MINNESOTA GOLDEN GOPHERS @ THEE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES, WHATCHA THINKIN ???

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

MINNESOTA GOLDEN GOPHERS @ THEE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES, WHATCHA THINKIN ???

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

THEE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES WON BY 23 AGAINST A VERY TALENTED INDIANA HOOSIER TEAM YESTERDAY IN A THRILLING GAME FOR THE VAST MAJORITY OF THE GAME.THE BUCKEYE FANS LOADED UP THE HORSESHOE FOR THE HOMECOMING GAME. AND THEY DID NOT DISAPPOINT. HOW DO YOU SEE THIS ONE PLAYING OUT WITH GOLDIE GOPHER.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
farmer
SEOP

Re: MINNESOTA GOLDEN GOPHERS @ THEE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES, WHATCHA THINKIN ???

Post by farmer »

Minnesota lost to Iowa 48- 31. Gopher Coach Fleck called two trick plays that failed putting them in a hole. They will need more luck on those plays this week. They also need to look and see what Indiana did on offense and if they can take advantage of OSU weaknesses. As well can that put pressure on Haskins and knock him around. He hurt himself going down awkwardly after a pass. Had a limp for the rest of the game. Haskins footwork on passes after that was terrible. OSU needs to come out with some new running plays because of no respect for Haskins running the ball, Instead of waiting and bringing out new plays for the last game of the regular season. If OSU has to play in bad weather their speed and quick moving WR's will not be as effective.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Another "ugly" win for the Buckeyes 56-28. As mentioned, the Gophers are 3-2 and are coming off a 48-31 home loss to Iowa.

Haskins and the receivers will have a big day but the problem areas of back seven defense, running game, and penalties will remain unsolved.

At this point in the season, Ohio State is what you see, a team with a great short passing game and a porous defense. Stop Haskins and you will defeat Ohio State.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

strange I didn't even notice haskins limping as many have pointed out. I know the hoosier qb was having a terrible time getting around on the leg with the brace. and then the big dummies had him run up the middle a couple of times. he could barely get back to the huddle or the sidelines. I never even noticed haskins limping or favoring his leg.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

put away early......do not overlook or let down.......work on the little things that need perfected and take it one game at a time

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Maybe be time for OSU to start playing some zone on defense. The secondary obviously can't handle playing man defense this season as they continue to give up big plays and yardage. I think there was a bit of a Penn State hangover this week. I look for the Buckeyes to put this one away pretty early against the Gophers.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

linebacker and secondary play is average at best right now.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

se-alum wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:21 am Maybe be time for OSU to start playing some zone on defense. The secondary obviously can't handle playing man defense this season as they continue to give up big plays and yardage. I think there was a bit of a Penn State hangover this week. I look for the Buckeyes to put this one away pretty early against the Gophers.
I totally agree. Maybe in a few games they can try to transition back to man to man, but for now they are giving up too many big plays.

Force the LBs to be run stoppers and give up that one extra guy in the box and go to zone.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:46 am linebacker and secondary play is average at best right now.
Its awful.

The front 5 are great. The back end and LB's are terrible. Wade and Fuller are looking much better.

For crying out loud, when are the corners ever going to turn around and play the ball instead of getting nailed for PI?

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:33 am strange I didn't even notice haskins limping as many have pointed out. I know the hoosier qb was having a terrible time getting around on the leg with the brace. and then the big dummies had him run up the middle a couple of times. he could barely get back to the huddle or the sidelines. I never even noticed haskins limping or favoring his leg.
It happened on third down and he limped over to the sidelines during the fourth quarter. He didn't limp when he tried to run the ball after that. But you could see it with his poor foot work while passing. Not putting his left foot in front and stretching out to throw the ball. Keeping his feet and should square not pointing in the direction he wanted to throw the ball. Between plays you could see a limp. Which if his knee is not 100% would be a good game to have Martel start and play. This is a good week to do that. As well as work on the running game.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Minnesota is a top 15 defense yardage wise. They've given up some points, but that's mostly because they are one of the worst offenses in college football.

Buckeye2018
Waterboy

Post by Buckeye2018 »

Buckeyes roll 63-10

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

farmer wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:53 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:33 am strange I didn't even notice haskins limping as many have pointed out. I know the hoosier qb was having a terrible time getting around on the leg with the brace. and then the big dummies had him run up the middle a couple of times. he could barely get back to the huddle or the sidelines. I never even noticed haskins limping or favoring his leg.
It happened on third down and he limped over to the sidelines during the fourth quarter. He didn't limp when he tried to run the ball after that. But you could see it with his poor foot work while passing. Not putting his left foot in front and stretching out to throw the ball. Keeping his feet and should square not pointing in the direction he wanted to throw the ball. Between plays you could see a limp. Which if his knee is not 100% would be a good game to have Martel start and play. This is a good week to do that. As well as work on the running game.
STRANGE FARMER, I'M ALWAYS looking for stuff like that. as I watch a game very intently. I didn't even notice it, me or the lovely mrs. bait didn't even notice that. like you I hope he is full weight bearing now. but tater martell is a more than capable backup. but does not need to run quite as much. we have one of the better backfields in the country for that.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

