SEC and Michigan Lead in 2017 NFL Draft Numbers

Omega
SEOPS H

SEC and Michigan Lead in 2017 NFL Draft Numbers

Post by Omega »

The SEC collectively and Michigan individually lead the nation's colleges n the number of players selected in the recent NFL draft. Transitive analysis can be misleading, but is often a strong indicator of the relative strength of conferences and teams:

http://www.cbssports.com/college-footba ... impresses/
Last edited by Omega on Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Re: SEC and Michigan Lead in 2017 NFL Draft Numbers

Post by Chieftain2009 »

I'm 50/50 surprised that Michigan had the most picked. They had a ton of seniors on their team, but, the majority of their players were picked in the later rounds. I think it's safe to say that Ohio State and Alabama had the highest number of quality players picked.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Chieftain2009 wrote:I'm 50/50 surprised that Michigan had the most picked. They had a ton of seniors on their team, but, the majority of their players were picked in the later rounds. I think it's safe to say that Ohio State and Alabama had the highest number of quality players picked.
I think Michigan had 17 starters and 43 total in their senior class, so quantity was in their favor. Still, although they been down by past standards, the Wolverines have attracted good athletes and their recruiting should continue to improve under Harbaugh. They were about a half inch away on a fourth down play from having a shot of making the playoffs last season.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

Omega wrote:
Chieftain2009 wrote:I'm 50/50 surprised that Michigan had the most picked. They had a ton of seniors on their team, but, the majority of their players were picked in the later rounds. I think it's safe to say that Ohio State and Alabama had the highest number of quality players picked.
I think Michigan had 17 starters and 43 total in their senior class, so quantity was in their favor. Still, although they been down by past standards, the Wolverines have attracted good athletes and their recruiting should continue to improve under Harbaugh. They were about a half inch away on a fourth down play from having a shot of making the playoffs last season.

LOL...that's like saying you are 1/2 an inch short of pleasing a woman...at the end of the day you just not good enough either way!!!

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

these two conferences have always been the tops in my book. the big ten n sec

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

Return to “College Sports”