Justin Fields Is Now A Buckeye

Omega
SEOPS H

Justin Fields Is Now A Buckeye

Post by Omega »

Per Eleven Warriors:

Justin Fields is now the highest-rated player in the history of Ohio State football.

Fields was the No. 2 player in the entire 2018 class according to the 247 Composite Rankings, behind Trevor Lawrence of Clemson, but also tied as the No. 8 player of all-time with a 0.9998 rating, according to the 247 Composite all-time recruiting rankings.

The Buckeyes have never signed a player as highly-rated as Fields was coming out of high school, but they did sign one that comes close, and even plays the same position: Terrelle Pryor.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-sta ... layer-ever

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Justin Fields Is Now A Buckeye

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

SAW ------------------------------ WEET,AS MUCH AS I HATE TO LOSE HASKINS I TAKE IT HASKINS IS GONE.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:46 pm SAW ------------------------------ WEET,AS MUCH AS I HATE TO LOSE HASKINS I TAKE IT HASKINS IS GONE.
Yeah Haskins will be gone. Will Martell stay if Fields does not have to sit out a year?

That and Alex Grinch has left for the DC job at Oklahoma,
which likely means Schiano is staying.

Michael Jordan has declared for the NFL but Jordan Fuller is staying.

Just think what the chaos in Columbus would have been without the coaching change being as orderly as it was.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

This ring around the rosey is getting better every year in the NCAA. He couldn't unseat Fromm @ Georgia but will he be the starter here next year and cause Baldwin and/or Martell to transfer a la Joey last year. Stay tuned for the ride.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:38 pm This ring around the rosey is getting better every year in the NCAA. He couldn't unseat Fromm @ Georgia but will he be the starter here next year and cause Baldwin and/or Martell to transfer a la Joey last year. Stay tuned for the ride.
I get Georgia TV where I live and it seemed that was quite a bit of support in Athens to start Fields over Fromm. There was also a racial slur incident against Fields on the Georgia campus which likely prompted his transfer rather than starting prospects. I am with you FOS on the liberalized transfer rules putting players up for bid so to speak for playing time. I get the freedom and economic reasons to allow transfers, but it is pushing college further into a pay for play environment. Of course I guess I need to accept that times change and that Ozzie and Harriet are long gone.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Omega wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:05 pm
FANOSPORTS wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:38 pm This ring around the rosey is getting better every year in the NCAA. He couldn't unseat Fromm @ Georgia but will he be the starter here next year and cause Baldwin and/or Martell to transfer a la Joey last year. Stay tuned for the ride.
I get Georgia TV where I live and it seemed that was quite a bit of support in Athens to start Fields over Fromm. There was also a racial slur incident against Fields on the Georgia campus which likely prompted his transfer rather than starting prospects. I am with you FOS on the liberalized transfer rules putting players up for bid so to speak for playing time. I get the freedom and economic reasons to allow transfers, but it is pushing college further into a pay for play environment. Of course I guess I need to accept that times change and that Ozzie and Harriet are long gone.
I guess i'm still in the "way it was" much simpler times era with Rickey & David, Eddie Haskell & Lumpy as my friends down the block and Woody, Ara and Bear coaching. I need to catch up with the times but can't. It changes too quickly for me in my older years to keep up.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Can't imagine Fields doesn't get the waiver. If you're the NCAA, how do you deny the claim of racism? You can't. If Patterson could get a waiver, Fields surely will. Sounds like Martell is willing to compete, but for how long? I predict he stays this coming season, and if he doesn't win the job, he will graduate transfer with 2 years of eligibility left.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I think you're right alum. though if you have not ever been in a pro or college locker room. racial slurs are heard in nearly every sentence.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

not that that makes it right. cause it ain't but I'm just telling you I have heard it myself.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Oh, I don't think it's his real reason for leaving, but it's an avenue he can take for the waiver that the NCAA can't really fight.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Fields will be a beast.

I will also be majorly surprised if Schiano is still on staff by mid January.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Bleeding Red wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:16 pm Fields will be a beast.

I will also be majorly surprised if Schiano is still on staff by mid January.
True. The Tennessee fans & boosters got their way last year after he was essentially already named the head coach then a total uprising ( probably had 50,000 people cancelling season tickets if he was hired). The buddy system doesn't work everywhere.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

And.....Martell is in the transfer portal.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I hope he gets a great shot somewhere else without having to drop to fcs to play right away. I'd love to see him at Youngstown or north Dakota state though.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

se-alum wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:57 pm And.....Martell is in the transfer portal.
Last week Tater Tot was immaturely tweeting his mouth off and this week he is leaving.

Poor attitude on both ends. Good riddance.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Bleeding Red wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:11 pm
se-alum wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:57 pm And.....Martell is in the transfer portal.
Last week Tater Tot was immaturely tweeting his mouth off and this week he is leaving.

Poor attitude on both ends. Good riddance.
Ya, I don’t have a problem with Tate transferring - I think he needs to but he sure ran his mouth enough about beating Fields out of the starting job and running down Fields and then after the Fields transfer is official he knows he cant win it so he bolts.

Return to “College Sports”