OHIO STATE VS. ?????????????????????????

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: OHIO STATE VS. ?????????????????????????

Post by Bleeding Red »

The Inspector wrote:
JTEK wrote:
The Inspector wrote:Maybe I can get an answer here. I hope. But I am having some issues finding out who Michigan and ohio play today on CHAMPIONSHIP SATURDAY. Can someone help?
Buckeyes don't play again until dec 31st either 4-4:30 or 7:30-8 :lol:
Actually they do play today against a lot of their HOMERS Alma Mater Fairleigh Small Dickenson at 4:30.Different sport and no CHIP on the line. Of course. And UM has Keenesaw :lol: ....At least these hoop teams play someone

Hey BOY........Bammer lost to Valparaiso on 11/22. When did they start running the GAUNTLET in basketball too???
The game against St Louis was a nail biter but Bammer pulled out that BIG win!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll:

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Have a couple of questions, may have already been stated but couldn't be asked to read through all of the topic. Let's say Ohio State doesn't make the playoffs and the winner of the B1G Championship as well as Washington, Clemson & Bama get in. Who goes to the Rose Bowl? The loser of the B1G Chsmpionship game, or Ohio State, also would they play Colorado? Let's say the loser does go to the Rose Bowl, does Ohio State get an at large bid to the Cotton Bowl against either Western Michigan or Navy, or do they go to the Outback bowl against Florida or Auburn?

Who Dey!
hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

PTrojan59 wrote:Have a couple of questions, may have already been stated but couldn't be asked to read through all of the topic. Let's say Ohio State doesn't make the playoffs and the winner of the B1G Championship as well as Washington, Clemson & Bama get in. Who goes to the Rose Bowl? The loser of the B1G Chsmpionship game, or Ohio State, also would they play Colorado? Let's say the loser does go to the Rose Bowl, does Ohio State get an at large bid to the Cotton Bowl against either Western Michigan or Navy, or do they go to the Outback bowl against Florida or Auburn?

I just heard this today. It would be the highest ranked team.

GoBucks1047
JV Team

Post by GoBucks1047 »

PTrojan59 wrote:Have a couple of questions, may have already been stated but couldn't be asked to read through all of the topic. Let's say Ohio State doesn't make the playoffs and the winner of the B1G Championship as well as Washington, Clemson & Bama get in. Who goes to the Rose Bowl? The loser of the B1G Chsmpionship game, or Ohio State, also would they play Colorado? Let's say the loser does go to the Rose Bowl, does Ohio State get an at large bid to the Cotton Bowl against either Western Michigan or Navy, or do they go to the Outback bowl against Florida or Auburn?
Don't forget the highest ranked Big Ten, SEC, or Notre Dame can get into the Orange Bowl against ACC Champion (or next highest ranked ACC member if Clemson wins tonight, which would be Florida State) and then an At-Large team can get into the Cotton Bowl against the highest ranked Group of 5 Champion. Assuming the B1G Champion would get in the 4th playoff spot over Ohio State in this situation, Ohio State, Michigan, and the B1G Championship game loser could be distributed between the Rose Bowl, Orange Bowl, and Cotton Bowl should the B1G champion beat out Ohio State for the college football playoff.

Hateraid is correct. The highest ranked B1G team would go to the Rose Bowl if the B1G champion goes to the playoff (same goes for all the other conferences), which would be Ohio State should for some reason they not make the playoff, otherwise, it's the B1G champion, and they would play either USC or Colorado (higher ranked of the two teams) assuming Washington makes the playoff. Then Michigan is the highest ranked between the B1G, SEC, and Notre Dame, and they would play Florida State, if Clemson wins. Then it would depend on how far the B1G loser drops and it would be the highest ranked team between the B1G loser, either Colorado or USC (whoever wasn't chosen for the Rose Bowl), and potentially the loser of Bedlem, Oklahoma State-Oklahoma, (winner of Bedlam, Big 12 Champion, goes to Sugar Bowl against the higher ranked team between Auburn or Florida) against the highest ranked Group of 5 Champion (looking like Western Michigan unless something crazy happens). Of course if Clemson loses, a lot of this would look different as 2 B1G teams would likely make the playoff.

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

GoBucks1047 wrote:
Don't forget the highest ranked Big Ten, SEC, or Notre Dame can get into the Orange Bowl against ACC Champion (or next highest ranked ACC member if Clemson wins tonight, which would be Florida State) and then an At-Large team can get into the Cotton Bowl against the highest ranked Group of 5 Champion. Assuming the B1G Champion would get in the 4th playoff spot over Ohio State in this situation, Ohio State, Michigan, and the B1G Championship game loser could be distributed between the Rose Bowl, Orange Bowl, and Cotton Bowl should the B1G champion beat out Ohio State for the college football playoff.

