BREAKING CFB NEWS: Bob Stoops suddenly retires as Oklahoma football coach after 18 seasons

Valenth
SEOP

BREAKING CFB NEWS: Bob Stoops suddenly retires as Oklahoma football coach after 18 seasons

Post by Valenth »

This is a Shocker!

But something isn't smelling right in the city of Norman.....

Via SB Nation:

Oklahoma head coach Bob Stoops is retiring after 18 seasons. The Oklahoman first reported on Wednesday afternoon, that Stoops will inform his team of his retirement, and that Sooners offensive coordinator Lincoln Riley will take over as the team’s head coach.

The newspaper added that Stoops will remain with the school “in some capacity.” Fox Sports’ Bruce Feldman also confirmed the news.

Stoops, the winningest head coach in Oklahoma history, has led the Sooners to a school-record 18 consecutive bowl berths, along with 10 Big 12 titles. He also holds the longest active streak of any FBS head coach while leading the program to eight or more victories each of the past 17 seasons.

He was previously tied with Iowa’s Kirk Ferentz as the longest tenured coach in college football. Both men began their tenures with the 1999 season

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Re: BREAKING CFB NEWS: Bob Stoops suddenly retires as Oklahoma football coach after 18 seasons

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Very surprised by this, saw it about a half hour ago.

Omega
SEOPS H

Re: BREAKING CFB NEWS: Bob Stoops suddenly retires as Oklahoma football coach after 18 seasons

Post by Omega »

A surprising turn of events. Stoops has 190 wins and one national championship as Sooner head coach since 1999. He seemed to run a fairly clean program with no more than average player behavior problems. I pray that his health is good and that no scandal haunts his closet.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/ear ... 8-seasons/

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Omega wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:59 pm A surprising turn of events. Stoops has 190 wins and one national championship as Sooner head coach since 1999. He seemed to run a fairly clean program with no more than average player behavior problems. I pray that his health is good and that no scandal haunts his closet.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/ear ... 8-seasons/
I believe in a story it said it had nothing to do with Health. I'm worried he might be pulling a Pete Carroll... Maybe seeing the writing on the wall for Oklahoma and a subsequent investigation in the next couple years? who knows...

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I'M SORRY FELLERS I NEVER SAW THIS N STARTED A TOPIC AS WELL.--------------- WHAT'CHA THINK ABOUT THIS IF'N WE WAS LUCKY ENOUGH FER HIM AND OLE URBAN TO STRIKE A DEAL THAT HAS THIS OLE OHIO FELLER COMIN HOME AND JOINING OSU'S STAFF. CAN YOU IMAGINE, URBAN MEYER, KEVIN WILSON AND BOB STOOPS ON THE SAME SIDELINE CHA------------CHING

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

Return to “College Sports”