Haskins to NFL ?

countywide35
SEOP

Haskins to NFL ?

Post by countywide35 »

Is it official now he’s declared for the draft ??

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Omega
SEOPS H

Re: Haskins to NFL ?

Post by Omega »

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Yup, saw it earlier today.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Can this be the 1st OSU quarterback to make any kind of real impact in the NFL ? (Tom Matte QB in 59-60 played for Colts and won 1 super bowl ring in 71 but was a rb then along with Rex Kern Qb 68-70 who was a db then for the Colts. Art Schlichter Qb 79-82 ruined his own chances and Mike Tomczak Qb 82-84 was a part time starter and good backup for years and won a ring with da Bears in 85 ). Only time will tell but Haskins may just be another Cardale, Tyrelle, Troy, Craig, Joe, Stanley, Bobby, Kirk, Greg, Kent, Jim, Tom, Corny and Greg who were all Buckeye starters the last 50 years. Only time will tell. ;)

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Bengals pick?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

mattash wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:24 pmBengals pick?
My guess is the Jets will grab him

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:15 pm Can this be the 1st OSU quarterback to make any kind of real impact in the NFL ? (Tom Matte QB in 59-60 played for Colts and won 1 super bowl ring in 71 but was a rb then along with Rex Kern Qb 68-70 who was a db then for the Colts. Art Schlichter Qb 79-82 ruined his own chances and Mike Tomczak Qb 82-84 was a part time starter and good backup for years and won a ring with da Bears in 85 ). Only time will tell but Haskins may just be another Cardale, Tyrelle, Troy, Craig, Joe, Stanley, Bobby, Kirk, Greg, Kent, Jim, Tom, Corny and Greg who were all Buckeye starters the last 50 years. Only time will tell. ;)
Despite his golden arm, I feel he will be a project for whichever NFL team drafts him. He needs work on his footwork, reads, and just flat out more game experience to succeed in the NFL. Haskins is smart and seems to have the work ethic needed to eventually get himself into NFL form.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I agree omega. he was only a starter for 1 year. which to me is just amazing. I think when all is said and done. he will be the 1st qb picked, and I also have a feeling he may be the number 1 pick as well. he has the size and a perfect nfl arm, he does not like to run. and he is the perfect prototypical pocket passer. he is going to be a beast to sack. has limited mobility, and definitely needs to address his footwork. and we have to realize he will be going to a terrible team, with likely a horrible line to protect him. but if he can get a decent line to block for him, and some capable recievers, I think he'll be a golden goose of a pick. he may be thrust into a starting role by the start of the season. because of the team's lack of production. but he's very smart, has a good head on his shoulders, got in no trouble. seems wholesome and intelligent. but can only one year as a starter be enough training for the play calling of say a jon gruden. and the verbage of his calls, and reading defenses, and and calling audibles at the line. will he be under center or in the gun. but his draft stock will never be higher than it is right now. his records in one full season of play are unbelievable. he is uninjured and ready to go. you can't blame the guy for wanting to get paid. now we have the qb from Georgia. who was the 2nd highest player in the country, and the number one qb, like yesterday. I look for tate martell to transfer. I really do. and the college signing still have a few weeks to go.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Haskins reminds me of a big QB from Miami, Ohio that was slow of foot but good arm. Right QB coach and system will matter greatly.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

If someone takes him early, I'm leaning towards the NY Giants. Eli has a couple yrs (max) left. Would give him time to learn.

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

OHHS old timer wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:33 pm If someone takes him early, I'm leaning towards the NY Giants. Eli has a couple yrs (max) left. Would give him time to learn.
I think the Giants would be a great opportunity for him. They have weapons, and can address the o-line in free agency. Eli probably has one more year in him, which is good for Haskins.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Haskins did rush himself when being pressured. But he did show toughness running ball after being laughed at for his stumbling around. Would the Giants upgrade their offensive line which they refused to do last year in the draft. Then getting a overpaid tackle in free agency. Not sure how he will do in NY with money and all going on.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I'd love to see that big dude in bengals stripes.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

farmer wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:59 am Haskins did rush himself when being pressured. But he did show toughness running ball after being laughed at for his stumbling around. Would the Giants upgrade their offensive line which they refused to do last year in the draft. Then getting a overpaid tackle in free agency. Not sure how he will do in NY with money and all going on.
Luckily o-line is the easiest upgrade in the sport. The Colts did it in one offseason, and so did the Saints a few years back. The Giants will need to upgrade the o-line regardless of who they draft.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Easiest upgrade when it becomes a priority with good people running it. As the Bengals went cheap and could not turn high draft picks into players good enough to stay on the field. That is why Steelers OL Coach Munchak is worth more money as a coach for what he does.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

exactly.

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

He is the projected #1 QB but I think he would benefit greatly from another year in college. I think he is a long term project. I hope it works out for him.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

I really didn’t want to see him go. His pure raw talent comes around every so often. Think. He’s only been a starter and heavy hitter for one year. 13-1. In order to get to be 13-1 he literally had to win the game week in. Week out. True Heisman winner. I thought the temptation of being the Heisman winner and a national title shot would persuade him back but hard to knock a person for not signing their name on a line worth millions and a bonus for doing so.

Go Get Get em O-H-I-O !

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

my thoughts are. I think he is the number 1 pick overall. not to mention the 1st qb taken. I think that any team drafting 1st would want this cat. that can be argued, but I believe he is that valuable. look at what he done at ohio state in one year. in one of the top programs in the country, that has a shot every year at the playoffs. and the qb at ohio state is one of the biggest pressure cooker jobs anywhere in sports.

baseball16
All Conference

Post by baseball16 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:59 am my thoughts are. I think he is the number 1 pick overall. not to mention the 1st qb taken. I think that any team drafting 1st would want this cat. that can be argued, but I believe he is that valuable. look at what he done at ohio state in one year. in one of the top programs in the country, that has a shot every year at the playoffs. and the qb at ohio state is one of the biggest pressure cooker jobs anywhere in sports.
Because that usually works out! J.T. Barrett, Cardale Jones, Troy Smith, Joe Germaine, Terrelle Pryor, ....
Also, many teams that are at the top of the Draft have already picked a franchise QB the last couple of years. I do see him going to NY Giants or a team that has an aging QB, sit behind them for a year or two then take over.

Return to “College Sports”