More RESPECT for Ohio State

Is OSU the legit #1 now?

Total votes: 0

USAF_Defender23
Varsity

More RESPECT for Ohio State

Post by USAF_Defender23 »

Came out dominating the game. Gave up 14 pts on mishaps and the D gave another great effort. Thoughts on Ohio State's #1 ranking now?

bigtimehitter
All Conference

Post by bigtimehitter »

8-0.....best defense in the country....an underrated offense..... so yea .

All-AmericanBalla
Riding the Bench

Post by All-AmericanBalla »

bigtimehitter wrote:8-0.....best defense in the country....an underrated offense..... so yea .

dude. the buckeyes havent played anyone thats any good. how do u figure they have the best defense when they have played against michigan state which has given them the most run for their money actually pretty close. they are OVERRATED!! Must i remind you about the Florida and osu title game last year. the new athletic conference code to get in is what? 108..or 4114..hmm sound familiar. think again. they are gettin built up for another let down just deal with it

Brutus8907
All State

Post by Brutus8907 »

All-AmericanBalla wrote: dude. the buckeyes havent played anyone thats any good. how do u figure they have the best defense when they have played against michigan state which has given them the most run for their money actually pretty close. they are OVERRATED!!

um...statistically they have the #1 defense in the country and i hate repeating myself but i see you're a newbie so i'll say it once more. the buckeyes are winning their games by an average margin of 29 points. that's impressive, i dont care who you're playing.

All-AmericanBalla wrote:Must i remind you about the Florida and osu title game last year.

old news son. different season, VERY different teams.

USAF_Defender23
Varsity

Brutus8907 wrote:
All-AmericanBalla wrote: dude. the buckeyes havent played anyone thats any good. how do u figure they have the best defense when they have played against michigan state which has given them the most run for their money actually pretty close. they are OVERRATED!!

um...statistically they have the #1 defense in the country and i hate repeating myself but i see you're a newbie so i'll say it once more. the buckeyes are winning their games by an average margin of 29 points. that's impressive, i dont care who you're playing.

All-AmericanBalla wrote:Must i remind you about the Florida and osu title game last year.

Couldn't have said it any better Brutus8907....and Balla who cares about last season? It's done and over with. Yeah the Bucks have reminders of it but this is the 07 season and the Bucks are #1 again baby....

All-AmericanBalla
Riding the Bench

Brutus8907 wrote:

First of all newbie? im sorry didnt know u had to be a "veteran" to state an opinon on a website that is about people stating their opinions?? and another im not ur son..im balla hence the name. Last season or this season it doesnt matter stats are stats and they stay with u regardless. the buckeyes are number one right because they havent played any good teams, and i hate repeating myself but i will say it once more, osu is not as strong as they are being hyped up to be i mean they only beat michigan state by a td. lets see how they would do against florida or lsu granted both of these teams have been upset but the bucks are no different they will get their chance and its gonna happen with penn and if not them then michigan. their games are so boring to watch anymore because they play teams who are absolutely no competition u cant pay attention to a game when the other team is gettin blown out BORING!! if im wrong im wrong but its just football dont get ur panties in a bunch about it. not everyone is going to agree with you people on here. get over it! :-D

USAF_Defender23
Varsity

Balla-

What school (team) are you a fan of? Alot of 'Buckeye' bashing from you...are you a fan of that team up North?

All-AmericanBalla
Riding the Bench

USAF_Defender23 wrote:Balla-

What school (team) are you a fan of? Alot of 'Buckeye' bashing from you...are you a fan of that team up North?

im not bashing the buckeyes im just stating what i think. i never said the buckeyes werent good i just said i dont know how sure i feel about their number 1 ranking being legitimate or deserving.

Brutus8907
All State

Post by Brutus8907 »

All-AmericanBalla wrote:First of all newbie? im sorry didnt know u had to be a "veteran" to state an opinon on a website that is about people stating their opinions?? and another im not ur son..im balla hence the name.

i didnt say anything about not being able to state your opinion, nor did i criticize you for being fairly new. i simply stated i've said the 29 point average margin of win before but you might have missed it since you're fairly new. ending a sentace with son is just a figure of speech i use...settle down.

All-AmericanBalla wrote:Last season or this season it doesnt matter stats are stats and they stay with u regardless.

yes, past stats that are gonna go in the record books but they're meaningless when talking about the present day, especiallly when the two teams in question are so different from then.

buckeye21
JV Team

Post by buckeye21 »

Being a huge Buckeye I actually voted no! I think the Buckeyes are one of the top teams but no team is a legit #1 or 2 until after the regular season. These rankings mean nothing to me right now. The only rankings that will matter is who will be 1 and 2 at the end of the season. Until that time it doesn't matter who 1 and 2 are because the championship game isn't played in October it's played in January!

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

We will see after they play at HAPPY VALLEY!!