The announcers didn't notice it as the were talking about it being fourth down. They didn't show the replay. Haskins was twisted around as the tackler spun him around as his left leg was bent at the knee is a weird angle. He may not have hurt it bad but it sure caused a strain. Taking a short time to get over it. As well as Haskins having that in his mind what happened. As I mentioned his footwork after that while passing the ball was way off. His strength allowed him to overcome his bad footwork. So he wouldn't put to much pressure on his left leg. I could see him not wanting Indiana to see him hurting As the Indiana QB was limping.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Minnesota has had trouble protecting the QB. So this week they are starting a freshmen tackle doing away with his redshirt year. Daniel Faalele from Melbourne Australia who played at IMG Academy last year. He is a smaller than most at 6'9 400 pounds. Sure will be tested by OSU. Just a little feller.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

farmer wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:17 pm Minnesota has had trouble protecting the QB. So this week they are starting a freshmen tackle doing away with his redshirt year. Daniel Faalele from Melbourne Australia who played at IMG Academy last year. He is a smaller than most at 6'9 400 pounds. Sure will be tested by OSU. Just a little feller.
If I am correct I believe the QB from Minnesota is also a freshman from the IMG Academy who was a teammate of this little fellar in high school. Hard to think a 400lb offensive lineman can keep up with the speed of OSU defense for 4qrters of football......I read this little guy has only played American football for a few years. Saturday will be his first ever start. I would like to think Schianno will have a package to create all sorts of trouble for this little fellars first ever start.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

farmer wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:17 pm Minnesota has had trouble protecting the QB. So this week they are starting a freshmen tackle doing away with his redshirt year. Daniel Faalele from Melbourne Australia who played at IMG Academy last year. He is a smaller than most at 6'9 400 pounds. Sure will be tested by OSU. Just a little feller.
oh my garsh. did they get this dude from the jack links jerky commercials, is he really hairy farmer ???? I think I may know who it is. also the reigning world's hide n seek holder. nobody can find him to give him his trophy.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:34 am
oh my garsh. did they get this dude from the jack links jerky commercials, is he really hairy farmer ???? I think I may know who it is. also the reigning world's hide n seek holder. nobody can find him to give him his trophy.
Looks much like Hylta Nota now with the Detriot Lions. Big strong and really does not look overweight. He is a clean cut kid not hairy. I know what you are thinking Bait. You are trying to think if one of your relatives have been to Australia. Then some kind of mutation made their son grow to 6'9. But not being overly hairy kind of knocks that off of being a relative. I hope this kid does well in the game.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

funny thing farmer that makes me think of something that happened to me in the dead of the winter in 83 at Armco steel. it was like minus 23 that night, and you could see every breath. one of them nights that freezes yer nose hair together. we were working outside and I had a beard bout 1/3 of the way down my chest and longer hair. I was working construction and was bundled up in carhartt layers. this big ole burley redhead with a beard and long hair was a pipe fittin foreman everytime he passed me every day he would just stop and glare at me. after several days of this, me being 23 and dumb enough to confront him. I said what in the sam hill (er something similar to that) is your problem pal. he was maybe 55 at the time, big ole feller from Pikeville, ky. and he said where are you from boy. I popped off and said IRONTON, and he said that's exactly what I thought. I'm like say what. he said I was at the T - N - H in ironton one night and spent the night with a buffalo. I was wondering if you were my son. I like to died laughing. you could hear people laughing everywhere.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:17 am funny thing farmer that makes me think of something that happened to me in the dead of the winter in 83 at Armco steel. it was like minus 23 that night, and you could see every breath. one of them nights that freezes yer nose hair together. we were working outside and I had a beard bout 1/3 of the way down my chest and longer hair. I was working construction and was bundled up in carhartt layers. this big ole burley redhead with a beard and long hair was a pipe fittin foreman everytime he passed me every day he would just stop and glare at me. after several days of this, me being 23 and dumb enough to confront him. I said what in the sam hill (er something similar to that) is your problem pal. he was maybe 55 at the time, big ole feller from Pikeville, ky. and he said where are you from boy. I popped off and said IRONTON, and he said that's exactly what I thought. I'm like say what. he said I was at the T - N - H in ironton one night and spent the night with a buffalo. I was wondering if you were my son. I like to died laughing. you could hear people laughing everywhere.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: good story

Return to “College Sports”