OSU BUCKEYE SPRING FOOTBALL GAME TODAY, WHO IMPRESSED YOU.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

OSU BUCKEYE SPRING FOOTBALL GAME TODAY, WHO IMPRESSED YOU.

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

IT'S 7:34 AM HOW'S ABOUT SOME THOUGHTS AFTER THE GAME TODAY ON WHO/WHAT IMPRESSED YOU ABOUT THE SPRING GAME. IT'S A 12:30 BIG TEN NETWORK.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: OSU BUCKEYE SPRING FOOTBALL GAME TODAY, WHO IMPRESSED YOU.

AND GO BUCKS

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Joe looks great

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Joe looked pretty good. Made a couple mistakes but didn't turn the ball over.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I've only seen the 1st quarter so far. gonna watch the rest later after church. but I did not care for the no tackling format.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Joey Burrow looked really good to me. Not perfect but this early, he was good.
Johnnie Dixon looks like he is going to be a big factor this season.
A.J. Alexander was big time.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Me, my wife and daughter went up for game.. so this is my take from what I saw live.. if there had been good coverage.. Burrow would of not of had a great game .. but he definetly looked best of 3 qb's.. number 20 is going to be a good back.. too early to tell anything else but a ton of blown coverage on defense

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:I've only seen the 1st quarter so far. gonna watch the rest later after church. but I did not care for the no tackling format.
I agree I didn't like that either.I know it's about injuries, but it just didn't seem like football.I thought all the QB'S looked pretty good, but hard to tell how good with the half azz defense.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

my junior baits were up here yesterday, and I didn't get to watch the rest. too much pool being played at the baitcave. and we all went to the lake white club for an easter buffett. I felt like a tick when I left. hopefully watch the rest this week.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Both Burrow and Haskins looked very good. Both throw the ball better than Barrett. Haskins probably has the upper hand on running, Burrow the upper hand on knowing the offense.

McCall looked great. He will be the Curtis Samuel this year. Paris Campbell looked very good as well as Dixon. Victor could be the deep ball threat at 6'4 and a crazy wingspan. Too many dropped balls though.

The WR, QB and RB positions are STACKED this year. It will be fun to see the power of Mike Weber and the speed of McCall and Campbell. The big question mark will be the O line and how well they play together. Its no secret they really struggled last year compared to what we are used to seeing.

Defensively, they will look much like last year. Tons of speed and athleticism. Also a lot of youth. I think Schiano will really bring defensive pressure this year considering the defensive front they have as well as the raw talent in the defensive backfield.

The loss of Hooker, McMillan, Conley and Lattimore will hurt, but allow these other guys to shine. Next man up.

I know the expectations are always high at OSU, but with the amount of upper classmen scUM lost, *ichigan State sucking last year, Penn St might be the only game that a focused OSU team has to fight through to win in the regular season.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I am going to make a bold prediction and say that OSU finishes 12-0. Their closest games being Oklahoma (we win by 10) and Penn State (we blow them out for payback the second half).

OSU will play FSU in the first round of the playoffs, win by 10 and beat Bama in the NC game by 7. Bama loses to FSU in their opener but finishes 11-1 to make it in. They beat USC in the first round of the playoffs to face OSU.

As for those butt hats up north, things go back to the tune of 42-14 for the good guys. That seems to be a very common final score the past 5 years lol.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Bleeding Red wrote:I am going to make a bold prediction and say that OSU finishes 12-0. Their closest games being Oklahoma (we win by 10) and Penn State (we blow them out for payback the second half).

OSU will play FSU in the first round of the playoffs, win by 10 and beat Bama in the NC game by 7. Bama loses to FSU in their opener but finishes 11-1 to make it in. They beat USC in the first round of the playoffs to face OSU.

As for those butt hats up north, things go back to the tune of 42-14 for the good guys. That seems to be a very common final score the past 5 years lol.
I appreciate your optimism BR, but I hope the 31-0 butt kicking at the hands of Clemson to end 2016 has not damaged the Buckeye psyche and removed the vale of invincibility from Meyer and the team. Other teams now know OSU is human and beatable.

As to spring game standouts I would say no one simply because of the "two hand touch" like rules for the contest. I would have really been interested in Isaiah Prince and JT Barrett under actual game conditions. The new play calling and emphasis on the deep passing game won't matter if the O-Line cannot give pass protection.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Omega wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:I am going to make a bold prediction and say that OSU finishes 12-0. Their closest games being Oklahoma (we win by 10) and Penn State (we blow them out for payback the second half).

I appreciate your optimism BR, but I hope the 31-0 butt kicking at the hands of Clemson to end 2016 has not damaged the Buckeye psyche and removed the vale of invincibility from Meyer and the team. Other teams now know OSU is human and beatable.

As to spring game standouts I would say no one simply because of the "two hand touch" like rules for the contest. I would have really been interested in Isaiah Prince and JT Barrett under actual game conditions. The new play calling and emphasis on the deep passing game won't matter if the O-Line cannot give pass protection.
I dont look for Prince to remain a starter after fall camp. His feet are slow and he cant pass block.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

I think the "Two Hand Touch" Spring Game was just to ensure that key players stay healthy. We wouldn't want a major piece of our team to be out for 4-6 months or even longer with a major injury..

Return to “College Sports”