THE TIDE-Clemson

The Inspector
Varsity Bench

THE TIDE-Clemson

Post by The Inspector » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:12 pm

For the 2nd year in a row we have the nation's 2 Best Teams and programs going at it in the National Championship game as it should be!!....The Rematch!!...THE TIGERS have who they want...They have the game that they want....Last yrs game was A CLASSIC...Exciting and competitive!! With The greatest players and Coaches in America....As hard as Delaney and the Jury Foreman Barry FA fought, they could not prevent what is and should have been :lol: :lol: ....I believe it will be more of a lower scoring ballgame than last yrs CLASSIC...But..No less exciting!!....GO Tigers/ROLL Tide

Chieftain2009
Mr. Ohio

Re: THE TIDE-Clemson

Post by Chieftain2009 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:44 pm

Man, this is gonna be a good game! I think Brett Venables finds a way to shut Bama down, at least the passing game. I hope this game is one where I'm on the edge of my chair like it was last year.
2015 Playoff Football Pick 'em Champion

The Inspector
Varsity Bench

Post by The Inspector » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:46 pm

Chieftain2009 wrote:Man, this is gonna be a good game! I think Brett Venables finds a way to shut Bama down, at least the passing game. I hope this game is one where I'm on the edge of my chair like it was last year.
It is!!!....1 catch between Calvin Ridley and Ardarius Stewart should be a fireable offense..!! Against UW....I think that LK is the most OVERRATED playcaller I have ever seen..beside maybe HOMERs HERO Herman....Of course Nicky is on his ass ALL the time...LK would fire him too!! :lol: ...Sark will do fine because THE TIDE doesnt care about 3rd down....Clemson can win this game. They have the best player in America at the most important position..He missed some balls last week or they woulfd have won won by 50...Has to drop some dimes in the bucket this week....Bama is a different animal than ohio

Chieftain2009
Mr. Ohio

Post by Chieftain2009 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:02 pm

I really think Bama is the best team in the nation, but they definitely are not unbeatable. If anyone can do it, it's Clemson, so many playmakers. Venable is the best D-Coordinator in the country!

The Inspector
Varsity Bench

Post by The Inspector » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:18 pm

Chieftain2009 wrote:I really think Bama is the best team in the nation, but they definitely are not unbeatable. If anyone can do it, it's Clemson, so many playmakers. Venable is the best D-Coordinator in the country!
Coach V is really good!! With CWilkins,CWatkins,and the 2 yound studs Terrell and Dexter L....They can impose their will on anyone...LBs are average...Secondary is OK...Got back some depth....Wayne Galman will not be able to run the football against this bunch...Fuller maybe...Ray-Ray and Artavis Scott on some Jet stuff and DWatson on some other Great run scheme like last last week when they faked quick pitch 1 way and came back the other way with a trade power/Counter Scheme...LOVED IT...QB draw,zone,and scramble...about it....They have to turn MWilliams and DCain loose on some downfield shots...Couple a qtr would be nice...They have to get Jordan Leggette involved wide or as an in-line target(as the Tide does OJ)...Let Renfrow operate inside and out and keep getting him the ball...They FINALLY bought into 1Ball/1TEAM about 5 weeks ago...And Deshaun is going to need them all....The Tigers are kind of weak at Right Tackle and left guard...Have been all year....Not a good thing vs Tim Williams...Or De'Ron Payne..or Dalvin Tomlinson..or Ryan Anderson....or Jonathan....or Reuben F coming on an A Gap Dog

Chieftain2009
Mr. Ohio

Post by Chieftain2009 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:26 pm

A lot of d-lineman at the disposal for Bama. Will be trouble for Clemson's O-Line. If they can get the passing game going, they're tough to beat.

The Inspector
Varsity Bench

Post by The Inspector » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:04 pm

Hoping for all the great players in this game to play-up!!...Like last year!!..What a game...Dont expect that many pts again but who knows? :lol: ...Alabama is really young at certain spots...True Freshman RT...Harris..Bo....and Jalen Hurts turned 18 this past July :) ...Ridley....Of course CJ Fuller for Clemson...and #99 Terell...and Dexter Lawrence who is 19 going on 35!! :lol: ...All 6:3 and 340 lbs...Cant wait....Just hope everyone is healthy and sane!!...unlike Oregon a couple of years ago

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
Mr. Ohio

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:03 am

EVEN THOUGH THE CLEMSON PLAYERS WERE KIND ENOUGH TO PROVIDE FREE RECTAL EXAMS, AND PROCTOLOGY ADVICE TO OHIO STATE PLAYERS DURING THE FIESTA BOWL. THAT BIG OLE CLEMSON PAW MAY BE A BIT BROWN. BUT I'D STILL RATHER SEE THEN WIN THAN BAMA.
IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

