#4 Penn State handles Pittsburgh 33-14

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

#4 Penn State handles Pittsburgh 33-14

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Penn State did what they were supposed to do in this one.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: #4 Penn State handles Pittsburgh 33-14

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

8-) 8-) 8-)

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

They'll keep rolling

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Just another ho hum game for the Lions, might as well be playing Akron :lol:

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Just last year after this game many were asking for Franklin to be fired. Big changes since that game for the Lions on the field.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

james franklin actually said that in an interview I saw him say it. he said people were talking about how good they looked or something to that affect. and he said that it was no bigger than beating akron was week 1. it was kinda cool n stupid at the same time. he may be trying to rekindle this old rivalry game.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

he's all business and definitely a players coach. very animated to watch.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Was kinda like akron they won. is not big ten he just getting them ready for the big games

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

He was poking Pittsburgh for acting like they won the "Super Bowl" last year after they beat the Lions. Fast forward to 1:57, funny thing is it didn't look like he trying to be funny.
https://youtu.be/CmbzaZ40V_I

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:57 am Was kinda like akron they won. is not big ten he just getting them ready for the big games
Big difference is Pitt is in the best conference in the country right now ACC. I think bait is right he trying to stoke the rivalry

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

He's meaning no different, a win is a win. Each win no matter who/team, it stands alone. He wasn't meaning Pitt wasn't no better than Akron "good team wise", but Franklin knew they was. He's taking each win as just a win no matter how good the team they beat was, more or less. That's how I'm seeing what he said/statement meant, imo.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

That may be true but I don't understand how he thinks people will believe beating Akron from a mid level conference 52-0 is just as good as beating a bigger school from the best conference in college football. :? So he is saying if he beats Ohio State and TTUN that's no better beating Akron 52-0 :lol: I bet the pollsters would beg to differ ;) It's possible he didn't mean no harm but it was a bad analogy because it makes it look like Pitt is just another cupcake game since he don't sound excited about it. I still think bait got it right. Ole Franklin is sneaky :)

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

indeed he is.
who knows exactly how he meant it unless he has called one of us to explain it.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

One game at a time, no judging the team ya beat, good or bad, every team is the same is how I took him. But his choice of words was confusing at first, but he clarified the statement, right after he said it. But sneakiness will and can win ball games but I don't see how setting at a briefing table. :lol: :lol: :lol: Reverse psychology on other coaches watching his statement, :lol: :lol: maybe, who knows, but he pretty much clarified on what he meant that I can see. :lol: :lol: Ole Franklin is just a down to earth pretty good ole fella. Good coach imo. 8-)

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I like him myself, very fiery competitor, yet very excitable relating to his players emotions after big plays.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:26 am I like him myself, very fiery competitor, yet very excitable relating to his players emotions after big plays.
Any coach who can win games at Vandy has to be strong on player development, and that is what he has done at Penn State. Throw in good recruiting classes and the Lions are clearly the class of the BIG10(14) at this point in time. Conversely OSU has the best football athletes, yet no one sees positive player development or team spirit being generated by Urban Meyer.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

cbolt wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:22 pm Just another ho hum game for the Lions, might as well be playing Akron :lol:
Just like another ho hum game for the Sooners,right? :lol:

"I have a deep affection for the University of Pittsburgh.It is my University.I am proud to be a Pitt man.”-Jock Sutherland
farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Omega wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:45 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:26 am I like him myself, very fiery competitor, yet very excitable relating to his players emotions after big plays.
Any coach who can win games at Vandy has to be strong on player development, and that is what he has done at Penn State. Throw in good recruiting classes and the Lions are clearly the class of the BIG10(14) at this point in time. Conversely OSU has the best football athletes, yet no one sees positive player development or team spirit being generated by Urban Meyer.
Franklin was having some trouble at Vandy with multiple players getting in trouble and few of the kicked off the team. At Penn St. he forced Hackenberg out with the poor play calling getting him ABUSED IN MANY GAMES. Some of those games were terrible to watch. Seemed lost in some games. Which I didn't watch them all just the few I seen. The announcers were making those same comments as well. Then last year after the Pitt game many were wanting him fired. Then he gets rewarded with a big contract. I am not sold on him as a coach yet. Needs more time.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I was mocking Franklin, panther, no disrespect to Pitt they have a fine program as far as I am concerned ,but back to subject, Franklin deserves credit for bringing that program back from the dead. People were burying them saying they would be bad and irrelevant for years after the scandal but look at them now!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Omega wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:45 am
as much as I wished I didn't have to. I have to agree the bucks are not at all near advertised at least through the 1st 2 games. I think we gave Indiana too much credit after week 1, we looked very average at best against boomer sooner. we made them look like the patriots Saturday night.

Return to “College Sports”