What if it were an 8 team playoff.......

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

What if it were an 8 team playoff.......

Post by dazed&confused »

1) Alabama
2) Ohio State
3) Clemson
4 ) Penn State
5) Washington
6) Michigan
7) USC
8) Oklahoma

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: What if it were an 8 team playoff.......

Post by Bleeding Red »

I think an 8 team playoff this year would have been great. Very competitive as OK and USC are playing good football right now. Its only one more game, and with the amount of revenue it would generate I am really surprised they havent went to 8 teams yet.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

4 teams are enough for now!

But if they was 8 teams it would imo look like this

1.alabama
2.clemson
3.osu
4.washington
5.psu
6.bichigan
7.usc
8.oklahoma

so i agree with you dazed except washington and psu spotting Washington did what washington needed to do to get in now if the game against colorado would have been closer the psu would more then likely have the 4 spot

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I think it will be 8 sooner than later.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote:4 teams are enough for now!

But if they was 8 teams it would imo look like this

1.alabama
2.clemson
3.osu
4.washington
5.psu
6.bichigan
7.usc
8.oklahoma

so i agree with you dazed except washington and psu spotting Washington did what washington needed to do to get in now if the game against colorado would have been closer the psu would more then likely have the 4 spot
So I guess that would matter if you placed the first round on the campus of the higher seed. If you placed them in the New Years Bowls, it's a wash. I tried to place teams for the most intriguing match ups and avoiding a repeat of rivalry Saturday games. I'd love to see PSU vs. Washington

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

dazed&confused wrote:1) Alabama
2) Ohio State
3) Clemson
4 ) Penn State
5) Washington
6) Michigan
7) USC
8) Oklahoma
I agree with this....If it was eight teams PS would have finished ahead of Washington. With four they didn't want two from the same conference. Plus wee wee bammer would have cried all the way home.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I really think that 8 teams will be definitely discussed this year very aggressively. and let's face it 2 more games on the same weekend ain't gonna stretch the season out any longer.and in the end it's all about the money anyway to the ncaa.but I dearly feel for penn state, I thought they deserved the shot over Washington, because of their ooc schedule. udub's was 127 outta 128.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

and I'm sorry but the broncos from western Michigan deserved a shot if it was an 8 team format, they did go undefeated.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

and I still don't understand why the ncaa never overturned the central Michigan victory over the oke state cowboys that is awful.and just a travesty, sure it's a team they should have wallered to death. but we all know about the underdog upsets the first couple of weeks. these underdogs have a whole entire season to get ready for that one game. not a week like during the season.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

They say an 8 team playoff would diminish the importance of the regualar season,I say hogwash they said the same thing before the 4 team playoff.As far as Washington deserving the 4 spot I think they earned it depsite the weak ooc.They beat Colorado worse than Michigan did and clobbered a ranked WSU team on their home field a week earlier.It is what it is a lot of teams play cupcakes in ooc.Hopefully the playoffs will change that but not getting my hopes up.

Return to “College Sports”