BAYLOR HIRES TEMPLE'S MATT RHULE AS COACH.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

BAYLOR HIRES TEMPLE'S MATT RHULE AS COACH.

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

HE HAS RAN A VERY SOLID PROGRAM AT TEMPLE IN THE FIGHTING PHILADELPHIA STOMPING GROUNDS.
I THINK THIS WAS A GOOD HIRE AS WELL.

HEARING CHARLIE STRONG AND PJ FLECK ARE THE TOP 2 CANDIDATES FOR THE CINCY BEARCAT JOB.
FRANKLY I HOPE PJ FLECK GETS A BIGGER OPPORTUNITY THAN CINCY. BUT I DIG BEARCAT FOOTBALL TOO. I'D LIKE TO SEE PJ FLECK GET A BIG TEN JOB HE DESERVES IT. MAYBE INDIANA, OR ILLINOIS.
Last edited by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT on Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Re: BAYLOR HIRES TEMPLE'S MATT RHULE AS COACH.

Post by Chieftain2009 »

This is a good hire by Baylor, they needed to do something positive in their football program with all the garbage that is going on. This is a small step in the right direction.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

This will be tough going into the mess that is there not only team wise then on campus with students and supporters. Texas is different in how the buy I mean support football.

Not sure how true but I remembered that Mike Singletary applied for the job before and was mentioned this time. He would be a good role model for the team as well as bridge the divide with team and community. I would make him LB coach and dealing with the above. They need someone they can trust and is the for Baylor.

I think Strong just needs to take some time collect his money and evaluate what didn't go right at Texas. The moving around of his chosen staff even during the season was not good.

Fleck has something going real well where he is. Not knowing the fall out at Indiana. Doesn't need to jump just to jump. Can wait for a good fit for him. Like Coach Peterson did leaving Boise for Washington.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Chieftain2009 wrote:This is a good hire by Baylor, they needed to do something positive in their football program with all the garbage that is going on. This is a small step in the right direction.
Rhule is exactly what the Bears need to clean up and make all facets of football program compliant. That said, it will be hard to be janitor and remain competitive.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

LIKE THEY SAID ON ESPN GUT THE PLACE. EVEN THE ASSISTANTS UNDERMINED JIM GROBE ALL YEAR THEY STATED.
FIRE ANY AND EVERYBODY THAT WAS IN THE ORGANIZATION AND REGIME.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

farmer wrote:This will be tough going into the mess that is there not only team wise then on campus with students and supporters. Texas is different in how the buy I mean support football.

Not sure how true but I remembered that Mike Singletary applied for the job before and was mentioned this time. He would be a good role model for the team as well as bridge the divide with team and community. I would make him LB coach and dealing with the above. They need someone they can trust and is the for Baylor.

I think Strong just needs to take some time collect his money and evaluate what didn't go right at Texas. The moving around of his chosen staff even during the season was not good.

Fleck has something going real well where he is. Not knowing the fall out at Indiana. Doesn't need to jump just to jump. Can wait for a good fit for him. Like Coach Peterson did leaving Boise for Washington.
I agree farmer.

Return to “College Sports”