52/49 USC wins on late fg

Rose Bowl Grand-Daddy of them all....best game so far

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Re: Rose Bowl #9 USC VS #5 Penn St.

Post by dazed&confused »

Wow! Wanted PSU to win but great game. Classic!

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

What a game, wasn't someone on here yesterday saying how Penn State was going to get murdered?

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Aside from the personal fouls, this game showcased what college football should be. Most exciting edge of the seat game I have ever watched and I had no rooting interest in either team.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

I thought PSU would get hammered. They surprised me in this one. However, it's still another loss for the mighty Big10. Proving my earlier comments. Big 10 has been overrated all year. The only one of the big 4 to win was Wisconsin and it was over a mighty MAC school.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

hateraid wrote:I thought PSU would get hammered. They surprised me in this one. However, it's still another loss for the mighty Big10. Proving my earlier comments. Big 10 has been overrated all year. The only one of the big 4 to win was Wisconsin and it was over a mighty MAC school.
Again, aren't you a Louisville fan? If so, you don't have much room to talk.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

This was a very good entertaining game.
This was another game that the losing team hung in to the end. Two good teams. To say PSU was over rated is a JOKE. Since most people said USC was the team besides Alabama that others did not want to play.
To bad some people can not just enjoy a good football game without saying whatever to down a Conference. Since the Conference is not playing in that game.

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

Chieftain2009 wrote:
hateraid wrote:I thought PSU would get hammered. They surprised me in this one. However, it's still another loss for the mighty Big10. Proving my earlier comments. Big 10 has been overrated all year. The only one of the big 4 to win was Wisconsin and it was over a mighty MAC school.
Really?? We've got the best player in college football. ACC has dominated. And the team that just crushed your buckeyes Louisville nearly beat at Clemson and OSU couldn't even get on the score board. Just except facts. ACC>big 10.
And get it straight I'm a Louisville grad.
You're just pissed that I was right about the big 10 being overrated all year. So you chase me on here trying to be like me. It's ok your not the only one. However, we can't all be right.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

hateraid wrote:
Chieftain2009 wrote:
Really?? We've got the best player in college football. ACC has dominated. And the team that just crushed your buckeyes Louisville nearly beat at Clemson and OSU couldn't even get on the score board. Just except facts. ACC>big 10.
And get it straight I'm a Louisville grad.
You're just pissed that I was right about the big 10 being overrated all year. So you chase me on here trying to be like me. It's ok your not the only one. However, we can't all be right.
You weren't even on here all year. I don't care who had the best bowl record, except I love seeing the SEC not do well. And again, I mentioned nothing about the B1G compared to the ACC, I asked about Louisville, Lamar looked like garbage against LSU. JT didn't look any better against Clemson, but ya know, at least that was against a top 4 team.

So, I'm not pissed about the B1G, of course I'm disappointed that OSU lost, but fortunately I don't live and die by what they do. And again, you weren't on here all year so I have no idea what you're talking about troll.

And I see that Louisville education is doing you well, not knowing the difference between except and accept.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Dannnnnnng it! Enough for me. Penn State played like the champ of the BIG!!! Maybe the 3000 mile trip was a little too much again into USC's home turf every pampered rosy time. :roll: :lol: :lol: No complaints here. The Nitt's played super tough! But I'm swallowing it.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Home turf was no factor in this one,both teams played really well for the most part and looked well rested, PSU fans were just as loud as SC and besides the players loved that Disney trip lol.Forget it trench never gonna happen,too much tradition,but I do agree that they looked the best of the BIG.Too bad we couldn't have seen them against Clemson.They will probably be ranked ahead of the Bucks next year with all they got coming back.Sam Darnold is the best QB in college football right now,sorry Lamar! The kid is a stud and only a freshman.

The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

cbolt wrote:Home turf was no factor in this one,both teams played really well for the most part and looked well rested, PSU fans were just as loud as SC and besides the players loved that Disney trip lol.Forget it trench never gonna happen,too much tradition,but I do agree that they looked the best of the BIG.Too bad we couldn't have seen them against Clemson.They will probably be ranked ahead of the Bucks next year with all they got coming back.Sam Darnold is the best QB in college football right now,sorry Lamar! The kid is a stud and only a freshman.
A truly great College Football game :) Sammy is a tremendous young QB!!.....I know how the "inner circle" really felt about the playoffs :lol: and the ohio debacle......PSU strapped it up and went at anyhow and boy did they get after it the best they could!!! :) :)

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Inspector, as an OSU fan, PSU probably deserved that spot in the playoff. This game was great! I was on the edge of my chair for it!!!!!!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Penn State gave up the last TD to easy. They had a great year. Glad to see them back after all the crap the school has gone through.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us

Return to “College Sports”