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

Playing penn state wont be a challenge for OSU

that penn state team is looking below average this year

good fight by those spartans last week

COngrats to Chris wells on the 200+ yard game

Michigans Defense is looking foward to shutting him down ;-)

tabibeeto
Waterboy

Post by tabibeeto »

BigMcCauley55 wrote:Playing penn state wont be a challenge for OSU

that penn state team is looking below average this year

good fight by those spartans last week

COngrats to Chris wells on the 200+ yard game

Michigans Defense is looking foward to shutting him down ;-)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bigtimehitter
All Conference

Post by bigtimehitter »

All-AmericanBalla wrote:
bigtimehitter wrote:8-0.....best defense in the country....an underrated offense..... so yea .

dude. the buckeyes havent played anyone thats any good. how do u figure they have the best defense when they have played against michigan state which has given them the most run for their money actually pretty close. they are OVERRATED!! Must i remind you about the Florida and osu title game last year. the new athletic conference code to get in is what? 108..or 4114..hmm sound familiar. think again. they are gettin built up for another let down just deal with it

dude... theyre undefeated. Dude.... Michigan St. scored the two TD's on defense, against our OFFENSE not or DEFENSE idiot. Everyone around THE BUCKEYES are going down, except for THE BUCKEYES themselves. If THE BUCKEYES arent number 1 then who is?? USC..LSU..Florida??? get real. And by the way this is 2007 not 2006 "dude".

All-AmericanBalla
Riding the Bench

bigtimehitter wrote:
All-AmericanBalla wrote:

dude... theyre undefeated. Dude.... Michigan St. scored the two TD's on defense, against our OFFENSE not or DEFENSE idiot. Everyone around THE BUCKEYES are going down, except for THE BUCKEYES themselves. If THE BUCKEYES arent number 1 then who is?? USC..LSU..Florida??? get real. And by the way this is 2007 not 2006 "dude".

exactly so why are we having posts on here about the 2002 buckeyes which i do believe is completely irrelevant to this year bc that is not the present so why should those stats matter as opposed to last years title game when the bucks got creamed when i believe they were said to "be better" last year than this year. correct? its time u face reality the bucks had the opportunity to prove they were a great team last year in the title game against florida. did they? NO. i wont give credit to a team whom i think is only number because they have played non-competitive teams such as kent state lets get real! im not "bashing" them either im just stating my perspective and that is until the buckeyes can play and "manhandle" a team that is actually some competition they arent number one to me. I dont see them getting it done this year either. :shock:

rockhillbasketball
All Conference

Post by rockhillbasketball »

All of this talk will continue until we show up every team in the NCAA.

oak hill71
All State

Post by oak hill71 »

First people said that OSU would get manhandled by Washington, they beat them. Then Purdue, they destroyed them, and Michigan State, and people were blowing it out of proportioin because they nly won by 7, there Offense gave up those 2 TD's. If Ohio State keeps winning handily, then people are going to say they are always against weak competition.
Last edited by oak hill71 on Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

USAF_Defender23
Varsity

All-AmericanBalla wrote:exactly so why are we having posts on here about the 2002 buckeyes which i do believe is completely irrelevant to this year bc that is not the present so why should those stats matter as opposed to last years title game when the bucks got creamed when i believe they were said to "be better" last year than this year. correct? its time u face reality the bucks had the opportunity to prove they were a great team last year in the title game against florida. did they? NO. i wont give credit to a team whom i think is only number because they have played non-competitive teams such as kent state lets get real! im not "bashing" them either im just stating my perspective and that is until the buckeyes can play and "manhandle" a team that is actually some competition they arent number one to me. I dont see them getting it done this year either. :shock:

the only reason that we are mentioning anything about the 02 team is because the 07 team is alot like the 02 team. they show up every saturday and get the job done

bigtimehitter
All Conference

Post by bigtimehitter »

All-AmericanBalla wrote:
bigtimehitter wrote:
All-AmericanBalla wrote:

exactly so why are we having posts on here about the 2002 buckeyes which i do believe is completely irrelevant to this year bc that is not the present so why should those stats matter as opposed to last years title game when the bucks got creamed when i believe they were said to "be better" last year than this year. correct? its time u face reality the bucks had the opportunity to prove they were a great team last year in the title game against florida. did they? NO. i wont give credit to a team whom i think is only number because they have played non-competitive teams such as kent state lets get real! im not "bashing" them either im just stating my perspective and that is until the buckeyes can play and "manhandle" a team that is actually some competition they arent number one to me. I dont see them getting it done this year either. :shock:

What team in the country has "manhandled" every team on their schedule? USC lost to a HORRIBLE stanford team. LSU lost. Oklahoma lost. Florida lost twice. Cal lost. USF lost. all the teams I have mentioned have lost aginst weaker opponents. You need to do a little research before you open your mouth.

All-AmericanBalla
Riding the Bench

bigtimehitter wrote:
All-AmericanBalla wrote:
bigtimehitter wrote:
All-AmericanBalla wrote:

What team in the country has "manhandled" every team on their schedule? USC lost to a HORRIBLE stanford team. LSU lost. Oklahoma lost. Florida lost twice. Cal lost. USF lost. all the teams I have mentioned have lost aginst weaker opponents. You need to do a little research before you open your mouth.

ok first off we are talking about the buckeyes here not to be confused with the gators or the tigers or any of them. compare the bucks schedule to everyone elses this year. they are playing cheeseball teams that make them look better than what they really are. 4014 bigtime. remember it.

Return to “College Sports”