Valenth's B1G Early Call Football 2017-18 Predictions

Valenth
SEOP

Valenth's B1G Early Call Football 2017-18 Predictions

Post by Valenth »

Well, I have returned from a Hiatus from the forums to take some time off. As well as to prepare for the upcoming Football Season! I have my Early Call list for the B1G divisions.

B1G WEST

1. Nebraska
2. Wisconsin
3. Iowa
4. Minnesota
5. Northwestern
6. Illinois
7. Purdue

B1G EAST

1. Ohio State
2. Michigan
3. Penn State
4. Michigan State
5. Indiana
6. Maryland
7. Rutgers

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Valenth's B1G Early Call Football 2017-18 Predictions

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

who'm I to argue that.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Bob Bolshavic
Freshman Team

Post by Bob Bolshavic »

Looks pretty good except I would flip flop PSU over TTUN. PSU is loaded for bear! They could be even better than Bucks with all they have back, but I give OSU the coaching edge.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Bob Bolshavic wrote:Looks pretty good except I would flip flop PSU over TTUN. PSU is loaded for bear! They could be even better than Bucks with all they have back, but I give OSU the coaching edge.
You Nailed why I Put Ohio State ahead of Penn State... With a new and very strategic Offensive coordinator... I give the thumbs up to the Buckeyes...

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

I like it, only thing I would change is putting the Nittany Lions over the Wolverines.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Minnesota, with its red hot coaching hire, could be a huge surprise in the west division.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I know's it's just great chattin bout football, and seein ole valenth back.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

As mentioned up thread, Penn State is loaded for bear, and the defending BIG champs have to be considered as favorites to repeat with Barkely and McSorely returning. New coaches and new emphasis on the passing game will not help the Buckeyes unless the O-Line improves.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Omega wrote:As mentioned up thread, Penn State is loaded for bear, and the defending BIG champs have to be considered as favorites to repeat with Barkely and McSorely returning. New coaches and new emphasis on the passing game will not help the Buckeyes unless the O-Line improves.
Saquon Barkley will be a best this year, however I am not sold on McSorley. The drop back and chuck it in the air only works for so long.

Barkley will bust his big run in almost every game this year. OSU has success of limiting very good backs and making the QB beat them over the past 5 years.

I think Penn State romps scUM this season and I think OSU gets its payback on the Nittany Lions.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Bleeding Red wrote:Minnesota, with its red hot coaching hire, could be a huge surprise in the west division.
You have a good point and its very possible. But, I'm giving him a year to really ramp it up. I don't think he will make a huge jump up like Tom Herman did with Houston in his first year.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

I look for Penn State to be the Big champs again. Fine tuned offense but they're defense will get them there. Franklin will have them more than ready when they come to Columbus.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Valenth wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:Minnesota, with its red hot coaching hire, could be a huge surprise in the west division.
You have a good point and its very possible. But, I'm giving him a year to really ramp it up. I don't think he will make a huge jump up like Tom Herman did with Houston in his first year.
I think this is what PJ Fleck has been waiting for since he arrived at Western Michigan.

Minnesota beat a very good Washington State team to finish the season during the mayhem of scandals in a game they almost didnt play. Several key starters dismissed from the team before they went bowling.

They have quite a bit of talent and a coach that has a hunger in his belly for success at a bigger level. They could really be a force in their division this year.

I would agree that Nebraska, Iowa and Wisconsin are the favorites to emerge as the West division champs, but I honestly think the road is paved for Minnesota to take them all out.

Then again they might get blow out every game lol. You never know with college sports, or sports in general.

Return to “College Sports”