gave up 3 points on Saturday. They have the best defense in college football right now.

whatever we will see. :lol:

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

FSUfly#13 wrote:They can stay undefeated..I hope they do...so they can get to a bowl game and play a real team like LSU or Boston College and get it handed to them. OSU had 8 easy games, and now they start to play the tougher teams. LSU has only lost 1 game in the dominating SEC this year. They beat VT at VT...So. Carolina at home..Florida at home..and Auburn at home...Lost to UK at UK in OT...Those are some tough teams to play..Ohio State is NOT good..the same thing will happen this year as it did last year..Ohio State will make it to a major bowl game and then get blowed out by someone who is GOOD

"A REAL TEAM LIKE BOSTON COLLEGE"? Tell me I didn't see that. Yep, I definitely saw it... but after seeing who posted it, I can't say I'm suprised :roll:
If you can look someone in the eyes and tell them that the ACC is any better of a conference than the Big 10, or that BC has a tougher schedule than OSU, you're either a very good liar or a wide-eyed idiot...
This Ohio State fan is hoping LSU gets in there - I wanna see how good both teams really are. Plus you all are forgetting that OSU wasn't even supposed to win the Big 10, let alone compete for a NC. So even if Ohio State loses in the title game, if it's even close it says a lot about Ohio State Football...

buckeye21
JV Team

Post by buckeye21 »

gtownlotlizard wrote:My opinion on the whole situation is that OSU deserves to be number one. Even if its just for the simple fact that they have won all their games regardless of who they were against. Name me a team that has played a tough schedule and should be ahead of OSU and then I'll tell you the flaws in there schedule. I think the LSU football team is better than the buckeyes but LSU has already lost a game and looked pretty bad in parts of other games. OSU doesn't look flashy on offense and this may cost them a game, but you can't argue with that defense and thats how they won the last national title. If the buckeyes lose a game they won't be in the title game but if they don't lose then they will be there and will be deserving of it too.

Very nice post gtown.

buckeye21
JV Team

Post by buckeye21 »

FSUfly#13 wrote:They can stay undefeated..I hope they do...so they can get to a bowl game and play a real team like LSU or Boston College and get it handed to them. OSU had 8 easy games, and now they start to play the tougher teams. LSU has only lost 1 game in the dominating SEC this year. They beat VT at VT...So. Carolina at home..Florida at home..and Auburn at home...Lost to UK at UK in OT...Those are some tough teams to play..Ohio State is NOT good..the same thing will happen this year as it did last year..Ohio State will make it to a major bowl game and then get blowed out by someone who is GOOD

Give me a reason why Ohio State is not good. Just because they have played an easy schedule thus far does not mean they're not good. That's just ridiculous. Listen to other posters like gtown, who is not a Buckeye fan, and post with some common sense like he just did. Quit posting through your hatred for the Buckeyes and actually think before posting! Heck I hate the New England Patriots more than anything but right now I can honestly say they are the best NFL team I've ever seen! So it's ok to admit that the Buckeyes have a good team. I don't think they are great by any means but bashing them for beating every team on their schedule is just stupid!!

ps: LSU played VT @ home not in Blacksburg.

gtownlotlizard
Riding the Bench

Post by gtownlotlizard »

This is ridiculous. OSU's defense is good enough that they aren't gonna get beat bad by any team. Boston college however might not score on the buckeyes defense. I hate the bucks but even i know a good defense when I see it. No matter what jersey it is wearing. If the bucks were in the ACC they would go undefeated every year. I think you should just quit talking and help FSU figure out a way to beat Wake Forest.

buckeye21
JV Team

Post by buckeye21 »

gtownlotlizard wrote:

This is ridiculous. OSU's defense is good enough that they aren't gonna get beat bad by any team. Boston college however might not score on the buckeyes defense. I hate the bucks but even i know a good defense when I see it. No matter what jersey it is wearing. If the bucks were in the ACC they would go undefeated every year. I think you should just quit talking and help FSU figure out a way to beat Wake Forest.

You're on a freaking roll gtown!! :lol:

See I don't really mind people from Ohio not liking OSU(although I don't really understand why they don't) but I hate when people say ridiculous things about them just because they hate them. Like I said before I hate the Patriots but I'm not going to bash them because of my hatred!

Return to “College Sports”