Hateraid is correct. The highest ranked B1G team would go to the Rose Bowl if the B1G champion goes to the playoff (same goes for all the other conferences), which would be Ohio State should for some reason they not make the playoff, otherwise, it's the B1G champion, and they would play either USC or Colorado (higher ranked of the two teams) assuming Washington makes the playoff. Then Michigan is the highest ranked between the B1G, SEC, and Notre Dame, and they would play Florida State, if Clemson wins. Then it would depend on how far the B1G loser drops and it would be the highest ranked team between the B1G loser, either Colorado or USC (whoever wasn't chosen for the Rose Bowl), and potentially the loser of Bedlem, Oklahoma State-Oklahoma, (winner of Bedlam, Big 12 Champion, goes to Sugar Bowl against the higher ranked team between Auburn or Florida) against the highest ranked Group of 5 Champion (looking like Western Michigan unless something crazy happens). Of course if Clemson loses, a lot of this would look different as 2 B1G teams would likely make the playoff.
Its crazy to me FSU would play in the Orange Bowl vs UM. They were absolutely drilled by Louisville and placed below them in ACC play. However,
the powers that be think FSU is a better team. What a joke. Would love to see Jackson run all over UM.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I THINK IT WILL BE CLEMSON IN ARIZONA.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Bleeding Red wrote:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:SOMEBODY IS LIVING PROOF THE INDIANS HAD SEX WITH THE BUFFALO.

Don't give him too much credit there Bait!! :lol: :lol:

NOBODY IN PARTICULAR THERE RED.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

The Inspector wrote:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:SOMEBODY IS LIVING PROOF THE INDIANS HAD SEX WITH THE BUFFALO.
You looked in the mirror lately Tiger Bait :lol: :lol: :lol: .....What caused that?
you may be on to something hoss. I had a pipefitter general foreman tell me that at Armco steel in 84. I liked to pee myself laughing.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

to the haters out there, read em n weep. I say the bucks are in. 11-1, lone loss to the champion of the toughest conference in football this year. beat 3 top ten teams, and more ranked teams than anybody. say what you want about performance they sport 43 frosh on their roster and lost 14 to the nfl. they have been inconsistent but have won. poor line play lost the psu game. on both sides of the ball.but they are so young it's to be expected.

The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:
The Inspector wrote:
You looked in the mirror lately Tiger Bait :lol: :lol: :lol: .....What caused that?
you may be on to something hoss. I had a pipefitter general foreman tell me that at Armco steel in 84. I liked to pee myself laughing.
:lol: :lol: :lol: ......Old Steve E used to say "Now thats funny. I dont care who you are"....Remember?...Sorry Bait..You aint that ugly Hoss....I mean you are ugly but not as ugly as I may have opined :lol: :lol: :lol:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:to the haters out there, read em n weep. I say the bucks are in. 11-1, lone loss to the champion of the toughest conference in football this year. beat 3 top ten teams, and more ranked teams than anybody. say what you want about performance they sport 43 frosh on their roster and lost 14 to the nfl. they have been inconsistent but have won. poor line play lost the psu game. on both sides of the ball.but they are so young it's to be expected.

Young with a lot of talent

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

noreply66 wrote:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:to the haters out there, read em n weep. I say the bucks are in. 11-1, lone loss to the champion of the toughest conference in football this year. beat 3 top ten teams, and more ranked teams than anybody. say what you want about performance they sport 43 frosh on their roster and lost 14 to the nfl. they have been inconsistent but have won. poor line play lost the psu game. on both sides of the ball.but they are so young it's to be expected.

Young with a lot of talent
youngest team in college football

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

fbnut wrote:
Raiderball wrote:
smurray wrote:Inspector likes to hear himself type, geesh! Nobody can have an opinion different than his.
The Buckeyes slipped once just as Clemson and Washington did. The difference in the three is the top 10 resume. It really doesn't matter what The Inspector thinks of the top notch Buckeye wins, what matters is what the COMMITTEE thinks about it.

And by the way, OSU shared the Big Ten East with Penn State. They are not 3rd in the conference, doesn't work that way gadget. And I think the COMMITTEE disagrees with gadget on the "worst conference in college football". They put 4 teams in the top 10 - pretty bad.
Just for the record, I do believe OSU would be third in the conference... Wisconsin/PSU... winner is conference champ, loser is conference runner up.

1. Alabama
2. Clemson (with a win over VT)
3. Washington (impressive win last night)
4. Big 14 champ (Wisc/PSU)
One things for sure we'll find out tomorrow
homers were right i guess

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I still would have taken penn state over Washington as I predicted. 128 teams Washington had the 127th weakest ooc schedule, really. aside from that they are deserving. I love chris Peterson. have been a boise fan for many moons. and knew this was just a matter of time with him.

Return to “College Sports”