OHIO STATE@MICHIGAN====== YOUR THOUGHTS.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

OHIO STATE@MICHIGAN====== YOUR THOUGHTS.

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Hey first off congratulations to the Michigan State Spartans yesterday on a fine effort as they topped #3 and unbeaten Ohio State.It was a nerve wracking affair to watch the whole time. The Spartans came out with a running game that was dragging our defenders for yards after contact.They played awesome defense and special teams, And they earned the victory.

I didn't get Ohio State's offensive game plan at all frankly. We have arguably the best running back in the nation, And let Barrett be our running game. 3rd and 2/3 and we're in an empty backfield, With recievers split out all over and call a qb draw.No threat of a passing game at all just stuff like that. Defensively we held an awesome Sparty offense to a mere 17. The bad news was they only needed 15. Great showing by both squads,Football is awesome in ''Big Ten Country''. And my Buckeyes will rebound and get ready for Michigan. Go Bucks beat Michigan.
Last edited by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT on Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: OHIO SATATE@MICHIGAN====== YOUR THOUGHTS.

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

If Urban fires the sad excuse for an off cord or takes over 100% of the play calling, Ohio State wins by 24 or more.If not Michigan wins by 6.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: OHIO SATATE@MICHIGAN====== YOUR THOUGHTS.

Post by Bleeding Red »

This clown show play calling on offense is awful to watch.

scUM is playing well and OSU is not.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: OHIO STATE@MICHIGAN====== YOUR THOUGHTS.

Post by noreply66 »

Didn't Myers say he called most of the plays?

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

noreply66 wrote:Didn't Myers say he called most of the plays?
He did, but you know he was only saying that, so he would not have to throw the OFF CORD under the bus.

That guy is gone. The sooner the better.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

All Hail Sparty !!!!

I fear TOSU has folded their tents for 2015. Will Elliot even play after his criticism of play calling? Although my heart says otherwise, M*chigan rolls the Bucks 28-0.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

This is a game where records mean nothing. Harbaugh is a Coach who is not afraid to take chances. He plays to win. OSU has played not to lose. This game is all over the place from a close game to 3TD's win for either side. Right now the Team Up North is playing more team ball. Playing at home they should have the advantage. If OSU plays like they did at the end of the year as underdogs and plays to win then it will be different.
Right now UM wins at home. A lot can change this week.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

As crazy as this sounds. I think Meyer will bench Elliott. Its very obvious Elliott's mind is NOT on the team at ALL. But rather on his future in the NFL. And it seems hes not one bit appreciative of everything Buckeye Nation has done to support him. Its sad to see this unfold in this way.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

He sure did,he said on the post game interview,now whether or not he is covering for somebody is another story.I would thought as lousy as this offense has been this year he would have done it before now

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Valenth wrote:As crazy as this sounds. I think Meyer will bench Elliott. Its very obvious Elliott's mind is NOT on the team at ALL. But rather on his future in the NFL. And it seems hes not one bit appreciative of everything Buckeye Nation has done to support him. Its sad to see this unfold in this way.
Maybe all this blathering and embarrassment by the players after the game yesterday was just due to frustration and the shock of losing, something their not used to and they didn't know how to handle it.I still think he meant what he said about leaving because I thought that when he was crying in the pregame, he knew then it was his last game, but maybe by some miracle he and the others will chill out starting today at practice and focus on the task at hand.They don't have long to get over this that's for sure.Too bad they couldn't have played Sparty earlier in the year to get this out of their system.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

cbolt wrote:
Valenth wrote:As crazy as this sounds. I think Meyer will bench Elliott. Its very obvious Elliott's mind is NOT on the team at ALL. But rather on his future in the NFL. And it seems hes not one bit appreciative of everything Buckeye Nation has done to support him. Its sad to see this unfold in this way.
Maybe all this blathering and embarrassment by the players after the game yesterday was just due to frustration and the shock of losing, something they're not used to and they didn't know how to handle it.I still think he meant what he said about leaving because I thought that when he was crying in the pregame, he knew then it was his last game, but maybe by some miracle he and the others will chill out starting today at practice and focus on the task at hand.They don't have long to get over this that's for sure.Too bad they couldn't have played Sparty earlier in the year to get this out of their system.
Last edited by cbolt on Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Elliott with 200 plus yards this coming Saturday

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Elliott just said what we at home have been saying all year. It's ridiculous! I believe Elliott said it has been an issue all year and he has spoke up before now. The line blocks best with the power run scheme and Elliott said they would be successful with that and then all of a sudden go away from it and try to get fancy. It's been taking place all year and for some reason yesterday was BEYOND INSANE! I cannot comprehend the play calling that took place yesterday. NO WAY NO HOW do the Buckeyes lose to Sparty with better play calling. HORRENDOUS!!!!!!!!!

