The Joey Burrow Thread (former SEOPS Player of the Year)

vladimir
All State
Posts: 1013
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:52 am

Re: The Joey Burrow Thread (former SEOPS Player of the Year)

Post by vladimir » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:40 pm

^ You're right, he's a gamer and he wins the big game. At the end of the day, that's what matters most! He's taken down 2, top 10-Nationally Ranked teams (U of Miami Hurricanes and Auburn.) He still has Georgia and Alabama to play, but he gets them at home. Way to Go Jeaux!



teach1coach2
Varsity
Posts: 603
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: The Joey Burrow Thread (former SEOPS Player of the Year)

Post by teach1coach2 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:25 pm

Ohio State could use Burrow right now.

OHHS old timer
All Conference
Posts: 879
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:27 pm
Location: margaritaville

Re: The Joey Burrow Thread (former SEOPS Player of the Year)

Post by OHHS old timer » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:49 pm

LSU up early on ole miss 7-3

Burreaux is 5-5 64 yds an a td pass...late in 1st qtr
Win with humility, lose with grace. Do both with dignity!!

OHHS old timer
All Conference
Posts: 879
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:27 pm
Location: margaritaville

Re: The Joey Burrow Thread (former SEOPS Player of the Year)

Post by OHHS old timer » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:35 pm

Bayou Bengals....

21-3 over Ole Miss.....late 2nd
Win with humility, lose with grace. Do both with dignity!!

FANOSPORTS
SEO
Posts: 2970
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:14 pm
Location: NORTH OF EDEN

Re: The Joey Burrow Thread (former SEOPS Player of the Year)

Post by FANOSPORTS » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:09 am

Jeaux is 17/24, 269 yd, 3td 1:48 of 3rd, LSU 35 - OLE MISS 13
"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"

User avatar
pfloyd
SEOPS HO
Posts: 8142
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:25 pm
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Re: The Joey Burrow Thread (former SEOPS Player of the Year)

Post by pfloyd » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:53 am

In #9 "Geaux" Burrow last night vs Mississippi I saw one of the THE best QB's/field generals in college football - wow ... completing the tough end zone touch passes, adding the run threat to his arsenal ... he's one of those players who won't back down when opposing players get in his face ... as he himself said - he is looking at his QB position for LSU as "his job" ... his classes are all online ... the rest of his time is devoted to "learning" , "developing himself" ... based on his week to week improvement #9 is an outstanding "student" of the game ...

... I totally love having 2 teams to support on Saturday's !!! wish nothing but the best for LSU ... #9JoeBurrow ...
Last edited by pfloyd on Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio
Posts: 19237
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:49 am
Location: Next to a lake somewhere
Contact:

Re: The Joey Burrow Thread (former SEOPS Player of the Year)

Post by Orange and Brown » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:51 am

Back to Back TVC-OHIO champions. 2017 Region 23 Champions!
The Tradition continues
BUCKEYE PRIDE!

FANOSPORTS
SEO
Posts: 2970
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:14 pm
Location: NORTH OF EDEN

Re: The Joey Burrow Thread (former SEOPS Player of the Year)

Post by FANOSPORTS » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:40 pm

They've already beat Miami and Auburn, go to Florida this week and then have Georgia, Miss. St. and Alabama @ home all in a row. The only Big-10 school that has a schedule even close to that in the regular season might be Michigan with Notre Dame, Wisconsin, Mich. State, OSU and PSU. I don't think LSU can run the table but with their defense who knows. Jeaux is doing a magnificent job seeing as how he never got a valid shot up here. I'd really like to see them somehow matched up with OSU in a bowl game . Can you imagine the talk, especially the ESPN crew with that game if it would take place ? The ratings would be astronomical. 8-)
"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"

VetteMan
Varsity
Posts: 679
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:58 pm

Re: The Joey Burrow Thread (former SEOPS Player of the Year)

Post by VetteMan » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:25 pm

FANOSPORTS wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:40 pm
They've already beat Miami and Auburn, go to Florida this week and then have Georgia, Miss. St. and Alabama @ home all in a row. The only Big-10 school that has a schedule even close to that in the regular season might be Michigan with Notre Dame, Wisconsin, Mich. State, OSU and PSU. I don't think LSU can run the table but with their defense who knows. Jeaux is doing a magnificent job seeing as how he never got a valid shot up here. I'd really like to see them somehow matched up with OSU in a bowl game . Can you imagine the talk, especially the ESPN crew with that game if it would take place ? The ratings would be astronomical. 8-)
Agree! If either team gets beat during the regular season, and neither team makes the playoffs, you can only imagine how much the playoff committee would want to match them up in a bowl game. I couldn't root against the Buckeyes, but I would also want Burrow to have a good game. He wouldn't have to watch film on the Buckeye defense, other than a very few freshmen, he's gone against them in practice for what 2 or 3 years. He probably knows the weakness of some of the linebackers and defensive backs as well as the coaches. As accurate at throwing the ball as he is, if he gets pretty good blocking, I think he would have a lot of success against the Bucks.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS
Posts: 5938
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:29 pm
Location: Ontario, OH

