WEEK 8 THEE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES @ THE PURDUE BOILERMAKERS. YOUR THOUGHTS HERE PLEASE.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

WEEK 8 THEE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES @ THE PURDUE BOILERMAKERS. YOUR THOUGHTS HERE PLEASE.

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

AM I THE ONLY ONE SICK OF WATCHING URBAN MEYER MANAGE A GAME. HE LOOKS LIKE HE'S GONNA THROW UP.
WE SHOULD NOT HAVE TO WAIT TILL SOMEBODY DRAWS BLOOD TO WAKE uP. THE CROWD WAS DEAD, THE TACKLING WAS AWFUL. BUT GLAD WITH THE WIN. URBAN YOU DON'T HAVE TO RE - INVENT THE WHEEL, 4TH AND ONE, YOU HAVE A BIG STRONG QB. AND A STRONG SET OF BACKS. AND WE GET IN A SHOTGUN AND HAND OFF 4 YARDS DEEP IN THE BACKFIELD. DID YOU SEE JOE BURROW GET UNDER CENTER AND DO A QB SNEAK WITH HIS BACKS AIDING HIM, IT'S LEGAL ALREADY.

okay with that said. despite a very pourous defense, injuries out the wazoo poor tackling and terrible line play on both sides of the ball. haskins still throws for over 400 yards. and we should move to 2 in the country with georgia falling. auburn lost their 3rd, and while I'm curious how fall Georgia falls. there should be no way ohio state isn't at 2 now. up next is a trip to purdue to shut down the boilers in the state of Indiana. and then the bucks head into their bye week before heading to husker country. what are your thoughts on the gopher game and this one coming up.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Hoggy
SEOP

Re: WEEK 8 THEE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES @ THE PURDUE BOILERMAKERS. YOUR THOUGHTS HERE PLEASE.

Post by Hoggy »

I am not bashing on Urban, but I also see a man on the side lines with either his hands on top of his head or leaned over with his hands on his knees. IMO he doesn't give off the positive vibes nor fires up the team what so ever. The chemistry with this team just seems off and they are lacking any swagger or confidence.

I am totally sold on going to a zone defense right now and get the team accustomed to playing it. The defense is atrocious and this is probably the worst group of LBs that I have seen in several years.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: WEEK 8 THEE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES @ THE PURDUE BOILERMAKERS. YOUR THOUGHTS HERE PLEASE.

if we had played Michigan yesterday. we may have lost by 3 touchdowns, I believe we could have hung with wisky. and still have big games left with very dangerous opponents. and don't sleep on Maryland either. purdue is getting things back on track. and if we play like yesterday. we could be in for an upset. I don't think I was intending on bashing urban, but geeze o pete, on the sidelines he looks like he awaiting hearing how long a prison stay that they are going to tell him he has coming up. I cannot imagine being in his shoes, but you have to motivate differently than that. take control , go down the sidelines, and get in some faces of those not doing their jobs. or send someone in who will. we have an all star cast of coahes on our sideline and in our booth. we shouldn't seem so out of control.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Hoggy wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:35 am I am not bashing on Urban, but I also see a man on the side lines with either his hands on top of his head or leaned over with his hands on his knees. IMO he doesn't give off the positive vibes nor fires up the team what so ever. The chemistry with this team just seems off and they are lacking any swagger or confidence.

I am totally sold on going to a zone defense right now and get the team accustomed to playing it. The defense is atrocious and this is probably the worst group of LBs that I have seen in several years.
I definitely agree with your post about lacking swagger and confidence. and the crowd feels it as well.

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

Upset alert if problems aren't corrected.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

This game scares me. I don't think Purdue's D can stop us, but we certainly don't look like we could stop Purdue. Rondale Moore may have 200+ receiving if we don't get it together. Even our experienced guys, like Jordan Fuller, are getting out of position and taking bad angles. Probably time to work in some zone.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

As alluded to in previous posts, something is not well in old Columbus towne. Did the Meyer situation in August and September cause harm to team chemistry? Instead of an angry football team ready to demolish opponents to uphold Urban's honor, I see both coaches and players simply disinterested and on the verge of quitting. Given the presence of supposed elite athletes and coaches, the only reason for the teams declining level of coaching and play has to be locker room issues.

