Ohio State places Urban Meyer on paid administrative leave

fbnut
SEOP

Re: Ohio State places Urban Meyer on paid administrative leave

Post by fbnut »

dazed&confused wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:06 pm I travel extensively. Everywhere I go, it's obvious Ohio State is hated nationally. College football is all about recruiting. Blood is in the water and competing programs will have a field day with all this regardless of the outcome but especially if Urban survives.
It’s “The Ohio State” whoever the head coach is he will get the recruits

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

dazed&confused wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:03 pm .......so Gene Smith gets fired? Someone else besides Zach Smith has to go.
Why is that. He was fired when he broke the law. There were no charges filed in 2015. As far as I know urban or the AD didn’t see any texts or photos in 2015. It was his word vs her word and the police investigated and know charges were filed.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Wonder what name some jokers will come up with for Ohio State after all this? Penn State got a ridiculous ugly one that I seen some use on here. The way I look at it, it's not the whole Schools fault when trouble arises.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

JTEK wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:18 pm
cbolt wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:13 pm If that's true it should clear Meyer.
Unless your going to fire him for not telling the truth at big10 media day. If we’re firing people for that every politician will be out of work :lol:
Yep I might have jumped the gun a little, that might get him fired yet! Time will tell

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Like I said the question here is really going to come down to Did urban do enough. It really isn’t going to matter if this guy abused his wife. It isn’t going to matter if she showed up to practices drunk.

The question is as a guy that we are trusting are son or daughter with. Is being exposed to either a person who may of committed domestic violence against his wife more then once. Even if he reported every incident or rumor he heard. If all he did was said I heard this and went back and never followed up is that enough. Did he meet the level necessary to protect the young men from this guy.

Or if the flip side if true if this drink abusive woman was showing up at practice what did he do to insulate the players from that behavior and did he do enough.

That and the other thing that may get urban are things way beyond his control. But there are rabid fans in Columbus did they look the other way as police officers or child advocacy people.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I think that in the end, Gene is fired. Rightfully since it looks like Urban followed protocal.

It's a long time coming since he crucified Tressel after Tress received confidential info from an ongoing FBI case (against the tatoo shop owner for drug trafficking) and was told to not speak of it. Then Gene made Tress fall on the sword.

Gene needs to go. You'll see later that both Zach and Courtney Smith are both nuts and the importance of their case will diminish.

Nobody cares about Zach or Courtney Smith.

Regardless of being a fan or hater, everyone cares about what is going on at tOSU.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

I think OSU jump the gun !

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Geronimo wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:26 pm I think OSU jump the gun !
I think they were playing catch up in the CYA game!!

AT THE RESERVATION
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Meyer will stay. Maybe a quick suspension. It still stinks and will for a long time. Everywhere he goes, Meyer will have to answer for all this

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

He just needs to say "that question has nothing to do with todays game or this coming weeks practice."

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

With Meyer now saying that he reported the said incident to his superiors, why isn't his superior, AD Gene Smith, on paid administrative leave as well?

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Mister Bee wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:31 pm With Meyer now saying that he reported the said incident to his superiors, why isn't his superior, AD Gene Smith, on paid administrative leave as well?
That is a good question. Geno seems to walk away from dirty situations without even a little dirt under his fingernails.

I said that he needs to go during the Tres situation and still feel that way.

SportsRule
Freshman Team

Post by SportsRule »

I foresee a resignation coming.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

I was looking forward to a great season. Now I dread the latest from TMZ

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

I think the longer this process/investigation plays out, the focus goes away from Coach Meyer and up the food chain. I am oving away from Meyer being let go to the AD getting the axe.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

I'd say it will come down to boosters. Follow the money!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/forum/oh ... ss-parents

Even Courtney Smith's own mother is against her in her false allegations.

I told you guys that this was ALL about money and that she was a gold digging trouble maker that continued crying wolf.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

I read about this. We'll have to wait and see what comes out of all this. Probably still more to it after the investigators are done. Are they close to being done yet?

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:09 am I read about this. We'll have to wait and see what comes out of all this. Probably still more to it after the investigators are done. Are they close to being done yet?
They initially said the investigation would be wrapped up in 14 days, so essentially they have another week or so left. I would be surprised if they didnt get it wrapped up early next week. Even with a very efficient coaching staff, each day that passes by without UM on the sidelines is huge if he is in fact going to come back.

I think they knew the outcome when they hired this "investigation committee". It was probably more about having time to provide a bulletproof investigation to dot their I's and cross their T's so the media cant come back later on and question their decision making as a university.

I also think that UM understood what kind of character Courtney Smith has and her credibility was shot from day one.

I know that when your own mother goes against you, it aint looking good. This Courtney Smith should be ran out of the state after the dust settles (or before is ok as well).

Return to “College Sports”