2018-19 Ohio State Buckeyes Women's Basketball

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Re: 2018-19 Ohio State Buckeyes Women's Basketball

Post by Chieftain2009 »

The Buckeyes (14-15) season officially ended as they fell 71-61 to visiting Morehead State (24-10) in the opening round of the NIT. OSU had a 3-point lead heading into the halftime break, but were flat out outplayed by MSU in the second half. Dorka Juhasz led the Buckeyes with a double-double (15 points and 10 rebounds).

Leading the way for Morehead State was Aliyah Jeune with 20 points.

bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:09 am The Buckeyes (14-15) season officially ended as they fell 71-61 to visiting Morehead State (24-10) in the opening round of the NIT. OSU had a 3-point lead heading into the halftime break, but were flat out outplayed by MSU in the second half. Dorka Juhasz led the Buckeyes with a double-double (15 points and 10 rebounds).

Leading the way for Morehead State was Aliyah Jeune with 20 points.
Kinda a bad way to end the season. OSU had overachieved most of the year and figured to get to the 2nd or 3rd round of the NIT. Hopefully it will make those freshmen coming hungry to not repeat an ending to a game they win 99 out 100 times.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Just read on 11W where the Buckeye Women have picked up a Transfer from Oklahoma State University. She played at Centerville HS near Dayton, led her team to 3 State Championships, and 4 Straight Final 4's. As a Sophomore this year she averaged 14.7 pts per game. Her name is Braxtin Miller, she's a Pt guard. She may have to sit out this year, but would have her Junior and Senior years to play. Don't think she's related to the real "Braxton", but is from that general area.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

VetteMan wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:13 am Just read on 11W where the Buckeye Women have picked up a Transfer from Oklahoma State University. She played at Centerville HS near Dayton, led her team to 3 State Championships, and 4 Straight Final 4's. As a Sophomore this year she averaged 14.7 pts per game. Her name is Braxtin Miller, she's a Pt guard. She may have to sit out this year, but would have her Junior and Senior years to play. Don't think she's related to the real "Braxton", but is from that general area.
The Buckeyes incoming freshman class is loaded as well.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:11 pm
VetteMan wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:13 am Just read on 11W where the Buckeye Women have picked up a Transfer from Oklahoma State University. She played at Centerville HS near Dayton, led her team to 3 State Championships, and 4 Straight Final 4's. As a Sophomore this year she averaged 14.7 pts per game. Her name is Braxtin Miller, she's a Pt guard. She may have to sit out this year, but would have her Junior and Senior years to play. Don't think she's related to the real "Braxton", but is from that general area.
You are certainly right about that, they have some outstanding talent coming in next year. It seems as if there Coach is one heck of a Recruiter, but for whatever reason it doesn't always transpire to the court. If he doesn't start producing some better results before long, I wouldn't be surprised to see some changes in the near future. I have no idea what Katie Smith is doing right now, or even if she would be interested, but I think she would be a great Coach as well as an outstanding recruiter.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

VetteMan wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:34 pm
You are certainly right about that, they have some outstanding talent coming in next year. It seems as if there Coach is one heck of a Recruiter, but for whatever reason it doesn't always transpire to the court. If he doesn't start producing some better results before long, I wouldn't be surprised to see some changes in the near future. I have no idea what Katie Smith is doing right now, or even if she would be interested, but I think she would be a great Coach as well as an outstanding recruiter.
Yeah, looking like he has no problem recruiting. Right now, Katie Smith is the head coach of the New York Liberty in the WNBA.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:37 pm
VetteMan wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:34 pm

Yeah, looking like he has no problem recruiting. Right now, Katie Smith is the head coach of the New York Liberty in the WNBA.
Thank you, I had forgotten about that. I still think that if the OSU job ever become vacant, and she was approached about it, it would be very hard to turn it down. Mayby this is just wishful thinking on my part ? Lol

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Just read on Eleven Warriors that the Buckeye Women got a commitment from Madison Greene, a 4 Star Pt Guard from Pickerington Central. She had committed to Penn State earlier, but when they did not retain there Head Coach, she was able to decommit from Penn State, and then commit to the Buckeye's. I think she led Pickerington Central to the State Championship in 2018. The Buckeye Women really have some highly rated outstanding talent coming in, lets hope it shows up on the court.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The Buckeye Girls got a commitment for the year 2020,from another 5 Star. She's a Point Guard, her name is Kateri Poole, she's from the Bronx, New York. The Buckeye Girls coach can certainly recruit, as he already has a very highly rated 2019 class coming in, they just need to start showing that talent on the floor, not only in the Big 10, but with more success in the Post Season

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

NCAA trouble ahead for OSU women's basketball? Asst. Coach Klien has resigned. No specifics given but it sounds like possible recruiting violations and possible sexual harassment allegatons are being investigated by the University.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-sta ... n#comments

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Omega wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:35 pm NCAA trouble ahead for OSU women's basketball? Asst. Coach Klien has resigned. No specifics given but it sounds like possible recruiting violations and possible sexual harassment allegatons are being investigated by the University.

I'm assuming he was asked to resign or be fired was probably the situation.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:53 am
Omega wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:35 pm NCAA trouble ahead for OSU women's basketball? Asst. Coach Klien has resigned. No specifics given but it sounds like possible recruiting violations and possible sexual harassment allegatons are being investigated by the University.

I'm assuming he was asked to resign or be fired was probably the situation.
I'm afraid nothing good will come out of this, by the time this is all said and done.

Return to “College Sports”