If Meyer was calling the plays I'd be shocked, he is a much better coach than that. If he wasn't calling the plays he should have made it clear what he expected in the second half or even taken over the play calling. For the best RB in the Country to touch the ball twice in the 2nd half is INEXCUSABLE! And one of those runs was a delay. Elliott ran the ball more times than Zeke. And how many plays were ran without Elliott in the game at all. At least with him in the game the defense has to key on him.
One deep ball to a WIDE OPEN Miller is overthrown and they never went back to it - UNREAL!

If the Buckeyes don't make some changes this week the Buckeyes will get smoked in the Big House. Ohio State with the most/best talent in the Big Ten and it's going to waste.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

smurray wrote:Elliott just said what we at home have been saying all year. It's ridiculous! I believe Elliott said it has been an issue all year and he has spoke up before now. The line blocks best with the power run scheme and Elliott said they would be successful with that and then all of a sudden go away from it and try to get fancy. It's been taking place all year and for some reason yesterday was BEYOND INSANE! I cannot comprehend the play calling that took place yesterday. NO WAY NO HOW do the Buckeyes lose to Sparty with better play calling. HORRENDOUS!!!!!!!!!

If Meyer was calling the plays I'd be shocked, he is a much better coach than that. If he wasn't calling the plays he should have made it clear what he expected in the second half or even taken over the play calling. For the best RB in the Country to touch the ball twice in the 2nd half is INEXCUSABLE! And one of those runs was a delay. Elliott ran the ball more times than Zeke. And how many plays were ran without Elliott in the game at all. At least with him in the game the defense has to key on him.
One deep ball to a WIDE OPEN Miller is overthrown and they never went back to it - UNREAL!

If the Buckeyes don't make some changes this week the Buckeyes will get smoked in the Big House. Ohio State with the most/best talent in the Big Ten and it's going to waste.
I agree 100%. At any point Meyer could have cut Beck and Warriner from the play calling. Call a timeout, get the offense JACKED and tell them "I'm calling the plays and we are going to shove it down Spartys throat"!

But he didn't. I don't believe for one second he was calling the plays. Urban will not undermine someone he hand picked for this staff.

Going forward, he will ship Beck out of Columbus, Warriner will be limited to the O line only and Meyer will bring in a high profile OC.

But this is on Meyer. He is the coach. He could have stopped this clown show at any time.

I can hear it now through the headsets:

Beck: We should run JT right.
Warriner: But we just ran JT left.
Beck: He will break one sooner or later and let's face it, we could use a first down. We don't have many of those. What do you think Urban?
Zeke: put me in....lets run those plays we gashed them on in the first quarter.
Beck: Zeke that's too obvious. Stay with me on the bench. What do you think Urban?
Meyer: .........crickets...........
Beck: since Zeke is on the bench on this 3rd and 2, lets run JT up the middle. They'll never see it coming.
Warriner: That didn't work.
Meyer: Punt team! Punt team! Let's go defense! Where is Fickell?
Fickell: I'm over here coach. I'm teaching Joey how to watch the ball and not jump offsides. We should practice form tackling at halftime because MSUs 2nd string QB is running all over us. I don't know what to do. we know they are going to run it but I'm scared to shoot the LBs on a run blitz. We need to be conservative.
Meyer: I'll hold your hand Luke like I did last year.
Fickell: dammit! We can't stop the run and they will be in FG range soon.
Beck: we just got beat on a last second FG. But hey, I sucked at Nebraska so what do you expect. At least I can cash another big check Monday. Thanks Buckeye Nation!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

As far as the game Saturday in AA, if the offense plays like this we get rolled by 14. If Beck is anywhere close to a headset, I fully expect that to happen.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Better straighten alot up right now

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

The Bucks are in trouble this weekend. It was always going to be a battle but I have a bad feeling....

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

The biggest question is where are their heads collectively after Saturday? A bunch of stars with their minds on a big paycheck at the next level or a fired-up, pissed-off squad that wants to take it out on Michigan. Oh by the way, I'm over not calling them Michigan. Time to grow up.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Don't think Woody would agree with ya on calling them Michigan. :lol: :lol: Ole Woody wouldn't want ya to grow up, it's a battle hatred kinda thing. 8-) 8-)

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:
He did, but you know he was only saying that, so he would not have to throw the OFF CORD under the bus.

That guy is gone. The sooner the better.
I'm thinking the same thing LCF.

Return to “College Sports”