Players skipping the bowl games

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Players skipping the bowl games

Post by noreply66 »

Teams with good records were getting left out so to stop the complaining they just keep adding bowls.
Only way they get more fans is to make every game a play off and that might not help. Cut the regular season down to 10 games and take a week off and go into a 12 bowl play off. 24 teams to 12 teams to 6 teams and when you get down to 3 teams the two that are ranked the lowest play and the winner takes on the highest ranked for the championship. :lol:

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Well I said this years ago and I still feel this way....I don't need playoffs, BCS and all the other crap. What was wrong with having a mythical National Champ? What was wrong with the B1G - PAC winner going to the Rose Bowl? It no longer is the Grandaddy. I also miss watching the Orange Bowl on New Years night knowing it was the final college game of the season. A little controversy after the bowls was OK by me.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

dazed&confused wrote:Well I said this years ago and I still feel this way....I don't need playoffs, BCS and all the other crap. What was wrong with having a mythical National Champ? What was wrong with the B1G - PAC winner going to the Rose Bowl? It no longer is the Grandaddy. I also miss watching the Orange Bowl on New Years night knowing it was the final college game of the season. A little controversy after the bowls was OK by me.
I do miss the way it used to be, bowl games all day New Year's Day, but I wouldn't trade it for the current format. Wish they would go to 8 teams

The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:
Chieftain2009 wrote:
The Inspector wrote:Most,not all,but Most of the Bowl games have lost some shine and some importance since the implementation of the Playoffs. If and when it goes to 8 teams it will result in less interest and emphasis on the importance of being there and participating. Then when they want a 16 team playoff.....1st of all most college football people know that 40 games is too many and that has also added to the problem.
Don't get me wrong, I love college football!! But this many bowl games is too much. I don't think it lost as much of an interest with playoffs as it did once they surpassed 30 bowl games. 41 or 42 or whatever it is, that's too many.
I agree with the inspector. did I just say that out loud, and I agree with my ole chief buddy as well.
I watched part of Colorado state and Idaho last night. and the joint was empty.
I would never agree with you Bait because then we would both be wrong....But you are seeing the light obviously.

Return to “College Sports”