HAS OHIO STATE PUNCHED THEIR TICKET TO THE DANCE ??

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

HAS OHIO STATE PUNCHED THEIR TICKET TO THE DANCE ??

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I THINK THEY HAVE AND ARE ALREADY IN THE TOP 4.
NOBODIE'S REUSME COMPARES TO THEIR'S. THEY BEAT MORE TOP 10 TEAMS THAN ANYBODY.
10 BIG TEN TEAMS ARE BOWL ELIGIBLE. AND LOOK AT THE TOP 25 AND SEE HOW THE BIG TEN WAS SO DEEP.
THE LONE LOSS WAS A CLOSE ONE TO PSU. WHO IS PLAYING FOR THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONSHIP. AND ARGUABLY PLAYING THE BEST BALL IN THE COUNTRY RIGHT NOW. AND HOW MANY TICKETS WILL BE SOLD, LET'S FACE IT THAT'S A FACTOR AS WELL. AND NOBODY TRAVELS LIKE THE BUCK FAITHFUL.

WHAT SAY YA'LL. AND I THINK THE ARGUMENT WOULD ONLY BODE EVEN STRONGER IF THE BADGERS BEAT THE NITTANY LIONS.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: HAS OHIO STATE PUNCHED THEIR TICKET TO THE DANCE ??

Post by Bleeding Red »

When the committee comes out with the new rankings tomorrow evening, they will lead us in which direction the eligibility to play in a conference championship game weighs.

I think if OSU stays #2, we are fine. I think they will leave them at #2 because they just beat the #3 team in the country.

If they drop OSU to #3 or #4, they are setting themselves up to either leave them there, or drop them depending on what happens this weekend during Champioonship Saturday games.

Every OSU fan should be cheering hard for Wisconsin Saturday evening. A Wisconsin win over Penn State seals OSU into the top 4, IMO, and more importantly locks them into #2 or #3 which could be huge determining the national champions. I dont fear OSU playing Bammer in the first round if it happens because I think we just moved the ball running against a defensive front (UM) that can easily be compared to the same type, style and physicality of Bammers defensive front.

I would like to see OSU play Clemson, Washington, or rematch Penn St or Wisky in the first round. You never know how dinged up teams can be heading out of that first round game to the Championship game. I dont want to see any injuries for any team, but if Bama gets in a dogfight with one of the other teams the first round, it may bode well for us 9 days later if we also win.

Gotta make it in first. Being there, at any point 1-4, is what we need. Gotta beat the best at some point to be the best.

The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:I THINK THEY HAVE AND ARE ALREADY IN THE TOP 4.
10 BIG TEN TEAMS ARE BOWL ELIGIBLE. AND LOOK AT THE TOP 25 AND SEE HOW THE BIG TEN WAS SO DEEP.
THE LONE LOSS WAS A CLOSE ONE TO PSU. WHO IS PLAYING FOR THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONSHIP. AND ARGUABLY PLAYING THE BEST BALL IN THE COUNTRY RIGHT NOW. AND HOW MANY TICKETS WILL BE SOLD, LET'S FACE IT THAT'S A FACTOR AS WELL. AND NOBODY TRAVELS LIKE THE BUCK FAITHFUL.

WHAT SAY YA'LL. AND I THINK THE ARGUMENT WOULD ONLY BODE EVEN STRONGER IF THE BADGERS BEAT THE NITTANY LIONS.
To answer your question to your header....NO...HOW?...osu did not win their division of the big 14...They are not unequivocally a top 4 team. They are not playing for the big 14 title....the 14 is NOT DEEP..... :lol: :lol: ....

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:I THINK THEY HAVE AND ARE ALREADY IN THE TOP 4.

Yes

route7
Freshman Team

Post by route7 »

Look for 2 big10 teams to make the playoff. Ohio State's resume is just so impressive that they cannot be left out. 3 wins vs top 10 teams. IMO Washington nor Clemson deserves to be in. I personally think 3 big10 teams should be in but lord knows that won't happen. Its simple. Alabama, Ohio St, Clemson(possibly Michigan), Wisc/Penn St. Washington won't get in. Sorry Pac12 but you suck. What is it like #128 Strength of schedule for the huskies? Ohio U has played a tougher schedule in the MAC than you.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Like to see a miracle weekend with TOSU, Michigan----Penn St/Wisconsin in there.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

With the committee keeping OSU at #2, they are in.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Just like I said it should be on another thread.
1. Alabama
2. OSU
3. Clemson
4. Washington
5. Michigan

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

The winner of Wisconsin and Penn St. will finish ahead of Michigan. Hopefully one or more of the top three that will be playing this weekend fall.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Agree esp. if one team trounces the other in the Championship they will leap frog TTUN,just because they are 5th now don't mean they will move up when the committee makes their pick Sunday and not playing this weekend doesn't help any.Baylor and TCU thought they were sitting pretty a couple years ago, but it will all be moot if Clemson and Washington take care of business this weekend.Heard on TV yesterday TTUN is projected to be playing FSU in the Orange Bowl if things go as expected.That should be an interesting matchup! The winner of the BIG will go to the Rose and take on the Buffaloes.I think the Buffs have a 50/50 chance of beating Wash and making a little chaos this weekend.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

noreply66 wrote:The winner of Wisconsin and Penn St. will finish ahead of Michigan. Hopefully one or more of the top three that will be playing this weekend fall.
No, they wont. Michigan owns the head to head against both of them. The committee is telling us that carries more weight than a conference championship this year, in this weird situation.