That said, the talent is there for State to regroup and win the conference and qualify for the CFP. Yet I see a 2010 Florida like end to the season, with the Bucks stumbling to three losses beginning with Purdue.

Purdue 45 Ohio State 35.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Barber1973
Freshman Team

Post by Barber1973 »

Im a buckeye die hard but i said this weeks ago i think purdue beats us. That receiver they have will probly have 3 hundo plus on us. And purdue d ends r speed rushers and our o tackles will b in fer a long day

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Crazy talk yall buckeyes by 3 tds

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

I said this at the beginning of the season, if Ohio State lost a game, it wouldn’t be to TCU, Penn State, or any of the other big dogs in the B1G. I figured a slip up against Purdue, Maryland, Minnesota (I was worried for a bit). I think Purdue is better than their record. Moore is a danegerous WR, you seen what Johnson from Minnesota did in the slot, expecting Moore to have a big game this week. Urban looks so stressed on the sidelines, it’s stressing me out just watching him stress out. This is the worst Buckeye defense I’ve seen in quite some time. Outside of Young & Jones I don’t think anyone remotely got in the Minnesota backfield this past week. The LB’s are the worst group I’ve seen at Ohio State. The secondary not so hot either, taking bad angles, and getting beat underneath. Team loaded with 4 & 5 star kids are playing more like 2 and 3 star kids, minus the heart those kids have. The offensive line is pretty bad too, both tackles got beat, and will continue to get beat. The good news is, I still don’t think Purdue can stop the Buckeyes, Haskins will have another good game, but I feel he will be under pressure a lot. Buckeyes will need to get pressure on the Purdue QB. Make him scramble around and make mistakes, and just help out the secondary. I think Ohio State wins, by a few TD’s but it wouldn’t shock me if this game came down to the wire and they were on the losing end. Need a lot of work the next 4 weeks. Michigan will beat Ohio State if they play like they did against Minnesota. Buckeyes don’t look like a team that’s ready to contend for a championship currently.

Who Dey!
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

A few points:

1.) I think this OSU team played much better and with more effort under Ryan Day. I will get back to his in a second.

2.) The defense is waiting on someone else to make a play. No swarming to the ball. As said before, the LB's (Specifically Borland and Werner) are a circus. Its the second worst defense I have ever seen at OSU. The D line is good and will be much better if Bosa returns in a few weeks. But that back 7 is garbage. Schiano at this point is stealing a paycheck. Still not sure how they think we can effectively plan man coverage after we get torched for big plays EVERY week. The time to move to zone was like 4 games ago. These DB's arent even close to being good enough to man to man.

3.) This O line is getting worse as the year goes on. Prince, or lets start calling him Princess, is AWFUL. Nobody can tell me there is not another lineman on that team that can play better than Prince.

4.) Lets talk Urban Meyer. His loyalty to certain players is greater to the loyalty to his team. How could Prince stay in the game Saturday when Cashman was beating him like a drum every play? Then the false starts on him......it was a complete joke.

And if they were going to leave him in the game, why in the world wouldnt you have a TE on that side of the ball helping him out? There are ZERO adjustments being made and totally condoning incompetence by leaving Prince and a few others out there to just keep getting molested.

Its week 8. If these things couldnt be fixed in the first 7 weeks, I dont have much faith in Urban and his staff getting them fixed now.

Leaving Prince out there just shows that the poor play is just something that they will go forward with. They have a championship level offense and the defense is pitiful.

Rant over lol.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:21 am A few points:

1.) I think this OSU team played much better and with more effort under Ryan Day. I will get back to his in a second.

2.) The defense is waiting on someone else to make a play. No swarming to the ball. As said before, the LB's (Specifically Borland and Werner) are a circus. Its the second worst defense I have ever seen at OSU. The D line is good and will be much better if Bosa returns in a few weeks. But that back 7 is garbage. Schiano at this point is stealing a paycheck. Still not sure how they think we can effectively plan man coverage after we get torched for big plays EVERY week. The time to move to zone was like 4 games ago. These DB's arent even close to being good enough to man to man.

3.) This O line is getting worse as the year goes on. Prince, or lets start calling him Princess, is AWFUL. Nobody can tell me there is not another lineman on that team that can play better than Prince.

