INDIANA HOOSIERS @ THEE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES. WHAT SAY YA'LL HERE.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: INDIANA HOOSIERS @ THEE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES. WHAT SAY YA'LL HERE.

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

we are definitely lacking in the linebacker recruiting. I hope we have a bumper crop coming up. may have to drop some defensive lineman back to supplement since our def. line is so deep. even with the absence of bosa. number 2 could definitely drop back as a backer.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

chris wright I think his name is

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:38 am we are definitely lacking in the linebacker recruiting. I hope we have a bumper crop coming up. may have to drop some defensive lineman back to supplement since our def. line is so deep. even with the absence of bosa. number 2 could definitely drop back as a backer.
The debacle at LB is due to the leaving of Fickell and the addition of Bill Davis, the LB coach. I hope Urban gets rid of him after this season. Its tOSU......it should not be hard to find a much better LB coach and develop what we are recruiting.

Honestly the LB's have been bad since the 2014 NC team. Josh Perry is the last LB that really performed.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Bleeding Red wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:55 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:38 am we are definitely lacking in the linebacker recruiting. I hope we have a bumper crop coming up. may have to drop some defensive lineman back to supplement since our def. line is so deep. even with the absence of bosa. number 2 could definitely drop back as a backer.
The debacle at LB is due to the leaving of Fickell and the addition of Bill Davis, the LB coach. I hope Urban gets rid of him after this season. Its tOSU......it should not be hard to find a much better LB coach and develop what we are recruiting.

Honestly the LB's have been bad since the 2014 NC team. Josh Perry is the last LB that really performed.
Lee, McMillan, and Baker all performed well for OSU. However, I agree that LB's as a group, haven't played as well as they should be this season and last.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:39 am chris wright I think his name is
Your thinking of Chase Young, and I agree he could drop back

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Ga Tech ran for over 500 yds last night vs Louisville...554 total I think......

Would like to the Buckeyes get 250 rushing yds against the Hoosiers

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

LET'S GO BUCKEYES BEAT THEM HOOSIERS.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

cbolt wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:46 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:39 am chris wright I think his name is
Your thinking of Chase Young, and I agree he could drop back
brain fart bolt, yeah, that's him. big cat, quick as a hiccup

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Texas is pummeling boomer sooner....

45-24 start of 4th

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

OSU DB’s are terribly LOST.......... Indiana leads 17-14.
Haskins with three runs for whatever reason and a thrown pick that lead to Indiana’s last TD.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Ain't no way they're #3 with that defense this year. Indiana, really. State might end up beating them by 30 but no way #3 right now. $$$$$$$$$ for the bowl series is all it is.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

I didn't get to watch the first half (might be better that way). But from the look of the score, I'd guess the defense is not playing well. Haskins seems to be having another good game, I know he has the one interception, but he only has 3 total incomplete passes!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:01 pm I didn't get to watch the first half (might be better that way). But from the look of the score, I'd guess the defense is not playing well. Haskins seems to be having another good game, I know he has the one interception, but he only has 3 total incomplete passes!
Indiana in the first half just beating our DB’s who were lost.

Barber1973
Freshman Team

Post by Barber1973 »

Fer the life of me i dont no how in the heck our dbs look so lost. Ma b the worse secondary. Also our o line is not looking up 2 par as far as run blocking is concerned

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

When Haskins is not a threat to run it helps the defense. Haskins is lucky to be able to finish the game the way he slid on both knees. If an Indiana player would have hit him square he could have been out the rest of the year. Even on some other runs he could not go down in a safe manner. Which he did get hurt on a sack. Was limping a little at the end of the game

As I said about last week OSU needs to go unbalanced line to help get the running game going. Giving the line a better chance to block. Especially at the end of the game when Indiana just didn't care if he ran the ball. Defense for OSU well to much to complain about. Maybe there are some players on offense that could help out on defense.

Hopefully Urban getting hit in the head does not cause him health problems like he had before

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

49-26 State. Glad I missed the live broadcast and could ff on the DVR

First off, Indiana played well and deserves some credit for causing some of OSU's problems.

That said, it appears the Buckeyes are going to live or die relying on Haskins' arm. He was 33 out of 44 for 455 yards, six touchdowns, with two interceptions. The rush game added a mere 154 yards out of OSU's 609 total.

A 23 point win with mega yardage should be something to celebrate but I saw no improvement in the areas that needed improvement: defensive back seven, penalties, and the running game. It is time to accept the fact that OSU is a flawed team despite supposedly elite coaching and talent. Still they are 6-0 and in the hunt for a BIG10(14) championship and a possible CFP slot.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I KEPT TELLING EVERYBODY INDIANA HAS PLAYED OHIO STATE TOUGH RECENTLY. THEY HAVE A FIERY COACH AND ARE 4-1 FOR A REASON.

again our secondary looked very average at best as others have stated. tuf Borland played a great game. but overall lb play and secondary are our weakest links. we missed a lot of tackles as well again. but hey overall I am satisfied, haskins had a killer game, and our running game showed some improvement. we are going to get everybody's best shot. and Indiana has a fine team. we just keep on keeping on, a lot of teams got upset yesterday and a few top 10 teams. I'm just thrilled the bucks we not one of them. urban is killing me watching him ready to hurl and the bucks don't respond well when they see him in that posture. tom allen from Indiana, he's a live wire, very emotional and almost always smiling. he looks like a man that thestage is not to big for, and thrilled to have his shot, and wants to remember every second of it.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I think the defense played much better after halftime. It was the same story last week, come out sluggish then stiffen up. They need to put it together the whole game and come out like their hair is on fire when they play better teams or it will be too late. Like bait said Indiana has given them problems before, were 4-1 coming in and the Bucks still beat them by a comfortable margin.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

true that bolt, it was much better in the second half.

Return to “College Sports”