A thought regarding Ohio States Playoff Hopes

Valenth
SEOP

A thought regarding Ohio States Playoff Hopes

Post by Valenth »

As we all know, Ohio State needs UNC to Beat Clemson and or Florida to Beat Alabama.

But Think on this: WHAT IF Michigan State trounces Iowa? Similar to what they did to Penn State? This will Strengthen Ohio States very very High quality loss and also raise their Strength of Schedule dramatically.

Ohio State would definitely beat out UNC and Stanford for that 4 Spot.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: A thought regarding Ohio States Playoff Hopes

Post by Bleeding Red »

Valenth wrote:As we all know, Ohio State needs UNC to Beat Clemson and or Florida to Beat Alabama.

But Think on this: WHAT IF Michigan State trounces Iowa? Similar to what they did to Penn State? This will Strengthen Ohio States very very High quality loss and also raise their Strength of Schedule dramatically.

Ohio State would definitely beat out UNC and Stanford for that 4 Spot.
I agree. We need Sparty to pounce Iowa. The larger the point margin, the better.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

First things first though, need Clemson or Bama to lose.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I agree chief.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Committee won't put two B1G teams in the playoffs. Let's just be happy with a good bowl game, which the Bucks and their huge traveling fan base will get. Moral of the story: don't lose late in season when you should be smoking teams. See 2014.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

dazed&confused wrote:Committee won't put two B1G teams in the playoffs. Let's just be happy with a good bowl game, which the Bucks and their huge traveling fan base will get. Moral of the story: don't lose late in season when you should be smoking teams. See 2014.
When HALF of the Top 6 teams in CFB are B1G.... The committee WILL NOT PUT a 2 loss SEC Champion Regardless it being Florida (If they beat Alabama) Or Alabama.

UNC played 2 FCS Teams and lost to 3-9 S Carolina.. If they Beat Clemson... the ACC is likely out.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

OSU getting in is possible still. I agree with you Valenth. A 2 loss SEC Champion/Pac 12 Champion will not get in. UNC will not get in even if they beat Clemson. Oklahoma is already in, winner of the Big 10 Championship is in. There are several scenarios where OSU still gets in, but the chance of that happening is slim. But we can always hope.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

1. Clemson
2. Oklahoma
3. Alabama
4. Iowa
5. Michigan State
6. Ohio State

Ohio state will be #5 because 4 and 5 plays the other. If Clemson or Alabama loses. OSU is in

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Scenario #1:
If Alabama Wins, Clemson Loses and Michigan State destroys Iowa.... Ohio State #4

Scenario #2:
Alabama Loses, Clemson Wins and Michigan State pounds Iowa.... Ohio State #4.

Scenario #3:
Alabama and Clemson both lose, and Michigan State crushes Iowa.... Ohio State #3 then UNC #4

Scenario #4:
Alabama wins, Clemson loses and Iowa wins... Ohio State #4.

Scenario #5:
Alabama loses, Clemson wins, Iowa wins.... Ohio State #4

Scenario #6:
Alabama and Clemson lose, Iowa Wins.... Ohio State #3 UNC #4

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

UNC won't come close, with any scenario.

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

I don't see OSU getting in unless Clemson, Alabama, AND Stanford all lose. If Stanford wins and either Clemson or Alabama loses, I believe they will jump OSU. 2 losses against 1 won't matter. If Stanford loses and either Alabama or Clemson lose, OSU might have a shot. MSU blasting Iowa sure would help.

In any event, I don't see Florida or UNC jumping OSU. Will have to wait and see how things unfold.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

MIKE LET'S HOPE ALL THE FOOTBALL PLANETS ARE LINED UP RIGHT SATURDAY.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

mikepike wrote:I don't see OSU getting in unless Clemson, Alabama, AND Stanford all lose. If Stanford wins and either Clemson or Alabama loses, I believe they will jump OSU. 2 losses against 1 won't matter. If Stanford loses and either Alabama or Clemson lose, OSU might have a shot. MSU blasting Iowa sure would help.

In any event, I don't see Florida or UNC jumping OSU. Will have to wait and see how things unfold.

Stanford is out unless they beat USC by 50.

They have 2 losses already and USC could very well pull off the upset. Dont forget they LOST to the same Northwestern team 16-6, that Michigan beat 38-0.

We all know what OSU did to scUM.

Florida can win but they are still out, they would only open another door for OSU. They have looked like crap all year and needed overtime to beat freaking Florida Atlantic AT HOME!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I DO NOT SEE ANY 2 LOSS TEAM GETTING IN. HECK LOOK HOW LONG IT TOOK IOWA TO CRACK THE TOP 4 AND ALL THEY DONE WAS GO UNDEFEATED IN THE BIG TEN.AND THEIR OOC GAMES AS WELL. THEY BEAT EVERYBODY. AND JUST FINALLY GOT IN.

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

The committee will go to great lengths to NOT have 2 teams from one conference. That's why I think Stanford, with an impressive win, would jump OSU.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

A 1 loss Stanford with a PAC 12 championship would absolutely jump the buckeyes but I can't see a 2 loss Stanford jump a 1 loss buckeyes team. It doesn't matter if Clemson and bama both win.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Itll be interesting with the new ranks tonight.

Return to “College Sports”