Michigan also owns the head to head against Colorado.

If Clemson AND Washington both get beat Saturday, Michigan is in at #3. If one of them loses Saturday, they can very possibly be #4.

Both Clemson and Washington win and the committee will have a tough determination on their #3 and #4 teams.

Michigan, as much as I dislike them, has 3 things going for them that Washington AND Clemson dont:

1.) Wins over 3 current top 7 teams.

2.) Loss to #2 team, on the road, overtime.

3.) Overall strength of schedule.

IMO, even with Clemson and Washington wins Saturday, Michigan could still be debated into the top 4.

Washington has nobody to blame but their AD for the cupcake schedule.

Clemson has looked mediocre ALL year.

The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

ohio has looked mediocre all year. Why?....because that is who they are. Their sched in reality stinks overall...ohio wont be dancing this weekend representing their division. Why?...they didnt win their division. PSU won their division :lol: WHY?....they beat ohio and UM got beat by IOWA :lol: :lol: ...PSU dances this week....ohio has beaten BG,mary,rut...3 of the worse teams in America....they beat Corn,Indy,tulsa,msu,and nw who collectively couldnt beat a wet blanket with a stick...They beat a grossly overranked wisky team in OT who would have lost to gopher last week if Mitch could throw 1 ball to his guys.. :lol: ..Mitch makes Barrett look good. A slug pug Um gave them the game last week and the win over Sooner last summer came over a bunch who lost to Houston :lol: ....Who lost to SMU and who else HOMERS?...they beat a Sooner team who gave up 59 to Texas Tech and 850 total yards!...Feel real good about that one......Navy beat Houston :lol: ....And Memphis did too

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

The Inspector wrote:ohio has looked mediocre all year. Why?....because that is who they are. Their sched in reality stinks overall...ohio wont be dancing this weekend representing their division. Why?...they didnt win their division. PSU won their division :lol: WHY?....they beat ohio and UM got beat by IOWA :lol: :lol: ...PSU dances this week....ohio has beaten BG,mary,rut...3 of the worse teams in America....they beat Corn,Indy,tulsa,msu,and nw who collectively couldnt beat a wet blanket with a stick...They beat a grossly overranked wisky team in OT who would have lost to gopher last week if Mitch could throw 1 ball to his guys.. :lol: ..Mitch makes Barrett look good. A slug pug Um gave them the game last week and the win over Sooner last summer came over a bunch who lost to Houston :lol: ....Who lost to SMU and who else HOMERS?...they beat a Sooner team who gave up 59 to Texas Tech and 850 total yards!...Feel real good about that one......Navy beat Houston :lol: ....And Memphis did too
Well, your opinion matters as much as ours.

The committee spoke loud and clear last night keeping OSU at #2 AND saying there was a large gap between #2 and #3.

I know you hate OSU making it in, but its a done deal. Watch, dont watch, I dont care. Your choice.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Bleeding Red wrote:
noreply66 wrote:The winner of Wisconsin and Penn St. will finish ahead of Michigan. Hopefully one or more of the top three that will be playing this weekend fall.
No, they wont. Michigan owns the head to head against both of them. The committee is telling us that carries more weight than a conference championship this year, in this weird situation.

If Clemson AND Washington both get beat Saturday, Michigan is in at #3. If one of them loses Saturday, they can very possibly be #4.

Both Clemson and Washington win and the committee will have a tough determination on their #3 and #4 teams.

Michigan, as much as I dislike them, has 3 things going for them that Washington AND Clemson dont:

IMO, even with Clemson and Washington wins Saturday, Michigan could still be debated into the top 4.

Wouldn't mind seeing Michigan at number four playing the bammer. Michigan might not win but they would put the hurt on them big time.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

noreply66 wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:

Wouldn't mind seeing Michigan at number four playing the bammer. Michigan might not win but they would put the hurt on them big time.
I agree! UM would soften them up for us, that's for sure.

The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

Michigan has lost 2 out of their last 2 ballgames against the likes of Iowa and ohio :lol: ...they are INEPT on Offense because they cant run the football with Smith,Isaac,Higdon,and Evans...They have to play Peppers to give them a chance...Speight is the best player ohio had last weekend...He cant throw it much and certainly is no run threat :lol: :lol: ....I swear unless they threw some kind of Y Choice or Stick for Butt or some kind of short Corner to him they would not get a 1st down against THE TIDE....Horrible...and so is ohio with what they do.....But they get a FREE PASS...ohio is on permanent scholarship with this commitee....

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Bleeding Red wrote:
noreply66 wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:

I agree! UM would soften them up for us, that's for sure.

They are already soft from all that warm weather :lol: :lol:

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

And the Gauntlet! Lol.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Bleeding Red wrote:And the Gauntlet! Lol.
And their bandwagon fans slapping their man boobs together!

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I THINK WE'LL SEE AT NOON THAT THEY DID !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

Return to “College Sports”