Re: WEEK 2 OKLAHOMA @ OHIO STATE.

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Jt should be benched after that performance

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

After watching the dreadful replay again I noticed the offensive line did a pretty decent job.They give plenty of pass protection and there were lanes to run at times. I figured Okie would score some points with that potent offensive line but it was shocking to see the offense struggle that much against a Big 12 defense. I just hope OK's defense is not the typical defense from that conference but we shall see, maybe they are the real deal. Agree that Barrett holds the ball way too long,he rarely ever throws it before the receiver comes out of the break.It is not all his fault either them receivers leave a lot to be desired. Barrett threw a perfect pass in the endzone to Mclauren in the first half and he looked like he couldn't even see it, I don't know if he lost it in the lights or what happened but that was an easy TD! It not all Barrett but would love to see Burrow get a shot. He is back throwing again and almost ready according to Meyer!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Burrow threw in warm ups. Out of all QBs in warm ups, Barretts balls looked the worse. Haskins looked best although Burrow is still recovering.

I'm still trying to figure out why they abandoned the inside power running game that was obviously wearing OUs defense down right after the half.

O line actually looked good other than a few times that Prince got destroyed at RT.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Actual "hurry up" offense with running the ball to start the second half resulted in a quick TD. Never went back to it.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

smurray wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:21 pm Actual "hurry up" offense with running the ball to start the second half resulted in a quick TD. Never went back to it.
Never hit the middle crossing routes to Campbell and Dixon from the Indiana game either.

Total letdown with JT and this offense. Our 2 stud backs had 16 total carries. Jt ran more than they did combined last night. Quite disturbing. And now JT slides on nearly every run? Pathetic.

Zero identity.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

This is the same as in the past in games they lost. Running game works with JT running the ball but then it is like JT has to have his touches. JT threw the ball way better as a freshman. Some of his passes are not even close. No surprise why Noah Brown left early last year because he knew it would not change. The last few years Buckeye fans kept thinking they would do something different to take advantage of their athletic ability. Hopefully Webber and Dobbins can be in the backfield at the same time and give them the ball to run not running JT more than 8 times a game.

If Burrow would have been healthy would have been good to had seen him in the fourth quarter to see if he could make some passes. Because all teams are going to line up and force the Buckeyes to throw the ball to win games. Like the Clemson game last year.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Time to try Haskins.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I never at any point last week had a feeling we would blow away the sooners as I stated. I thought we would win though. but in all honesty we were beaten in every phase of the game including the coaching. and in front of the 2nd largest crowd ever and a national tv audience in the shoe we laid an egg. and looked very average doing it. I figured we'd fall out of the top ten, but we are clinging at 9. this felt like the vt loss all over again to me. we seemed like we quit partially into the 3rd and gave a half hearted effort. it looked to me like they just didn't want to play. you can put all the cool , sensational hype videos out there you want. we were no where near as advertised.
here me now, unless ohio state changes drastically. and I watched the Michigan/cincy game. where cincy had numerous drops for td's. penn state looked beastly and looked like a team on a mission. wisky has struggled the first 2 weeks against Nevada/fau.the sooners got blasted by the ducks, and iowa narrowly escaped lil brother iowa state and right now I think far and away psu looks like the team to beat.as they just completely manhandled pitt, whom lest we forget handed Clemson their lone loss last year. ohio state hosts the nittany lions this year. but the sooners silenced over 109,000 Saturday.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Meyer and staff have to stop dumbing down a proven offense in attempt to make JT succeed. They have 2 QB's (Burrow and Haskins) that can throw the ball.

I was there Saturday night to watch receivers get open and JT missed them. He holds the ball way too long (as he normally does) and by the time he makes the throw, the defender has caught back up to make a play on the ball.

Put Dobbins AND Weber (who looked great btw) in the backfield with either Haskins or Burrow. They dont need a running QB, just an accurate one that will throw the ball and not let the defense cheat up in the box.

Meyer is being way too loyal here fellas. Time for him to make some $6 million an year tough decisions and put JT on the freaking bench.

I have said it before, there is NO WAY OSU wins a National Title in 2014 if Barrett doesnt get hurt.

Stop adjusting a good offense to a struggling QB. I wish all Buckeye Nation would just not show up to the home games until Urban makes the change. Apparently getting booo'd and watching the Buckeye faithful head to the exits with 9 minutes to go Saturday night isnt enough as Urban made it clear that JT is the QB after the game.

