Ohio State falls to Michigan State 17-14

Valenth
SEOP

Re: Ohio State falls to Michigan State 17-14

Post by Valenth »

The Inspector wrote:You are good Val! Have fun man!! Dont worry about me :D ..Now if that PADBOY or DUBLIN comes back on here.... :lol:
Oh boy :o I dont want in on that one :lol:

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

How many have you?

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

As of Right now... I got Ohio State in the 5th to 8th range, determining these BIG XII Games. Highly doubtful Ohio State falls lower than 8th.
Remember, stat wise per CFP Committee, Ohio State is the 4th best 1 loss team behind Notre Dame and TCU and Baylor... And I predict TCU getting lit up tonight. Baylor is still a mystery to me.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

I really think this puts the B1G's chances of getting in the playoffs in jeopardy.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

dazed&confused wrote:I really think this puts the B1G's chances of getting in the playoffs in jeopardy.
If Sparty wins out... they will have beaten Oregon, Michigan, Ohio State and Iowa... thats more than enough to get in.

ND just has Stanford and no Conference Championship game.

Clemson will have UNC

Alabama will face a highly overrated Florida team. Alabamas best win is against a 3 loss team.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

dazed&confused wrote:Haters gotta hate. Urban is 48-4 @ tOSU.
Kinda had to see this comming. This was a perfect set up game. Buckeyes are fine, still one of the best teams in the country. We'll be just fine. True fans know this! O H!

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Valenth wrote:
dazed&confused wrote:I really think this puts the B1G's chances of getting in the playoffs in jeopardy.
If Sparty wins out... they will have beaten Oregon, Michigan, Ohio State and Iowa... thats more than enough to get in.

ND just has Stanford and no Conference Championship game.

Clemson will have UNC

Alabama will face a highly overrated Florida team. Alabamas best win is against a 3 loss team.
Iowa is 11-0. The top 4 still isn't out of reach for tosu. Let it play out fellas.....

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Portsmouth West alum Trevon Pendleton gets a td and a victory at the shoe.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

In postgame interviews, Zeke criticizes play calls. But who wouldn't, only feeding ONE OF THE BEST backs in the nation 12 times. Terrible conservative play calling. Congrats to MSU, they were the better coached team tonight. They showed that running up the middle can beat up the Buckeyes. Zeke also said he will for sure not be returning next year.

PantherPride
Varsity

Post by PantherPride »

The Inspector wrote:The weather was hell. Hard to recreate success from one bunch to another. The QB drama doomed them from the beginning. It would have happened earlier if they played better competition. Zeke doing the "feed me" theatrics was a distraction too fed by Buckeye HOMERS. They were given the opportunity last year to play for the chip for ALL the wrong reasons. The "committee" has projected them so far this year as a top 4 club. A true knowledgeable College football fan like myself was aware of these things last year and this year. They caught "lightning" in a bottle last year. Which was tremendous. The Buckeyes have an opportunity next week to get a huge win. Then play in a great Bowl game. Wins wont be easy.
Knowledgeable and humble. You sound like the total package.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

The entire year has had a bad feel. I guess the OC is really being missed but I wonder, after Elliot's outburst, if there isn't more going on behind the scenes. Are there personality issues in the locker room surrounding the QB rotation preventing team cohesion/unity? The bucks have won most games handily but the fire and eye test have been lacking all year. IMO

I'm sure they'll regroup and get on another roll. Gut check!! Michigan will not be a pushover!

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

FIDO wrote:The entire year has had a bad feel. I guess the OC is really being missed but I wonder, after Elliot's outburst, if there isn't more going on behind the scenes. Are there personality issues in the locker room surrounding the QB rotation preventing team cohesion/unity? The bucks have won most games handily but the fire and eye test have been lacking all year. IMO

I'm sure they'll regroup and get on another roll. Gut check!! Michigan will not be a pushover!
Agreed.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Seems like the Buckeyes didn't scout well and didn't go after MS weakness.

Had a lot of high school boys in the stands watching this game. Wonder how many laughed at this game and said "I will not be coming here."

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

This offense looked like the Denver Broncos with QB Manning no threat to throw downfield. MSU took advantage of that. OSU did nothing to change that. All of the QB's on the team and they use the Qb as a running back. Those runs are the same runs as if he was lined up in the RB position. No deception. Just like the empty back field and just run the ball. That is like the wildcat with no threat of passing. Hard to win games played like that against good teams.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

farmer wrote:This offense looked like the Denver Broncos with QB Manning no threat to throw downfield. MSU took advantage of that. OSU did nothing to change that. All of the QB's on the team and they use the Qb as a running back. Those runs are the same runs as if he was lined up in the RB position. No deception. Just like the empty back field and just run the ball. That is like the wildcat with no threat of passing. Hard to win games played like that against good teams.
Couldnt agree more.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

And to think we were more worried about ttun :lol: Guess we learned a lesson to never underestimate Mark Dantonio again,the guy can flat out coach and has a winning record against Meyer now I think.Elliot was whining about not getting enough carries, problem is the carries he did get he was only getting 2.8 yards a carry so I don't think more carries would have made much difference.Buck offense really only scored one TD as the other was a gift.Meyer felt the weather was too bad to pass the ball much.If you can't pass the ball and your line is getting dominated that's going to equal a loss every time no matter what plays are being called.Meyer might be losing the team a little not only with Elliot and his post game antics but also heard Bosa walked off the field before Carmen Ohio was played after the game.Can only imagine what else might be going on we don't even know about.He is going to earn them big bucks this week trying to get this team back together because next week they will have their hands full again with ttun smelling blood in the water.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Wow Bosa not the only one! This is not good

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/forum/ohi ... ore-carmen

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

cbolt wrote:Wow Bosa not the only one! This is not good

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/forum/ohi ... ore-carmen

Im not surprised. This coaching staff threw these kids under the bus and I honestly dont blame them. Ohio State needs to clean house on coaches on the Offensive side of the ball.

There is something else going on here and sooner or later it will all unwravel and be told. Obviously not a pretty situation in Columbus.

Return to “College Sports”