The Inspector
Varsity Bench

Post by The Inspector » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:00 am

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:EVEN THOUGH THE CLEMSON PLAYERS WERE KIND ENOUGH TO PROVIDE FREE RECTAL EXAMS, AND PROCTOLOGY ADVICE TO OHIO STATE PLAYERS DURING THE FIESTA BOWL. THAT BIG OLE CLEMSON PAW MAY BE A BIT BROWN. BUT I'D STILL RATHER SEE THEN WIN THAN BAMA.
OH.....TH....THE TIDE is up on Media DAY....ESPNU...Read em and weep!! :lol: :lol:

Omega
Varsity Backup

Post by Omega » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:38 pm

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:EVEN THOUGH THE CLEMSON PLAYERS WERE KIND ENOUGH TO PROVIDE FREE RECTAL EXAMS, AND PROCTOLOGY ADVICE TO OHIO STATE PLAYERS DURING THE FIESTA BOWL. THAT BIG OLE CLEMSON PAW MAY BE A BIT BROWN. BUT I'D STILL RATHER SEE THEN WIN THAN BAMA.
Well YTB, you know annual prostate exams are part of a recommended wellness regimen. That said I think Bama prevails 21-17. Me thinks Clemson may have left too much on the field against Ohio State.
Get Off of My Lawn -- and Yes It is Too Loud !!!!

The Inspector
Varsity Bench

Post by The Inspector » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:54 pm

Omega wrote:
Well YTB, you know annual prostate exams are part of a recommended wellness regimen. That said I think Bama prevails 21-17. Me thinks Clemson may have left too much on the field against Ohio State.
I think Christian Wilkins was trying to help Weber. He was just so uptight from coughing it up so much.I kind of think the score will be down also compared to last year. But then again who knows? :lol: ...I disagree on Clemson and their exertion in the win last week.Actually....It was a breeze. A walk in the park. Bama's Defensive stats are mind-boggling. The allow less than 2.4 yds per carry. They have faced 10 backs this year who have gained over a 1000 yds. These backs averaged 3.2 per carry vs this D...They have faced 5 QBs in the top 20 in QBR in the country...Except for Chad Kelly,the other 4 QBs and the rest of the QBs they faced are averaging 65 pts LOWER against the Tide than what their season number was!! :) ...Unreal....Of course Deshaun isnt any other guy :lol: :lol: .....Clemson is elite on the Defensive side of the ball also when: THEY DONT GIVE UP EXPLOSION PLAYS DOWNFIELD do to lack of discipline and they make sure they rotate enough people in and out....The Tigers,along with BAMA and LSU are the 3 ELITE Defensive teams in America.....Be interesting to see what they try to take away....I know that Bama will play like they always do....2 Half safeties mostly..Some 1 High Man Free ...and some Man-Under the 2 High look....They will be forced to play a lot of nickle just to match up with Jordan Leggett...A matchup Clemson will like unless it is Ronnie Harrison...Tide plays dime also...If they do here comes REUBEN Foster after DW...Clemson is going to blitz a lot IF they have to but if Wilkins,Watkins,Ferrell,and Lawrence can win up front with 4 that will be big....Because if they manning up and bring their Backers they better be disciplined in their rush lanes because JHurts will tuck it and hurt them bad.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
Mr. Ohio

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:12 am

you all are a hoot.
IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

Bleeding Red
Varsity Bench

Post by Bleeding Red » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:55 am

Washington gave Bammer all they wanted up front. Clemson will have their way as they are much faster and more athletic than Bammer at the line. Lyin Lane not being on the Bammer sideline makes a difference and Sarkesian will try to pound the ball after Hurt gets pressured and rattled, leading to him turning the ball over.

Clemson 38
Bammer 24

TRENCHFOOT
Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:47 pm

Go Clemson!

Chieftain2009
Mr. Ohio

Post by Chieftain2009 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:33 am

What a game! Bama couldn't hold Clemson out at the end.

farmer
JV Starter

Post by farmer » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:37 am

Clemson out scored them in the end. Alabama gave up to many plays in the fourth quarter. As a variety of receivers caught passes on the final drive. Good that a walk on caught the winning TD. Glad to see Clemson win.

TRENCHFOOT
Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:39 am

Congrats to Clemson.

Bleeding Red
Varsity Bench

Post by Bleeding Red » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:40 am

Bammers world class defense blew a big lead and couldn't stop Clemson ar the end.

"Bear Bryant is still ahead of us Nicky "

smurray
Varsity Backup

Post by smurray » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:43 am

Bama gave up more to Clemson than Ohio State did, lol.

