WEEK 2 OKLAHOMA @ OHIO STATE.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

WEEK 2 OKLAHOMA @ OHIO STATE.

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

WHAT SAY YA'LL HERE ON THIS TITANIC MATCHUP IN ''WEEK 2 AT THE SHOE''

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: WEEK 2 OKLAHOMA @ OHIO STATE.

Post by Bleeding Red »

In all honesty, we may beat Oklahoma worse than we beat Indiana. I know that sounds crazy, but Oklahoma doesnt have a QB that gets the ball out of his hands like Indiana's QB did last night. All OSU's D line needs is that extra second to get to the QB and get hits/sacks.

Oklahoma, defensively, better be ready to step it up. I think we can pound the ball at them and make them pay on those slant routes over the middle.

There is nobody to look past this week for OSU. Its Oklahoma week. Nothing else matters.

Sooners 17
OSU 42

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Bleeding Red wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:44 am In all honesty, we may beat Oklahoma worse than we beat Indiana. I know that sounds crazy, but Oklahoma doesnt have a QB that gets the ball out of his hands like Indiana's QB did last night. All OSU's D line needs is that extra second to get to the QB and get hits/sacks.

Oklahoma, defensively, better be ready to step it up. I think we can pound the ball at them and make them pay on those slant routes over the middle.

There is nobody to look past this week for OSU. Its Oklahoma week. Nothing else matters.

Sooners 17
OSU 42
I agree, Indiana's offense is way different than Oklahoma. Our D-line and backers SHOULD have a field day.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Bleeding Red wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:44 am In all honesty, we may beat Oklahoma worse than we beat Indiana. I know that sounds crazy, but Oklahoma doesnt have a QB that gets the ball out of his hands like Indiana's QB did last night. All OSU's D line needs is that extra second to get to the QB and get hits/sacks.

Sooners 17
OSU 42

I hope you're right red. a big win point wise could really be a big feather for urban's head dress her in early September. and with bama and fsu playing. somebody has to fall. if it's fsu, it does not matter as much as we are 2. but if number 1 bama falls, then that's a horse of a different color

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I really think an excellent game plan by Indiana, and ohio state having the sooners on their mind led to a very sluggish first half. but the hoosiers were ballin whilst we was a sleepwalkin.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

I need to see Oklahoma play this weekend to see what they do well on offense, but with what they have coming back on the offensive side, it looks like they'll be playing right into Ohio State's hand on defense. If that's the case and the front 7 plays well for us and the DB's hold up just a little bit, this could be a three touchdown game.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Indiana spent the entire spring and summer preparing their QB to get the ball out fast to negate our D line. Total surprise to OSUs D coaches and players. Nobody would have predicted them throwing 65 times. Not to mention Indy returned their entire defense full of upper classmen from last year.

OK has a hard time stopping the run and can get torched through the air. I like our defense vs their offense and I like our offense vs their defense as long as we take some shots and keep them from loading the box.

Expect Shiano to get more creative vs Baker Mayfield and not just come at him with a base 4 man front like they did against Indy.

We have 9 days to prepare for only OK. I think they will be ready.

outerbanksjake
JV Team

Post by outerbanksjake »

Other then trying to throw to a TE and getting the snap off about ten seconds sooner I really didn't see much difference from OSU. Didn't see anything from Okudah, Wade or Pryor, hopefully next week. Thought they might get McCall in in the last few minutes.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Looked like OSU came out to not get upset and it wasn't working. I little more play making and a little quicker off the ball for the defense is OSU football. Buck may not wanted to show the second half that early.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

I too waited to comment till the Sooners played. They displayed an awesome looking passing attack with Baker Mayfield going 19 out of 20 for 329 yards, three touchdowns with no interceptions. Two other QB's were 13 for 16, 167 yards and one touchdown. Though UTEP was a weak opponent, it appears the Buckeye's secondary will be sorely tested again. To win, OSU will need for the DL to both pressure and contain Mayfield while pounding the ball with Dobbins and Weber. Ohio State wins a close one 27-26.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

the sooners looked very impressive albeit against utep. but it would most definitely be a big win for ohio state no doubt.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

OSU's young defensive backs got a lot of on the job training at IU. Probably was good for them. And the old saying that you improve the most from game 1 to game 2 bodes well for the Bucks. I don't predict a rout but id say OSU wins solidly.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Will be a rough one but osu should win

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Bucks win on home turf by 23.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:36 am Bucks win on home turf by 23.
Giving em 23? man i hope your right

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:52 am
Yep, 23. I'm a little under Bleeding Red's point spread of 25, but I think the Bucks will show the Sooners the way outback to the wood shed. ;)

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:36 am
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:52 am
Yep, 23. I'm a little under Bleeding Red's point spread of 25, but I think the Bucks will show the Sooners the way outback to the wood shed. ;)
If they start this game game like they did the 2nd half vs indiana be no problem they just gotta do that..

So whats every ones opinion do we keep dobbins as starter or give it back to weber?

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

I like-um both. Be cool if he uses them both, in and out deal. Rest is good at times, but I would start Weber.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

No way Urban will lose in the shoe to a 33 year old twerp.....lol

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

The Oaf wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:26 am No way Urban will lose in the shoe to a 33 year old twerp.....lol
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “College Sports”