Debate on schedules

Tartanblue
SEO

Debate on schedules

Post by Tartanblue »

Since Week 1 of college football season is over, with the big matchups we had this week of Bama/FSU, UCLA/Texas AM, Texas/Maryland,Florida/Michigan...and OSU/Oklahoma next week. The fans are loving these big games, however; one ESPN analyst says that schools should play cup cakes for their non-conference games to help get into the playoffs for college football. While another analyst, in which I agree with, says playing these games are good because they help teams show they deserve to be in the playoffs even with two losses because of games like this.

What do you think?

Especially with how Ohio State in a couple years will have the hardest non conference schedule in the nation with both Texas and Notre Dame in the same year.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Re: Debate on schedules

Post by Chieftain2009 »

A lot of schools do play FCS schools, except for the Big Ten (except a couple of them do). I don't want to see Alabama playing the Community College of Tim Buck Two and winning 999-0. Schools will continue scheduling how they want regardless of how anyone thinks, I'm just glad OSU doesn't schedule these cupcake FCS schools like other schools do.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

No cupcakes

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I know saban hates playing them I saw him talking about it in an interview. league wide the big ten is going away from it. but they still had a couple left this year on schedules.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

But yet alabama has mercer right at seasons end

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

I love to follow FCS schools in the SoCon and Big South. They offer a less athletic but more pure form of college football than do the Ohio States of the world. To survive however, they do need to earn an occasional big check by being a sacrificial lamb to the big schools. And you never know when a James Madison or Howard might sneak up and kick your butt.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

I understand the smaller schools needing the money, which I don't blame them for taking the game. But the argument last week on ESPN was big time programs should only schedule those teams for non conference for records sake to not have a non conference loss.

Return to “College Sports”