MY RANT, SHARED FROM FACEBOOK JUST NOW.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

MY RANT, SHARED FROM FACEBOOK JUST NOW.

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i remember back in 2006 the buckeyes and michigan played the game of the century. the 2 battled to a 42-39 victory for the buckeyes. it was referred to as the game of the century. most of the country wanted a re-match of the 2 for the national championship game. the sec threw a fit, and was outraged, and immediately launched an anti big ten campaign. the conclusion was there will never,ever be 2 teams from the same conferenence or league play for a national title ever.------------ the following year it was bama and lsu played for a national title both from the sec.so pardon me for no tears shed about the sec bias. they did not earn it other than bama. who i believe is the strongest team right now in the country. but they can be beat but the following year the done the very same thing they said would never happen. i wanna go on record as saying everywhere i posted on social media. i had penn state as my 4th team. and for the record i think the committee got it wrong.i feel terrible for the nittany lions.the washington huskies had the next to last weakest out of conference schedule in the whole country.127th out of 128 teams. that's my big ten rant. we had 4 of the top 8 teams and 3 of the top 6. they earned it. and penn state won the toughest conference football championship in the country this year. it is what it is. no matter where they are located.i love college football and no disrespect intended to any conference , but it is what it is. tom ''ozzie'' osborne.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: MY RANT, SHARED FROM FACEBOOK JUST NOW.

JUST WANTED TO SHARE IT, SEE WHAT PEOPLE THOUGHT.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

Whats wrong with you?...ESPN pays big money to certain media on TV and Radio to sing the praises of an over-valued ohio team and an over-valued Conference...To think that people say that the 14 isthe strongest conference in America is Laughable....Criminal too....And 1 of these talking heads who does this is an ex-Tide QB who won a title there

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:JUST WANTED TO SHARE IT, SEE WHAT PEOPLE THOUGHT.
A lot agree and disagree.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

inspector I wish you'd type in yer indoor voice and play nicelike. you ole big ten fan you.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

To add to that was when Ohio State did make the championship game 2 years in a row. Florida 41 - 14 OSU then LSU 38 - OSU 24. Many people thought Ohio State never would belong in the game again. Even when their 3rd string QB got them into the game by beating the unbeatable dominate Alabama team. Then Oregon to win the National Championship.
Many SEC fans are stuck in the past. While the SEC is not what it use to be. In fact 2 ex Purdue QB'S start in the SEC.
I would have taken Washington over PSU because it is hard to play for the Championship after losing a game by 39 points. For its second loss compared to Washington losing to a very good USC team 26 -13.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

ESPN Mark May is a big Ohio State Fan

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

farmer wrote:ESPN Mark May is a big Ohio State Fan
Don't let him hear that. :lol:

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I remember that year very well.I too wanted them to play a rematch and mistakenly thought they were the best teams in the country,then they both go out and get shellacked in their bowl games and the Big Ten all of a sudden looked weak.I just hope this year isn't a repeat of that year.That's why it's always dangerous to proclaim a league the best before the bowl games are over.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Lets say Penn St and TOSU finished in the top four and lost. That is having two different leagues beat the Big Ten. That would show me that it took two different league champs to beat them. What football needs is what the Big Ten and ACC do in basketball. Football leagues need to get rid if these real small schools. The Big teams need to play one game each against another conference that plays near to their equal. Pac 10 could play the Big 8. Sec. could play the Big. and none of this top plays bottom crap.

Return to “College Sports”