I have bought my last over priced ticket to watch JT struggle. I for one and ready for the JT era to end.

Next man up.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

overrated.

AT THE RESERVATION
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Go hate elsewhere lol

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Urban has said they spent all off season "improving the passing game and tempo". Really? When will they let us see this mystical offense? They only went up tempo one offensive series and that was just a 3 and out, giving OU the ball back in 45 seconds instead of 2 minutes of clock. They brought in an NFL QB coach and Wilson to do just keep doing the same thing. That sounds great. Let's put more lipstick on the pig! That will fix it!

A change at this point (Either Burrow or Haskins) would show that the coaching staff is fully aware of the problem and willing to do whatever it takes to fix this passing/offensive debacle. I for one would love to see JT set the world on fire with his arm, but it aint gonna happen captain (no pun intended).

Use Burrows/Haskins the next 3 games against Army, UNLV and Rutgers to get either one of them ready for the meat of the B1G schedule. That makes much more sense. JT's football career is done after this year anyways.

Unfortunately Meyer is going to keep Wilson handcuffed on the offensive duties and ride the USS JT to the bottom of the ocean floor.

Bring out the lipstick for the pig. Maybe Beck and Warriner were scapegoats to this dismal QB play of JT.

Rant over. On to Army.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

just line up and run the ball would solve a lot of problems

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

91blue14 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:32 pm just line up and run the ball would solve a lot of problems
I agree. But then JT wont improve his draft stock lol.

Put Dobbins AND Weber in the backfield with Haskins or Burrow. One guy throws it and the other 2 guys run it. Seems pretty simple to me.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

JT will probably look like the second coming of Warren Moon in these next few cupcake games and Meyer will think it is fixed, then the next tough defense comes to town and he will be saying "we will get the dam thing fixed" :lol:

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

Meyer is 62-7 at THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY!! I think he knows what he's doing. I love the Buckeyes, I get upset during games, but for the Love of God will some of you quit acting like you are the Next coming of Bear Bryant?!!

On to Army, through thick and Thin, I will be rooting my butt off for the Bucks!!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:52 am Go hate elsewhere lol

I heared that legend.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:18 pm Urban has said they spent all off season "improving the passing game and tempo". Really? When will they let us see this mystical offense? They only went up tempo one offensive series and that was just a 3 and out, giving OU the ball back in 45 seconds instead of 2 minutes of clock. They brought in an NFL QB coach and Wilson to do just keep doing the same thing. That sounds great. Let's put more lipstick on the pig! That will fix it!

A change at this point (Either Burrow or Haskins) would show that the coaching staff is fully aware of the problem and willing to do whatever it takes to fix this passing/offensive debacle. I for one would love to see JT set the world on fire with his arm, but it aint gonna happen captain (no pun intended).

Use Burrows/Haskins the next 3 games against Army, UNLV and Rutgers to get either one of them ready for the meat of the B1G schedule. That makes much more sense. JT's football career is done after this year anyways.

Unfortunately Meyer is going to keep Wilson handcuffed on the offensive duties and ride the USS JT to the bottom of the ocean floor.

Bring out the lipstick for the pig. Maybe Beck and Warriner were scapegoats to this dismal QB play of JT.

Rant over. On to Army.

great post.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

baseball16 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:14 pm Meyer is 62-7 at THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY!! I think he knows what he's doing. I love the Buckeyes, I get upset during games, but for the Love of God will some of you quit acting like you are the Next coming of Bear Bryant?!!

On to Army, through thick and Thin, I will be rooting my butt off for the Bucks!!!
its not hard to win when you have the best talent in the conference.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

baseball16 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:14 pm Meyer is 62-7 at THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY!! I think he knows what he's doing. I love the Buckeyes, I get upset during games, but for the Love of God will some of you quit acting like you are the Next coming of Bear Bryant?!!

Ask yourself this.....do you really think JT at QB will beat PSU or Michigan? Heck no. Maybe not Iowa, Nebraska or Michigan State.

Does JT at QB get us a playoff win? No.

Why? Because OSU is one dimensional on offense and the opposing defenses KNOW he can't best them through the air.

Without Cardale we never win it all in 2014. At least Urban listened to Herman and they changed the offense in a week and played to win.

Right now, because of JTs inability to throw it downfield (or anywhere tbh) they are playing not to lose.

There is a big difference. I bet Kevin Wilson is one frustrated man right now because this offense is definitely the same darn crap show we've seen with JT under center for 2 yrs.

Return to “College Sports”