Re: The Joey Burrow Thread (former SEOPS Player of the Year)

Post by ohbuckeye2 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:27 am

pfloyd wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:53 am
In #9 "Geaux" Burrow last night vs Mississippi I saw one of the THE best QB's/field generals in college football - wow ... completing the tough end zone touch passes, adding the run threat to his arsenal ... he's one of those players who won't back down when opposing players get in his face ... as he himself said - he is looking at his QB position for LSU as "his job" ... his classes are all online ... the rest of his time is devoted to "learning" , "developing himself" ... based on his week to week improvement #9 is an outstanding "student" of the game ...

... I totally love having 2 teams to support on Saturday's !!! wish nothing but the best for LSU ... #9JoeBurrow ...
I agree, it was great watching him and the Tigers last night.

Raider6309
SEOPS H
Posts: 6511
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:00 pm
Location: Athens

Re: The Joey Burrow Thread (former SEOPS Player of the Year)

Post by Raider6309 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:30 am

Burrow's 388 yards of total offense is 4th most in LSU history for a game

VetteMan
Varsity
Posts: 679
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:58 pm

Re: The Joey Burrow Thread (former SEOPS Player of the Year)

Post by VetteMan » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:29 pm

At one time when he was debating as to what school he was thinking about transferring to, Florida was thought to mayby be in play, as there new coach, Dan Mullen was at one time Urbans offensive cord. at Florida. I'm sure hes very happy that he chose LSU.

vladimir
All State
Posts: 1013
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:52 am

Re: The Joey Burrow Thread (former SEOPS Player of the Year)

Post by vladimir » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:59 pm

I've been saying he's a Heisman candidate all along, then ppl want to point out his passing stats for the first 3-games. Well, two were against top 10 Nationally ranked teams and one of them was at Auburn. Mr. Burrow beat both of them. Then he comes out and lights up Ole Mississippi.


Way to Go Jeaux!!!

se-alum
JV Team
Posts: 346
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:04 pm

Re: The Joey Burrow Thread (former SEOPS Player of the Year)

Post by se-alum » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:16 am

vladimir wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:59 pm
I've been saying he's a Heisman candidate all along, then ppl want to point out his passing stats for the first 3-games. Well, two were against top 10 Nationally ranked teams and one of them was at Auburn. Mr. Burrow beat both of them. Then he comes out and lights up Ole Mississippi.


Way to Go Jeaux!!!
Isn't part of being a Heisman candidate being able to put up numbers against good teams? There's a bunch of QB's that could put up numbers against the Louisiana Lafayette's of the world. Don't get me wrong, i'm a big Joe Burrow fan, just don't think he's there yet. If he can stay on point the rest of this year, he'll start out as a top 5 Heisman candidate next season.

Haskins, in OSU's 2 biggest games, away from OSU, averaged 307yds and completed 60% of his passes with 5TD's and 1int(which hit the receiver right in the hands).

Burrow, against Miami & Auburn, averaged 194.5yds and completed 45% of his passes with 1TD.

Like I said, I think Burrow will get there, but he's not there yet.

shotcallerfromaholer
Waterboy
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:48 pm

Re: QB Joe Burrow leaving Ohio State as graduate transfer

Post by shotcallerfromaholer » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:07 pm

1987chieftains wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 1:52 pm
Too bad... Hate to see this. Hopefully he lands somewhere and can make a huge impact on that program.
I think your wish came true

User avatar
1987chieftains
SEOPS H
Posts: 7168
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:25 pm
Location: IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER

Re: The Joey Burrow Thread (former SEOPS Player of the Year)

Post by 1987chieftains » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:57 am

in a big way.
AT THE RESERVATION

Cowboy22
Waterboy
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu May 10, 2018 7:33 am

Re: The Joey Burrow Thread (former SEOPS Player of the Year)

Post by Cowboy22 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:05 pm

Looks like Joe's going to have another chance to lead his team to Victory. 2 minutes and 20 seconds to go looks like they need about 50 yards for winning field goal.

Cowboy22
Waterboy
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu May 10, 2018 7:33 am

Re: The Joey Burrow Thread (former SEOPS Player of the Year)

Post by Cowboy22 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:09 pm

First interception return for touchdown. I guess he's Human After All. Still has a chance down 8 points minute 45 to go.

Cowboy22
Waterboy
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu May 10, 2018 7:33 am

Re: The Joey Burrow Thread (former SEOPS Player of the Year)

Post by Cowboy22 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:15 pm

Receivers got to catch the ball. It's like he's playing by himself out there.

ArmChairQB
Varsity
Posts: 460
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:11 pm

Re: The Joey Burrow Thread (former SEOPS Player of the Year)

Post by ArmChairQB » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:21 pm

Joe didn’t play well and the line played worse!

Post Reply