OHIO STATE VS. ?????????????????????????

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

OHIO STATE VS. ?????????????????????????

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

WHO WILL THE MIGHTY BUCKEYES PLAY NEXT.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: OHIO STATE VS. ?????????????????????????

Post by Bleeding Red »

if Penn St wins next Saturday we rematch them as 2 vs 3. If Wisconsin wins we will play Clemson.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Bleeding Red wrote:if Penn St wins next Saturday we rematch them as 2 vs 3. If Wisconsin wins we will play Clemson.
No way will Clemson be 4.
1. Alabama
2. Ohio State
3. Clemson
Or reverse 2/3
4. Penn State or Washington

If Wisconsin beats Penn State I think they put Wash in. Not sure what they do if Penn State wins.
If Washington loses to Colorado the winner of Wisky/Penn State is likely in.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

How about TOSU versus Florida in the Citrus Bowl if chaos does not happen next weekend and the Bucks fall out of the CFP. Meyer versus his old school would be an intriguing match up. Honestly though, no one will know until Sunday's CFP announcement show.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
route7
Freshman Team

Post by route7 »

Omega wrote:How about TOSU versus Florida in the Citrus Bowl if chaos does not happen next weekend and the Bucks fall out of the CFP. Meyer versus his old school would be an intriguing match up. Honestly though, no one will know until Sunday's CFP announcement show.
Won't happen. Once UF loses to Bama, they will drop out of the top 16 and be out of the New Years 6 bowl eligability

The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

Maybe they will get some of USC all over them. If Washington and PSU wins this weekend it will be 1)THE TIDE 2)Clemson(Va Tech is better than wisky but Clemson will get them..best team in the country not named BAMA without question3)Huskies...Well deserved 4)PSU

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Omega wrote:How about TOSU versus Florida in the Citrus Bowl if chaos does not happen next weekend and the Bucks fall out of the CFP. Meyer versus his old school would be an intriguing match up. Honestly though, no one will know until Sunday's CFP announcement show.
Just do not think Florida will get that high without TOSU playing.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I JUST WANT SOME OF BAMA BEFORE IT'S ALL SAID N DONE.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Washington
4. OSU

They will put more weight on the conference championships then many think.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

hateraid wrote:1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Washington
4. OSU

If OSU moves it will be to 3. They won't move to 4.

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

Bleeding Red wrote:
2. Clemson
3. Washington
4. OSU

Washington is playing a top 10 team in Colorado and Clemson will have another "w" while OSU sits idle. The Bucks still make the playoff but IMHO I don't think the powers that be will have them ahead of two 1 loss power 5 conference champs when OSU didn't even win their division.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

hateraid wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:
2. Clemson
3. Washington
4. OSU

Washington is playing a top 10 team in Colorado and Clemson will have another "w" while OSU sits idle. The Bucks still make the playoff but IMHO I don't think the powers that be will have them ahead of two 1 loss power 5 conference champs when OSU didn't even win their division.
Didn't one of the committee persons say there was a pretty big gap between the bucks and Clemson?

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

I just heard an interview yesterday where they said that conference championships would be factored in and would be a BIG factor. So if there was a gap it will be closed in my opinion.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

hateraid wrote:I just heard an interview yesterday where they said that conference championships would be factored in and would be a BIG factor. So if there was a gap it will be closed in my opinion.
Where does bama end up if they lose? They won't be a conference champion.

The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

hateraid wrote:I just heard an interview yesterday where they said that conference championships would be factored in and would be a BIG factor. So if there was a gap it will be closed in my opinion.
ohio was called the UNICORN of college football!!...We know about the so-called Brand. We know about how well your adoring fans travel...We know about the money revenue...We know about Jim Delaney....They are told YOU DO NOT have to worry about winning your DIVISION or your CONFERENCE TITLE...You are one of the top 4 teams in America and you are going to the playoffs...Even though you are so overrated ....Even though you do not have an elite QB..You do not have an elite RB...You have well below avg passcatchers..You have a so-so O-Line...You play in the worst Conference in America from Top to bottom in reality....Your LBs are ok....Your Secondary is ok....Your 3 techniques,shade and 0 Techs are average at best.....Your 5,7,and 9 techniques are outstanding....But you dont have to worry...Your kickers are good but 1 gagged last week...But dont worry...You are one of the best ever even though you struggle to beat the likes of wisky,NW,msu,Indy,UM,and allow 17 Tackles for loss against psu and claim to be better and more deserving even though you lost to them?....What a joke...The Pontif recruits great talent....And great talent goes to ohio state.....But in this situation for them to be granted exempt status in this Playoff will echo all over the great game of College football...

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

fbnut wrote:
They will pay the money :lol:

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

FOLKS

1. Alabama (even with a loss this weekend - and they wouldn't even be conference champions)
2. OSU

GAP

3. Clemson (unless they lose)
4. Washington (unless they lose or win a very close game and Penn State hammers Wisconsin)

Michigan, Wisconsin and Penn State are the only other teams with a shot.

#5 Michigan would be in for sure if Clemson AND Washington lose as would the winner of the Big Ten Championship game.
Should one of the two lose (Clemson or Wash) the committee has a choice to make between #5 Michigan or elevate the Big Ten Champion.
#6 Wisconsin is in for sure if they win the Big Ten and both Clemson and Washington lose. If Wisky wins the Big Ten in a close game and only one of the two teams (Clemson or Wash) lose I think the committee takes Michigan. I think Wisky is out if they win the Big Ten and Clemson and Wash both win.
#7 Penn State is in for sure if they win the Big Ten and both Clemson and Washington lose. If Penn State wins a close game and only one of the two teams (Clemson or Washington) lose I don't know who the committee takes between Penn State and Michigan. If Penn State blows out Wisconsin and only one of the two (Clemson or Wash) lose I think they take Penn State who would be on a big roll.

I don't think its too complicated to see how the committee is thinking.

route7
Freshman Team

Post by route7 »

This inspector dude is ridiculous. Oh how I'd love to get him out behind the dumpsters. The Big Ten is THE best conference in America. We've proved it over the last few years in the bowl games and I don't know if any other conference with 4 of the top 10 teams in America. Not to meantion a legitimate shot at getting not 2 but THREE teams in the Playoff. The most overrated team in the country is Clemson. I would rank Washington in there with Clemson as over rated until they got that impressive win over WSU. To me USC is a top 4 team. I know they have three losses but that's why we have the human factor now, to rate the current best teams. 1. Bama 2. OSU
3. Big Ten Champ 4. USC IMO

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

USC is playing good ball now. Probably beat bammer in a rematch.

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

fbnut wrote:
Never said you had to be a conference champion to get in. I simply stated everyone on here is wearing scarlet glasses and its a strong possibility Washington and Clemson will jump the Bucks. Clemson's only loss is to a team (Pitt) who beat Penn. St. who as we all know beat OSU. And Washington is playing a top 10 team. People need to put their bias aside and look at the facts. OSU got in the 1st playoff based on their conference championship win. Why is it so unlikely now? Because your precious Buckeyes are the ones getting jumped?

Return to “College Sports”