Chieftain2009
Mr. Ohio

Post by Chieftain2009 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:44 am

Better believe we won't see Inspector on here until next season now :lol:

dazed&confused
Varsity Bench

Post by dazed&confused » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:45 am

Instant classic
Browns fan. Waiting for next year since 1965

TRENCHFOOT
Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:50 am

#10 for Clemson is a defensive bull. One tough kid.

Bleeding Red
Varsity Bench

Post by Bleeding Red » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:57 am

Chieftain2009 wrote:Better believe we won't see Inspector on here until next season now :lol:
I wonder what username he will come up with next year?

TRENCHFOOT
Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:59 am

Bleeding Red wrote:
Chieftain2009 wrote:Better believe we won't see Inspector on here until next season now :lol:
I wonder what username he will come up with next year?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

fbnut
JV Starter

Post by fbnut » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:00 am

Bleeding Red wrote:Bammers world class defense blew a big lead and couldn't stop Clemson ar the end.

I liked Saban marching up and down the sideline after the last score looking for someone to yell out and blame

bighead
Varsity Backup

Post by bighead » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:17 am

Not a fan of BAMA !Good job Clenson!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
Mr. Ohio

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:03 am

Tom Osborne

43 mins ·

i'm going to say this the nicest way i know how. i think nick saban's letting go of then offensive co-ordinator lane kiffin the week before the national championship blew up in his face. he could have waited until after the national championship game to let him go because he had already accepted the head coaching job at florida atlantic.kiffin vowed to stay with alabama throughout the championship game.but that wasn't good enough for saban, and he let him go. you don't do trusted allies that way. it was cold and crass, and kiffin helped them get to be undefeated just the same as saban. and this is my opinion,and i may be wrong. i was one other time. but i think saban had no intentions of getting him a national championship ring if they won anyway. you just don't operate that way. ------------ with that said i was behind clemson all the way after they smoked my buckeyes, and i've always liked clemson anyhow. so congratulations to the clemson tigers for beating alabama for the college football national championship game, in a wild, wonderful game.--- tom osborne.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
Mr. Ohio

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:08 am

bama just blew a head gasket.

Bleeding Red
Varsity Bench

Post by Bleeding Red » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:15 am

fbnut wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:Bammers world class defense blew a big lead and couldn't stop Clemson ar the end.

I liked Saban marching up and down the sideline after the last score looking for someone to yell out and blame
Based on EVERY interview I have seen Saban give and every time I see him on the camera, I can only imagine that he is a miserable person to be around. I would bet that all of his players and coaches are uptight and more or less robots. He has just always came across to me a complete jerk.

I have to admit, I love to hear him mumbling through the interviews completely stymied when they are getting beat or just lost.

Lane Kiffin must have had a bitter sweet feeling last night.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
Mr. Ohio

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:27 am

I'M SURE HE DOES. AS EVERY BUCKEYE FAN DOES AS WELL. AND EVERY BIG TEN FAN FOR THAT MATTER AS WELL RED.

noreply66
SEOP HOF

Post by noreply66 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:45 am

Bleeding Red wrote:
fbnut wrote:

Based on EVERY interview I have seen Saban give and every time I see him on the camera, I can only imagine that he is a miserable person to be around. I would bet that all of his players and coaches are uptight and more or less robots. He has just always came across to me a complete jerk.

I have to admit, I love to hear him mumbling through the interviews completely stymied when they are getting beat or just lost.

Lane Kiffin must have had a bitter sweet feeling last night.
He wasn't well liked at MS either.
GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us

cbolt
2nd Team All State

Post by cbolt » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:46 pm

Kinda like last year's game.Alabama gets a comfortable lead and looks to win easy then Clemson comes charging back late this time finishing the job.Losing Scarbrough really hurt Bamas offense and the 92 yards in penalties didn't help.Probably should have been a penalty on the last play,but glad they didn't call it. The vaunted Tide defense gave up a whopping 511 yards ! Got to love ole Dabo,he like a big teddy bear,and Boulware reminds me of the energizer bunny.

Raider6309
All State

Post by Raider6309 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:08 pm

Tide scored too quick. I'd rather have the ball down 3 than to be up 3 on defense under 2 minutes. Two great teams

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
Mr. Ohio

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:16 pm

at 14-0, I thought the tigers were gonna get declawed and neutered and tossed out in the alley. but they hung tough. the hit to scarbrough was definitely big for bama. but as stated 511 yards of offense on bama in mind numbing.

noreply66
SEOP HOF

Post by noreply66 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:49 pm

Raider6309 wrote:Tide scored too quick. I'd rather have the ball down 3 than to be up 3 on defense under 2 minutes. Two great teams
Poor use of the clock on the bammer coach
GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us