4.) Lets talk Urban Meyer. His loyalty to certain players is greater to the loyalty to his team. How could Prince stay in the game Saturday when Cashman was beating him like a drum every play? Then the false starts on him......it was a complete joke.

And if they were going to leave him in the game, why in the world wouldnt you have a TE on that side of the ball helping him out? There are ZERO adjustments being made and totally condoning incompetence by leaving Prince and a few others out there to just keep getting molested.

Its week 8. If these things couldnt be fixed in the first 7 weeks, I dont have much faith in Urban and his staff getting them fixed now.

Leaving Prince out there just shows that the poor play is just something that they will go forward with. They have a championship level offense and the defense is pitiful.

Rant over lol.
My thoughts exactly, how are you going to leave Prince in the game with the way he was playing. Surely they have someone better, idc his grade, star or where he’s from. If he can play better than Prince let him play. Couldn’t get any worse, but that didn’t happen and I’m sure it won’t. Lol

Who Dey!
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

I agree with bleeding red........the bucks seemed to be a different team when Day was interim coach.......lots of reasons for that but the end result they were a different team............lets hope we see that team again....SOON

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

One thing about being a different team with Day was having Bosa playing.
Offensive line is not getting better. I still have not seen bringing in an extra linemen to help block. The offense seems to be waiting for the athletes to make a big play. They do not have the mind set to run the ball 80% of the time on a drive. The not being able to run the ball forces the defense to know they will pass the ball. As well as never getting under the center. Giving the defense a little more time to know it is a run. Another thing about the Buckeyes is getting the players from warmer weather states use to playing in colder weather. Which could be some rain at this game also.

Purdue has a great offensive mind at head coach. This game is hugh for them. To knock off the Buckeyes and end the season getting into a better Bowl Game.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Ill never understand the 3rd and 1, 4th and 1 and run a shotgun delayed handoff. Just telegraph it and give the defense all day to get there. Get under center and get it to the back on a quick hitter or sneak it with that big QB.. Minn. threw the slant for yardage all day long - why do we never run it? Why can we not run the easy quick hitters for yardage like every other offense does against us?
The defense is in shambles - its horrid.... its like Bosa went down and the defense has collapsed.
I don’t know what the answer is at this late in the season..... have get their heads out of their rear ended!

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

agree the loss of Bosa hurts in more ways then one. But good grief its Ohio State. next man up and get hungry. we did it till the 3rd string QB the year we won it. they don't look hungry. just going through the emotions and fortunate for us the breaks in the game have went our way and that's the reason we are still undefeated.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

countywide35 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:28 am agree the loss of Bosa hurts in more ways then one. But good grief its Ohio State. next man up and get hungry. we did it till the 3rd string QB the year we won it. they don't look hungry. just going through the emotions and fortunate for us the breaks in the game have went our way and that's the reason we are still undefeated.
Exactly. The defensive problem I think is more of an effort problem and a scheme problem than a personnel problem.

Man to man isnt working. It is only string our backs downfield to be blocked by WRs and when our pathetic LB's get sucked into fakes or cant get off a block, there is nobody home to make the tackle within 5-10 yards of the LOS.

Even in man to man, they are giving up big plays and losing receivers in the midst. Get out of it. Make the defense use more plays to cover 30-50 yards instead of giving it up in chunks. It increases the turnover percentage and at least makes the defense work for yardage.

Several guys will be back on the defensive side of the ball for the entire game this week. Lets see if adjustments are made.

Get the win this Saturday and then get to a much needed bye week to heal up nagging injuries. Starting the first 8 weeks with 8 games against some good teams isnt easy, but this is OSU. Suck it up lol.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

We don't even have to move to zone as a base defense, but at least put it in the QB's mind that he may not be seeing what he thinks he sees. Anybody that watched the LSU/Georgia game saw how confused Fromm got when LSU dropped into zone on occasion. It makes the QB second guess himself, giving the D-Line more time to get to the QB.

Barber1973
Freshman Team

Post by Barber1973 »

Have yall seen urbans press conferences the man caint stand still he got sum kind of twitch with his face. He definitely needs a med change or i think he is gonna fall out. Watching prince makes me bout fall out. I think the coaches have came 2 a decision just 2 try 2 outscore everybody cause the D aint gonna get any better this year

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

That QB and wideout Purdue has are pretty good but no defense.

OSU 42 - Purdue 21

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"

Return to “College Sports”