The Iron Bowl

The Inspector
Varsity

The Iron Bowl

Post by The Inspector »

THE GAME in College football. The most intense,most fiercely contested,and the hardest fought rivalry game in College sports.Has it lost a little luster due to Bama already clinching The PREEMINENT conference in College Athletics,THE SEC WEST?...Dont think so! This one is always fought tooth and nail. Other games are sometimes mostly HYPE. Not this one!! Between these 2 squads they have played in OR won 6 out of the last 7 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP games. And...THE SEC has won 12 out of the last 24 National Titles,all why playing in the GAUNTLET known as the SEC....Every other University's DADDY the Crimson Tide has won 5 Titles and are attempting to win a 6th this year. If they do and I think they have a chance,that will be 24% of the NATTIS reside in Tuscaloosa in the last 25 years and 52% of the trophies will have belonged to the SEC :lol: ...Kind of puts in perspective the kind of football played there compared to the rest of the country.

The Inspector
Varsity

Re: The Iron Bowl

Post by The Inspector »

Auburn is a legitimate top 5 D who have played against top level talent. Not a mirage like ohio or Michigan or wisky

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

With you calling this sec scum THE GAME no 1 shall reply

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote:With you calling this sec scum THE GAME no 1 shall reply
Well....I believe you did legend :lol: :lol: ...You are someone

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

As an expat Buckeye living in the south, I will attest that the Iron Bowl has many of the elements of The Game but usually has superior caliber of play simply because the hate factor is not as big or promoted as much as in the BIG 10. The teams play to win unlike TOSU and Michigan, who usually play not to lose. Part of this is that the Iron Bowl is an intra-state rivalry, where fans (and even families) are split somewhat evenly between school loyalty.

As to Alabama, they really have not been challenged this year and I fear everyone else is just playing for second place.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Omega wrote:As an expat Buckeye living in the south, I will attest that the Iron Bowl has many of the elements of The Game but usually has superior caliber of play simply because the hate factor is not as big or promoted as much as in the BIG 10. The teams play to win unlike TOSU and Michigan, who usually play not to lose. Part of this is that the Iron Bowl is an intra-state rivalry, where fans (and even families) are split somewhat evenly between school loyalty.

As to Alabama, they really have not been challenged this year and I fear everyone else is just playing for second place.
You never know how they will react if they are challenged

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

fbnut wrote:
Omega wrote:As an expat Buckeye living in the south, I will attest that the Iron Bowl has many of the elements of The Game but usually has superior caliber of play simply because the hate factor is not as big or promoted as much as in the BIG 10. The teams play to win unlike TOSU and Michigan, who usually play not to lose. Part of this is that the Iron Bowl is an intra-state rivalry, where fans (and even families) are split somewhat evenly between school loyalty.

I remember just a few years ago when Bama was supposed to roll everyone in the playoffs. Even had OSU down 21-7 early in the game......then Bammers wheels fell off. Quite fun to watch those "can't lose team" get pressured and buckle under it!

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Bleeding Red wrote:
fbnut wrote:

I remember just a few years ago when Bama was supposed to roll everyone in the playoffs. Even had OSU down 21-7 early in the game......then Bammers wheels fell off. Quite fun to watch those "can't lose team" get pressured and buckle under it!
Weren't the hurricanes unbeatable in 2003?

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

fbnut wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:
fbnut wrote: You never know how they will react if they are challenged
Weren't the hurricanes unbeatable in 2003?
More so than Bammers! :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

How did ohio respond after psu got the STATUE down 6 times behind the LOS and overall had 17 TFLs against this ohio team?...Will tell you...Just like usual...They frontrun the FIghting Tommy Armstrongs and mary...Then they resorted back to form against 3-8 msu and in one of the UGLIEST football games ever...Beat UM....Is that the order?...I know this ohio team who HOMERS think is a lock Lacked a little "Game Control" against Crap Wisky,NW,msu,psu,and ,the UM game,which is one of the POOREST played games I have ever seen.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Michigan and Michigan State are going to call their game the Steel Bowl next year

Indiana and Purdue are going with the Metal Bowl

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

ohio and Um will officially call this tussle the STEAL BOWL....Steal HOMERS money

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Auburn was just terrible in the Iron Bowl

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Wasn't good to start with...one of those bammer teams

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

The Inspector wrote:THE GAME in College football. The most intense,most fiercely contested,and the hardest fought rivalry game in College sports.Has it lost a little luster due to Bama already clinching The PREEMINENT conference in College Athletics,THE SEC WEST?...Dont think so! This one is always fought tooth and nail. Other games are sometimes mostly HYPE. Not this one!! Between these 2 squads they have played in OR won 6 out of the last 7 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP games. And...THE SEC has won 12 out of the last 24 National Titles,all why playing in the GAUNTLET known as the SEC....Every other University's DADDY the Crimson Tide has won 5 Titles and are attempting to win a 6th this year. If they do and I think they have a chance,that will be 24% of the NATTIS reside in Tuscaloosa in the last 25 years and 52% of the trophies will have belonged to the SEC :lol: ...Kind of puts in perspective the kind of football played there compared to the rest of the country.
you funny.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

THEE GAME IS OHIO STATE/MICHIGAN. ALWAYS HAS BEEN.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

READ THE POLLS AND WEEP.

The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:READ THE POLLS AND WEEP.
Dont worry. I love college football and I do. I weep for the future. The big 14 is a horse-dung Conference and ohio always has the easiest path anyhow without this political,money engineered,perception oriented BS

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

just trolling along

Return to “College Sports”