SEOPS H

USC (east) Talking to Rich Rod

Post by Omega »

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Valenth
SEOP

Re: USC (east) Talking to Rich Rod

Post by Valenth »

Well this obviously shows Rich Rods Head coaching position at Arizona is on the Rocks... Or is he trying to become the only coach to be a head coach of a team in all Power 5 Conferences? :lol:

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Interesting

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Chieftain2009 wrote:Interesting

While USCe is not a premier job, it is a good job. They have had two months to find a coach but apparently no takers. Me thinks the Gamecock talent cupboard is so bare no one wants the job. Spurrier's last two recruiting classes have either not panned out, not qualified for school, or simply decommitted.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

no way this happens,

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

the game has left rich rod behind I believe.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:the game has left rich rod behind I believe.

Perhaps the game is leaving South Carolina behind. From a USC forum:

http://southcarolina.forums.rivals.com/ ... er.102107/

AD Ray Tanner starting to take some heat at not getting a sexy hire at this stage of the coaching search. Tanner won back to back NCAA baseball
CWS, but in my opinion has allowed SC athletics to decline since he became AD. Great coach, great ambassador, lousy administrator. A local
radio talk show out of Greenville though speculated USC may be waiting for Clemson's season to be over to snag Brent Venables or Jeff Scott
from the Clemson staff.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Rod should have stayed at WV

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

I think Will Muschamp is interested in the job too.. :o

The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

Coach is the Godfather of How the Pontif and Ohio plays offense. HE is their daddy. Won a lot of games too at a few places. Has had more impact on the college game than just about anyone else I can think of in the last 15-20 yrs. On the O side. And of course Coach Saban on the other side of the ball

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

The reason he's jumping here to there now is because Pitt beat him back in 2007.(13-9) Cost him his job at wvu and a shot at a NC.Just stating facts not rubbing it in...If he wins that game he's most likely still at wvu and their program would be better than it is now.

"I have a deep affection for the University of Pittsburgh.It is my University.I am proud to be a Pitt man.”-Jock Sutherland
Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Black Panther wrote:The reason he's jumping here to there now is because Pitt beat him back in 2007.(13-9) Cost him his job at wvu and a shot at a NC.Just stating facts not rubbing it in...If he wins that game he's most likely still at wvu and their program would be better than it is now.
You make a very good point.

Bird Dog
All Conference

Post by Bird Dog »

Black Panther wrote:The reason he's jumping here to there now is because Pitt beat him back in 2007.(13-9) Cost him his job at wvu and a shot at a NC.Just stating facts not rubbing it in...If he wins that game he's most likely still at wvu and their program would be better than it is now.
I doubt he'd still be there even if he won a national title. Way more money at bigger schools, he would've jumped ship. Oh yeah that game against Pitt was one of the worse coached games I've ever seen in my life.

Bird Dog
All Conference

Post by Bird Dog »

Oh yeah glad Pitt won cause if they would've played Buckeyes in title game and won. We would never ever ever ever ever ever heard the end of that.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Bird Dog wrote:Oh yeah glad Pitt won cause if they would've played Buckeyes in title game and won. We would never ever ever ever ever ever heard the end of that.
That would have been burnt into our minds! :o

Return to “College Sports”