OSU vs PSU

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

OSU vs PSU

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Let the talk begin.

This week we should see record highs in posting and the record for consecutive days on seops for PSUfan.

Brutus8907
All State

Post by Brutus8907 »

bucks roll 28-17

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Penn St is a tough place to play.

The last time the Buckeyes lost a regular season game was in Happy Valley.

The morons in white will be drunk and hyped.

The thing is though, play this game in Columbus and the Buckeyes win by 17 or more.

Happy Valley will be rocking, but that is only going to be good for about 7 points off the spread.

And that 7 points isn't going to be on the Buckeyes Defense.

My Pick
OSU: 31
PSU: 17

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

I look for the defense to churn out some big numbers in this one... Morelli is inconsistent and will make mistakes if you pressure him. A lot of pressure should be on him because Ohio State's Rushing Attack is outstanding and now Penn St. is without 2 RBs...
Yep... Penn State won in Happy Valley last time, but they had a much better QB and a much better defense...

Advantage: Ohio State... let the crowd get as loud as they want before the game, I don't think they'll have much to cheer about once it starts...

Ohio State - 23

Penn State - 10

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

I never like OSU playing at PSU.

Since Tressel's arrival:

@ PSU 2001 ..OSU blew big lead to lose against average PSU team.

@ PSU 2003 .. OSU wins a close come-from-behind game while being a BCS Bowl Champion and PSU being a team with a losing record.

@ PSU 2005 .. OSU loses a defensive struggle while both teams were Co-Big Ten Champions.

Coach Tressel is 1-2 against PSU while playing in Happy Valley. No game has been won convincingly, despite OSU having the better team in 2 of the 3 games....at least. Most around the country feel OSU was better in all 3 seasons. I'm just hoping in this one, and wishing we would play PSU at home at night sometime.

Hey though, PSU is yet to win at The Shoe since joining the Big Ten. So shut up psu fan lol.

24-6
38-7
28-9
2000 - was a 40ish type blowout right?
13-7
20-0
28-6

Not a whole lot of close games in there...I was at the 2000 game and know it was a blowout, but don't remember the score.

Anyway, just threw that in there to shut psufan up before he got started. I think OSU is clearly better this year, but don't know that they win.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

The score of the 2000 game was 45-6... That was Cooper's last year as coach. The Bucks went 8-4 (5-3 in the Big 10) and lost in the Outback Bowl to South Carolina 24-7.
Penn State went 5-7 that year (4-4 in the Big 10)...

I'm looking at all of this in my ESPN College Football Encyclopedia - a great resource for any College Football Fan... :lol:

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

OSU 24
PSU 0

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

OSU 24
PSU 10

psufan
Waterboy

Post by psufan »

fuzzhead wrote:I look for the defense to churn out some big numbers in this one... Morelli is inconsistent and will make mistakes if you pressure him. A lot of pressure should be on him because Ohio State's Rushing Attack is outstanding and now Penn St. is without 2 RBs...
Yep... Penn State won in Happy Valley last time, but they had a much better QB and a much better defense...

Advantage: Ohio State... let the crowd get as loud as they want before the game, I don't think they'll have much to cheer about once it starts...

Ohio State - 23

Penn State - 10

It can be argued that ohio state was better all around the last time that they visited happy valley, everyone was saying that they had the best offense in the big ten two years ago with ginn, a heisman winner in smith, and gonzo, with pittmann running, also their defense was better with carpenter, shleigal, hawk, youbowty (spelling), and other great talent and they still did not beat penn state.

This year penn state IMO has about the same defense, great linebackers in lee and connor will have to step up in this game, an outstanding cover corner in king and last year's leader in interceptions in the conference scirrotto.
Their offense is a different style, all their recievers that were there two years ago are still there, they have two explosive backs in royster and kinlaw, but are without there 5th year senior fullback matt hann, they have a young offensive line anchored by portsmouth native gerald cadogan who has been outstanding in the last 3 games, morelli needs to make better decisions but has looked much better in the last three conference games rather then the first two.
One big factor is it is at Happy Valley, it'll be another white out and the Lions are home where they have lost just once in the last three years!!
Penn state will show up and if they play up to there potential they will leave with a win. Penn state plays completely different at home then on the road and this will be proven on saturday.
I'm not saying for sure that the nittany lions can win but i am saying that they have an opprotunity to win if they show up and play their best, which they have almost every home game this year.
I don't think penn state will get it into the end zone but once on saturday they will have to settle with a lot of field goals

PSU 26
OSU-24

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

We know the D is going to be good. I think both of us could talk defense all day long and both make a pretty decent case... the questionmarks are all on the offenses...

Penn State failed to stop Hart. Chris Wells has been getting better all year long - he just got done making MSU's defense look stupid... advantage in the running game = Ohio State.

This game will come down to turnovers...

USAF_Defender23
Varsity

Post by USAF_Defender23 »

It's been said that defense wins Championships......Ohio State's D has only given up 49 pts this season for a 6.125 ppg average. I'm sure that Ohio State can score more than 6.125 pts on Penn State.

Go Buckeyes!

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

psufan wrote:I don't think penn state will get it into the end zone but once on saturday they will have to settle with a lot of field goals

PSU 26
OSU-24

One TD and 6.3 field goals?

How is Penn State going to score 19 points on field goals?

Brutus8907
All State

Post by Brutus8907 »

they're just that darn good :lol:

All-AmericanBalla
Riding the Bench

Post by All-AmericanBalla »

Penn State-24
Ohio State-21

USAF_Defender23
Varsity

Post by USAF_Defender23 »

All-AmericanBalla wrote:Penn State-24
Ohio State-21

What are the offensive weapons that Penn St has to score 24 against this Bucks D? Look at Curtis Painter a few weeks ago....how well did he fair?

All-AmericanBalla
Riding the Bench

Post by All-AmericanBalla »

USAF_Defender23 wrote:
Ohio State-21

What are the offensive weapons that Penn St has to score 24 against this Bucks D? Look at Curtis Painter a few weeks ago....how well did he fair?

Michigan State can put up 17 pts on this "great buckeye d". This year has been crazy so im being open minded that anything can happen penn has a chance.

Brutus8907
All State

Post by Brutus8907 »

All-AmericanBalla wrote:
USAF_Defender23 wrote:
Ohio State-21

Michigan State can put up 17 pts on this "great buckeye d". This year has been crazy so im being open minded that anything can happen penn has a chance.

actually the two TD's came off of turnovers so the D had nothing to do with it. the buckeye defense only gave up 3 points.

buckeye21
JV Team

Post by buckeye21 »

All-AmericanBalla wrote:
USAF_Defender23 wrote:
Ohio State-21

Once again a moron that only looks at scores and doesn't actually watch the games. As Brutus said 14 points were scored by Michigan States defense. Ohio States defense only gave up 3 points to an MSU team that was averaging 37 points a game.

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

Now we will see what the Buckeyes are made up of!!

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

Buckeyes by 2 or more tds dpends on how that last quater goes

Return to “College Sports”