#4 Penn State handles Pittsburgh 33-14

farmer
SEOP

Re: #4 Penn State handles Pittsburgh 33-14

Post by farmer »

I think you are giving Franklin a little to much credit. Bill O'Brien had a 15-9 record with player restrictions and dealing with the past.
Franklin's first 2 years were 7 -6 and not competitive in quite a few of those games. Then things seemed to fell in place last year. That was just 1 year. At Vandy he was in the top heavy SEC East with schools with poor records at the bottom. Then Vandy pulled out of games with 2 Big 10 schools. One being Northwestern and the other Ohio State. As I said before I am not sold on him could just be a talented group he is riding. Needs more time to see what kind of coach he is.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Yes I should have said helping bring them back, I had forgot about O'Brien, he really had a mess to deal with and kept them afloat until Franklin arrived. It was amazing how he handled Hackenberg being pretty good as a freshman, then he was total crap after OB left.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

I found an article before the end of Hackenbergs second season with Franklin that he had been sacked 80 times during those 2 years. I watched a few of those games and he got abused. Good reason why he didn't look good when he left. He hardly came out of the game. Playing most of the snaps.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

I'm not a Franklin fan. Just something about him I don't care for.

Return to “College Sports”