OHIO STATE BUCKEYES VS. ?????????????

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

OHIO STATE BUCKEYES VS. ?????????????

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

HOW BOUT SOME IDEAS ON HOW THIS SHAKES OUT WITH THE CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES COMING UP THIS WEEKEND. AND A LIKELY BOWL OR EVEN PLAYOFF OPPONENT , IF THE PLANETS ARE ALIGNED PROPERLY.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Valenth
SEOP

Re: OHIO STATE BUCKEYES VS. ?????????????

Post by Valenth »

I could see....

ND
FSU
Baylor
Florida (if they lose to Alabama)
Oregon
Ole Miss

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

If we don't get tot he playoffs which im not holding ym breath on just don't see bama and clemson losing. i want them to play notre dame.

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

The best chance Ohio State has to get in is UNC beating Clemson..

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

ND, FSU or UNC are the most likely teams to play I think

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

they all sound good to me. but I'd love to have another shot at bama again.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:they all sound good to me. but I'd love to have another shot at bama again.
If you want to hunt elephants, you have to slay Spartans!

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Stanford in the Rose Bowl
Or
Notre Dame in Fiesta

Those are really the only two options on the table, baring a big upset and a Buckeye playoff birth.

Davis
Waterboy

Post by Davis »

o$u doesnt deserve the playoffs.
if this committee wants to maintain any credibility, then UNC is in the playoff with a win over Clemson. Last year conference champions were the deciding factor in keeping a more deserving TCU team out. osu is not a conference champion. they belong in a dog bowl with another dog like notre dame. the only way they should get in is if alabama loses and even then i have a hard time inserting the buckeye$ into the playoffs.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

OSU in the playoffs, would win the playoffs.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Davis wrote:o$u doesnt deserve the playoffs.
if this committee wants to maintain any credibility, then UNC is in the playoff with a win over Clemson. Last year conference champions were the deciding factor in keeping a more deserving TCU team out. osu is not a conference champion. they belong in a dog bowl with another dog like notre dame. the only way they should get in is if alabama loses and even then i have a hard time inserting the buckeye$ into the playoffs.
I agree at this point, OSU doesn't deserve to get in, even as an OSU fan. But, UNC doesn't deserve to be in the playoff if they beat Clemson. Play 2 FCS teams and loss to a terrible 3-9 team. That's no criteria. The only way OSU gets in is if Bama or Clemson lose which is unlikely.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:Stanford in the Rose Bowl
Or
Notre Dame in Fiesta

Those are really the only two options on the table, baring a big upset and a Buckeye playoff birth.
Appears Rose Bowl hinges if the loser of Iowa/MSU is ranked higher in the final CFP than TOSU. Stanford would be a great game for the Buckeyes. Repeat of the 1971 Rose Bowl, where Jim Plunkett and Stanford dominated previously undefeated OSU 27-17.

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/ ... for_u.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1971_Rose_Bowl

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Davis,
Why does Alabama or Oklahoma deserve to be in the playoffs anymore than Ohio State?
Ohio State lost to 11-1 top 5 Michigan State on a game ending FG while Alabama lost to a much lower ranked 3 LOSS Ole Miss team and Oklahoma lost to a terrible Texas team.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

smurray wrote:Davis,
Why does Alabama or Oklahoma deserve to be in the playoffs anymore than Ohio State?
Ohio State lost to 11-1 top 5 Michigan State on a game ending FG while Alabama lost to a much lower ranked 3 LOSS Ole Miss team and Oklahoma lost to a terrible Texas team.
Bama has a chance to be a one loss conference winner. Although I do not think they will win the NC IF they get in, they control their own destiny.

Oklahoma, right now, is probably one of the top 2 teams in the country. They did lose against Texas, but they remind me so much of last years OSU team that had a previous, and early loss to VT. Oklahoma is coming on strong in November. Stoops normally finds a way to lose big games so its a blessing they dont have a conference championship.

One can argue that Bama's loss is worse than OSU's loss but Bama has a chance to win the SEC and that will and should get them in. Dont get me wrong, I will be pulling for Florida to pull off the upset and cancel the SEC out of the top 4 altogether.

Crazier things have happened. UNC could definitely beat Clemson if they play a perfect game. That would knock Clemson out and I dont think UNC would jump into the top 4 if the win the ACC.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

dazed&confused wrote:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:they all sound good to me. but I'd love to have another shot at bama again.
If you want to hunt elephants, you have to slay Spartans!
OH NOW YOU'RE JUST SHOWING OFF. BUT YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

There are two factors we Buckeye fans are overlooking. First, our loss to Sparty was ugly. Despite the 3 point margin of loss, Ohio State was dominated. The committee knows this. Second, Ohio State has no chance to improve upon their resume by beating a ranked opponent in a conference championship game. One victory over a 19th ranked Michigan team will not impress the committee. A one loss
UNC or two loss Stanford and Florida will have better claim on quality wins and thus a spot in the playoffs if they facilitate chaos.

Ohio State had their chance to play into the playoffs but failed against MSU. Ohio State is a great team that will get a good bowl game, I just hope TOSU brass and fans do not go all "Baylor" in the media when they do not get a bid.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... yoff-fates

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

smurray wrote:Davis,
what my buddy smurray said.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I just can't believe still we lost to sparty. but hey they are 11-1 for a reason. and I knew we were sputtering. then we come back and blast Michigan. one game too late.================ but we still have games Saturday that we know nothing about how the results may go.
so let's see what happens when the bushes are shook out.

''SHAKIN THE BUSHES BOSS''. SEE WHO IS THE 1ST THAT KNOWS WHAT MOVIE THAT'S A REFERENCE TO.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:I just can't believe still we lost to sparty. but hey they are 11-1 for a reason. and I knew we were sputtering. then we come back and blast Michigan. one game too late.================ but we still have games Saturday that we know nothing about how the results may go.

''SHAKIN THE BUSHES BOSS''. SEE WHO IS THE 1ST THAT KNOWS WHAT MOVIE THAT'S A REFERENCE TO.
A better thing to ponder is how did Ohio State win the NC last year? The Bucks were not really dominate last year until the CCG, then magic happened. What caused that magic?

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Omega wrote:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:I just can't believe still we lost to sparty. but hey they are 11-1 for a reason. and I knew we were sputtering. then we come back and blast Michigan. one game too late.================ but we still have games Saturday that we know nothing about how the results may go.

A better thing to ponder is how did Ohio State win the NC last year? The Bucks were not really dominate last year until the CCG, then magic happened. What caused that magic?
Confidence!

Return to “College Sports”