YOUR BEST GUESS AT THE FINAL 4 IN BIG TIME COLLEGE FOOTBALL FINALS.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

YOUR BEST GUESS AT THE FINAL 4 IN BIG TIME COLLEGE FOOTBALL FINALS.

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

OHIO STATE IS GOING TO HAVE TO TURN IT UP. AFTER LAYING A BIG OLE BRONTO -- SAURUS EGG AGAINST CLEMSON. THEY ARE GOING TO HAVE TO FLAT TEAR IT UP TO CONVINCE VOTERS TO BE BACK. AND LIKELY UNDEFEATED. BUT I FIGURE BAMA WILL BE BACK AND I HOPE OSU. KINDA HAIN'T SURE AFTER THAT.

WHO DO YOU ALL THINK.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: YOUR BEST GUESS AT THE FINAL 4 IN BIG TIME COLLEGE FOOTBALL FINALS.

Post by Bleeding Red »

Florida State
USC
Bama/LSU winner
OSU/Penn St winner

I think FSU runs through the ACC if they can get past UofL.

USC has possibly the easiest schedule as they would only play Washington in the Pac12 Championship game, if they both get there. Texas will be improved but USC is too athletic and talented for the Longhorns this year.

Bama will lose 1, maybe 2 games this year. They could lose week 1 vs FSU (and vise versa) and both still make it in. I think LSU and Big Ed pull the upset in Bama.

OSU's new looks at LB and their defensive backfield will have important experience by the time they hit Penn State. OSU's D front must play extremely well vs Indiana to open the season and the following game vs OK and help the new D secondary get adjusted.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

yes fsu and usc could very easily be there.
I'm so proud to see penn state back from the darkness. sad to say in ways , but I was friends with joepa. I also have an autographed jersey and picture from him. I was going to have the jersey matted and framed and chose not to.perhaps one day.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:37 pm yes fsu and usc could very easily be there.
I'm so proud to see penn state back from the darkness. sad to say in ways , but I was friends with joepa. I also have an autographed jersey and picture from him. I was going to have the jersey matted and framed and chose not to.perhaps one day.

Folks are sleeping on Penn State this season. The Lions have what may be the best offensive one two punch in college football in McSorley and Barkley. In all honesty, they would have been a better BIG representative in the last years CFP than Ohio State.

A better question might be will the BIG champion get an invite to the College Football Playoff? Both Sparty and the Bucks were shut out 38-0 and 31-0 the last two years. Hardly a sterling recommendation to select a BIG representative in the future.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Omega wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:34 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:37 pm yes fsu and usc could very easily be there.

Folks are sleeping on Penn State this season. The Lions have what may be the best offensive one two punch in college football in McSorley and Barkley. In all honesty, they would have been a better BIG representative in the last years CFP than Ohio State.

A better question might be will the BIG champion get an invite to the College Football Playoff? Both Sparty and the Bucks were shut out 38-0 and 31-0 the last two years. Hardly a sterling recommendation to select a BIG representative in the future.
The Big Ten champ will not get shut out of the final 4 as long as they have one or fewer losses and wins the conference championship game.

OSU might have gotten shut out last year, but dont be so fast to forget they barely snuck in and won it all just a few years ago.

The Big Ten, ACC, SEC and Pac12 have the spots to lose. The Big 12 and their lack of conference championship game (along with poor scheduling) will again get left out if one of their teams goes unbeaten in the regular season and there are 4 1 loss teams from the other big 4 conferences AFTER the conference champ games. JMO.

The only scenario that could happen is OK beat OSU, run the table and then they are definitely in as long as OSU only loses 1 or less games the remainder of the season.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

WELL I HOPE YER RIGHT. NOW ALL WE GOTTA DO IS WIN. ''JUST WIN BABY''. I THINK FOGHORN LEGHORN SAID THAT LINE ER SOMEBODY.

GoBucks1047
JV Team

Post by GoBucks1047 »

Bleeding Red wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:50 pm
Omega wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:34 pm

The Big Ten champ will not get shut out of the final 4 as long as they have one or fewer losses and wins the conference championship game.

OSU might have gotten shut out last year, but dont be so fast to forget they barely snuck in and won it all just a few years ago.

The Big Ten, ACC, SEC and Pac 12 have the spots to lose. The Big 12 and their lack of conference championship game (along with poor scheduling) will again get left out if one of their teams goes unbeaten in the regular season and there are 4 1 loss teams from the other big 4 conferences AFTER the conference champ games. JMO.

The only scenario that could happen is OK beat OSU, run the table and then they are definitely in as long as OSU only loses 1 or less games the remainder of the season.
Big 12 will have a conference championship game starting this year. After playing their round robin schedule, the top 2 teams will rematch for the conference championship in Jerry World (AT&T Stadium) and tiebreakers will be used where needed. Still feel they should've added Cincy and BYU (at least football-only) to make 12 teams and split into 2 divisions, but they're doing what they think is best for the conference and financially, it looks like it'll be paying off for awhile, but on the field/court, I believe they're still at a disadvantage right now.

As for this year, I think the final four will be the winners of Clemson/Florida State/Louisville, Bama/LSU, OSU/Penn State, and USC/Washington (assuming they meet up for the PAC-12 Championship). I think once again, Oklahoma (without Bob Stoops) is the Big 12's only chance at making the playoffs, and they can only afford 1 "high quality" loss and will probably need the ACC or PAC-12 to beat each other out of playoff contention. Still worth keeping an eye out for Okla. State and Texas in the Big 12 race. A Red River Rivalry Rematch in Dallas would certainly be fun to watch.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

USC, Bama, Texas, OSU

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

fsu usc osu louisville with 1 loss maybe or a suprise uga

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Anyone but bammer...please

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us

Return to “College Sports”