2017 Kentucky Football

Showtime
Waterboy

2017 Kentucky Football

Post by Showtime »

Not sure if there are any fans of Kentucky football on the forum. I'm not really a fan, but I'm craving college football and thought they would be an interesting team to discuss.

The Wildcats went 7-6 last season and finished second in the SEC East. The East was really down as a whole last year and has been the last couple seasons, but still I think it's impressive. It was the first time Kentucky has finished .500 in the SEC since 2006.

To sort of make things more relevant to the forum, just looking at their roster you notice a lot of players from the state of Ohio. They actually have more players from Ohio (29) than Kentucky (25). Nine of the 29 players from Ohio are projected starters this season, including running back Benny Snell Jr. who had over 1000 yards and 13 touchdowns as a freshman, and linebacker Jordan Jones who led the team in tackles last year with 109.

HC Mark Stoops is from Youngstown and he has certainly taken advantage of KY's proximity to OH in his recruiting. What are your thoughts on this season's Kentucky team?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2017 Kentucky Football

Post by noreply66 »

Hope the Blue Grass boys do well

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

KENTUCKY HAS A FOOTBALL TEAM ??????????????????????????????????????? JUSS KIDDING MAN

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Showtime
Waterboy

Post by Showtime »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:26 am KENTUCKY HAS A FOOTBALL TEAM ??????????????????????????????????????? JUSS KIDDING MAN
Haha oh don't worry I'm definitely not a fan. I just like seeing them do well. Basketball on the other hand is a different story. Never rooting for UK basketball!

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Hey, UK football deserves some attention out of southern Ohio for folks who enjoy college football.
Fairly easy drive from along the Ohio River, UK has a great stadium, and SEC opponents. Plus way less of a hassle than trying to see the Bucks play in old Columbus town.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Stoops is getting things turned around in Lexington. The recruiting has been good and they have upgraded facilities. Look for another winning season, maybe 8-4 or better, just depends on injuries.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

8-4 is not to far stretched

wins.
s.miss
eastern ky
eastern mich
vendy
miss
mizzo
s.caro

then they need to pull one more out

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
TheDoctor
Riding the Bench

Post by TheDoctor »

Is Jared Lorenzen still training to become a sumo wrestler?

Return to “College Sports”