Ohio State falls to Michigan State 17-14

Valenth
SEOP

Ohio State falls to Michigan State 17-14

Post by Valenth »

Sparty deserved the win... Ohio State looked flat all game long. Congrats to Sparty on the win.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Re: Ohio State falls to Michigan State 17-14

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Unreal, there is no reason they should have Ed Wariner as the OC come Monday morning. Completely unacceptable.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

The play calling was atrocious. I dont understand why adjustment wernt made.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

He has no idea what he is doing. He's an absolute joke.

Bird Dog
All Conference

Post by Bird Dog »

Agree with you all, offense sucks and hope they make changes. There's always next year and if we were Alabama we would move up in the polls with the loss.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Did anybody see the postgame show with Mark May on right after. As soon as they went to that and they were talking about it, he had the biggest grin in the world on his face.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Bucks got punched in the mouth, plain and simple. If it wasn't for turnovers, they'd have been shut out. No excuses. They lost line of scrimmage on both sides all night.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Valenth wrote:The play calling was atrocious. I dont understand why adjustment wernt made.

I think it was obvious that Sparty was better prepared (coached). I really do not think TOUS's play calling made much difference simply because the Buckeye offensive line was getting pushed back from the line of scrimmage. MSU was simply more physical and played Tressel ball perfectly.
As The Inspector (The General?) has stated on other threads, the Bucks simply did not play grown man football.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Omega wrote:
Valenth wrote:The play calling was atrocious. I dont understand why adjustment wernt made.

I think it was obvious that Sparty was better prepared (coached). I really do not think TOUS's play calling made much difference simply because the Buckeye offensive line was getting pushed back from the line of scrimmage. MSU was simply more physical and played Tressel ball perfectly.
As The Inspector (The General?) has stated on other threads, the Bucks simply did not play grown man football.
He'll have a ball with this one.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Well my rankings later on will reflect some changes for sure.

The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

The weather was hell. Hard to recreate success from one bunch to another. The QB drama doomed them from the beginning. It would have happened earlier if they played better competition. Zeke doing the "feed me" theatrics was a distraction too fed by Buckeye HOMERS. They were given the opportunity last year to play for the chip for ALL the wrong reasons. The "committee" has projected them so far this year as a top 4 club. A true knowledgeable College football fan like myself was aware of these things last year and this year. They caught "lightning" in a bottle last year. Which was tremendous. The Buckeyes have an opportunity next week to get a huge win. Then play in a great Bowl game. Wins wont be easy.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Spartans out coach the Buckeyes, who tried running a bad Jr High style type offense and made a average defense look like the old Dallas Cowboys doomsday dominating defense.

Congrats Mich State on the big win.

Yes, it turned out the Buckeyes were really, really overrated.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

The Inspector wrote:The weather was hell. Hard to recreate success from one bunch to another. The QB drama doomed them from the beginning. It would have happened earlier if they played better competition. Zeke doing the "feed me" theatrics was a distraction too fed by Buckeye HOMERS. They were given the opportunity last year to play for the chip for ALL the wrong reasons. The "committee" has projected them so far this year as a top 4 club. A true knowledgeable College football fan like myself was aware of these things last year and this year. They caught "lightning" in a bottle last year. Which was tremendous. The Buckeyes have an opportunity next week to get a huge win. Then play in a great Bowl game. Wins wont be easy.
I agree with some things you say. Ohio State was the bug and Michigan State was the windshield... There is still opportunities on a Good Bowl Game. But theres still some overrated teams. I had Ohio State high on my list till they got beaten. Now I must make my adjustments in the Rankings after tonights games.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Btw... There are numerous knowledgeable CFB Fans on this site ;)

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Haters gotta hate. Urban is 48-4 @ tOSU.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

I havent noticed very many Val... Perception people and stat people...But hardly any who knows anything about football. But a hell of a lot of HOMERS.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

The Inspector wrote:I havent noticed very many Val... Perception people and stat people...But hardly any who knows anything about football. But a hell of a lot of HOMERS.
I am an OSU fan... but I also moved Ohio State down some spots throughout my weekly rankings.

But even teams that won today should fall in Rankings as well. (Alabama playing an FCS School this late in the season, Florida barely beating 2-8 FAU)

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

I try to back my rankings and debates with Facts and Stats.

Bird Dog
All Conference

Post by Bird Dog »

The Inspector wrote:I havent noticed very many Val... Perception people and stat people...But hardly any who knows anything about football. But a hell of a lot of HOMERS.
Congrats it took almost 16 months for your ohio state loss prediction to come true. Wow a true football scholar

The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

You are good Val! Have fun man!! Dont worry about me :D ..Now if that PADBOY or DUBLIN comes back on here.... :lol:

Return to “College Sports”