Ryan Day Named TOSU QB Coach

Omega
SEOPS H

Ryan Day Named TOSU QB Coach

Post by Omega »

Ryan Day has been named the new QB coach for Ohio State. The hire strengthens reports that the much maligned Tim Beck is leaving OSU for Tom Herman's staff at Texas. Day last served as QB coach for the 49'ers. It does not seem like a home run hire, but all we can do is wait and see if State's passing game improves this fall.

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/2017/01/ry ... cisco.html

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Re: Ryan Day Named TOSU QB Coach

Post by dazed&confused »

Saw confirmed that Beck is going to Texas. Barrett?

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

dazed&confused wrote:Saw confirmed that Beck is going to Texas. Barrett?
Nothing on Barrett yet.

I am thankful for the wins that he got us with his legs, but deep down I dont see him ever winning a NC, maybe not even a B1G title, while at OSU. The offense is just too one dimensional with his throwing accuracy.

That being said, I sort of hope he jumps on the Beck and Hermann train and heads to Austin.

A QB competition in the off season would not be a bad thing. We have several very good prospects, including Burrows. I am sure one of them can help create a more dynamic offense while still being able to run when needed.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Like to see Burrows with the whole first unit.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
JV Team

Post by 1906 »

yea right

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I don't see Barrett leaving but stranger things have happened. Barrett knows the Buckeyes will be loaded next year and OSU is his best chance for a National Championship. He knows Beck sucks so why follow him to Texas? The O line at OSU will be much improved with Warinner focused on them full time where he needs to be. The O line was the problem and receivers not being able to get open. What kind of routes were they running anyway? It was horrendous!

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I remember the same rumors were going around about Barrett transferring after the Oregon game,my guess is he comes back.He is definitely not pro ready and wouldn't even get drafted.I hope this new QB coach has better luck here then he had at San Fran,those QB's were terrible!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

smurray wrote:I don't see Barrett leaving but stranger things have happened. Barrett knows the Buckeyes will be loaded next year and OSU is his best chance for a National Championship. He knows Beck sucks so why follow him to Texas? The O line at OSU will be much improved with Warinner focused on them full time where he needs to be. The O line was the problem and receivers not being able to get open. What kind of routes were they running anyway? It was horrendous!
I agree. Barrett may already have some type of connection with Ryan Day and may stick around to work with him in the off season and try and improve his passing accuracy.

If this is the case, I think Meyer makes it clear to Burrows and the others that the spot is wide open for next year. As much as Meyer loves 2 QB schemes, we may very well see something along those lines for next year.

Cant see Barrett making a position change. He is definitely not the raw athlete that Braxton and Pryor were.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Its official Barrett is coming back! No surprise here

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

cbolt wrote:Its official Barrett is coming back! No surprise here
CRAP and DOUBLE CRAP. Need a fresh face under center