Dwayne Haskins says he'll play in Rose Bowl

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

I am somewhat surprised by this. Maybe there is some old school loyalty left in college football. Per WBNS 10TV:

Shortly after it was announced that Ohio State would be heading Rose Bowl, quarterback Dwayne Haskins says he will be playing in the game.

During a press conference Sunday afternoon, Haskins was asked if it was possible he would sit out the game as he considering entering the NFL draft.

"I'm playing in the game," Haskins said.

After throwing for 499 yards and 5 touchdowns in the Big Ten Championship, Haskins said Saturday night he would announce his decision after the season.

In his first full season as a starter, Haskins has completed 348 passes for 4,580 yards with 47 touchdowns.

https://www.10tv.com/article/dwayne-has ... -rose-bowl

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: Dwayne Haskins says he'll play in Rose Bowl

Post by Bleeding Red »

The guy is solid. He is a team member and competitor. I think he will scorch Washingtons defense.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I agree red. I am glad to hear he is playing.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
baseball16
All Conference

Post by baseball16 »

How motivated will this team be? Sadly , after the 4 playoff teams were announced I could care less who was playing who in a Bowl Game. This is where the NCAA is now. Teams that win bowl games are the one with the most motivation. If I were Urban I would sit him and play Tate Martell. Get him some experience and ready for next year as a starter. :lol: ;) :lol:

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

I'm not going to complain about getting to see him one more time if that's what he wants to do! I wouldn't have hated if Martell was forced to start either. Would've given us a glimpse at what the offense will look like next year. Personally, if I were Haskins, and I knew I was going pro, I wouldn't play.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Just announced that Haskins is a Heisman finalist.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

It is my hope that Haskins will return next year.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Haskins needs to take the real strong advice where he has been told that he isn't ready for the NFL. Too slow of foot and needs lots of work on that.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

noreply66 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:52 pm Haskins needs to take the real strong advice where he has been told that he isn't ready for the NFL. Too slow of foot and needs lots of work on that.
He can get a 10+ million signing bonus to work on that in the NFL.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

se-alum wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:39 am
noreply66 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:52 pm Haskins needs to take the real strong advice where he has been told that he isn't ready for the NFL. Too slow of foot and needs lots of work on that.
Some projections are around the bottom of 1st round and others say 2nd or 3rd. Big money drop past pick #32.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:50 am
se-alum wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:39 am
Some projections are around the bottom of 1st round and others say 2nd or 3rd. Big money drop past pick #32.
The top 3 QB prospects are Drew Lock, Haskins, and Justin Herbert. Haskins had the best year by far. Teams always reach for QB's. Haskins will go in the top half of the 1st round.

Return to “College Sports”