Beck/Warriner

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Beck/Warriner

Post by Bleeding Red »

To have ANY chance of beating ttun Urban will have to call the offensive plays.

Beck accomplished nothing at Nebraska and he has done the same at OSU. Warriner is a good O line coach and that's the only responsibility he needs.

This offense was a ticking time bomb all year. Looking good against terrible defenses, not so much against the only good defense OSU faced all year with MSU.

Herman is sorely missed and I cannot believe this offense has struggled so badly with the talent on the field.

1. Don't feed Zeke the ball.
2. No vertical passing threat at all.
3. Offensive line has gotten worse throughout the season. A far cry from the way the line played the last half of last season.
4. Can't help but think the 2 QB debacle didn't do anything but set back this offense instead of developing an offensive identity with one or the other.

Ok....rant over. Hopefully Urban makes the adjustments needed to get back on track and beat ttun.

Valenth
SEOP

Re: Beck/Warriner

Post by Valenth »

I agree. In Yesterdays game it was the JT Barrett show for the second half with the same predictable QB Keeper. After 3 straight 3 and outs, Meyer should have realized "We are not moving the ball" Right in the midst of the 3rd quarter the change should have happened. But it didnt. And thats why the Buckeyes lost. They were outcoached.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

ABSOLUTELY OUTCOACHED.
Sparty has beaten the undefeated Buckeyes two of the last three years when they shouldn't have.

A CHANGE SHOULD HAVE TAKEN PLACE AT HALFTIME BUT IT ONLY GOT WORSE!

I still cannot comprehend what we all witnessed. What was Meyer watching and thinking? In the end it falls on his shoulders.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Mind is blown at the play calling in this game. Dump both of them now, keep Wariner as OLine coach, when that was his only job, he was probably the best in the country at it.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

5 first downs. One deep shot downfield when Braxton was wide open and JT couldn't get the ball anywhere close to him. Not once did they go back to it.....or any other passes more than 5 yds down field.

Not sure I would even let Warriner coach the offensive line. Without Herman, he got exposed this year as well. O line hasn't been anything special this year compared to how they played the second half of last season.

I wouldn't give Beck a job selling hot dogs in the Shoe.

I still can't believe what I witnessed from this staff yesterday. Good for Zeke for stating the obvious issue on offense ALL year.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

They did try one other deep pass that was underthrown and almost picked off,other than that I can't think of any others.Surprised nobody has called on Cardale for a comeback,maybe Eazy E could get the ball more then with Jones not being much of a runner.Joey Galloway has called for Eazy to be benched for ttun,i'd say chances of that are slim to none.Maybe not start him but he will be in there.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

there is never a situation where you are playing the #9th team in the country, and it's 3rd and 2. and ezekial Elliot is not on the field. we go empty backfield, spread the whole field out. zeke is on the sidelines and then you send barrett up the middle. I thought I was gonna lay an ostrich egg.that is unacceptable to me. I mean we were undefeated and the 3rd ranked team in the nation and we do that. none the less playing a huge border rival. the Michigan state game was/is every bit as big as the osu/Michigan rivalry impotance wise. mark dantonio's staff has completely out coached us 2 of the last 3 years. hey I'm as spoiled as any other buckeye fan, but there is no reason to not go full steam ahead in a game like this==or any game for that matter.this was a statement game, and our check is still sittin in the mailbox

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Go see my rant on the OSU- Michigan thread.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Regardless... Buckeyes need to be focused and on the same level.

The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

Tell us Murray what you would have done?

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Just a thought...what if OSU had won by the same score? Would we still be having these rants or would we be looking ahead to winning out and going to the playoffs?

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Dazedandconfused,
Where have you been? We have been complaining about it all year. They had been good enough to win up to this point.
Way too much talent on this team to lose to Michigan State. It caught up to them this time.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

What would I have done about what, a The Inspector?

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

dazed&confused wrote:Just a thought...what if OSU had won by the same score? Would we still be having these rants or would we be looking ahead to winning out and going to the playoffs?
TBH... If Ohio State would have won by a FG... Id be happy. But i'd look back wondering "That playcalling was PATHETIC, but we still won."

Regardless the OC is incompitent IMO...and Meyer needs to stop that garbage now. I would have made some adjustment in the 2nd half of that game. QB Draws 16-17 straight times just will not cut it. The thing that irked me most was that deep pass to a wide open Miller, but was overthrown. They never went back to it. That mismatch in the Michigan State secondary could have been EASILY EXPLOITED...

Return to “College Sports”