Penn State

The Inspector
Varsity

Penn State

Post by The Inspector »

Rolls on this week ranked 7th in this country :lol: ...I wont break them down or their opponents quite as much as I did Wisky but for them to be where they are is also even a bigger joke!..here are some reasons that Intelligent non 14 HOMERS could easily see.
1) They were beat by Pitt. Rivalry game and no embarrassment. But still an ALSO-RAN in the ACC
2 )They were front-run by Michigan by 39
3) they beat a decent Temple team..Ranked #43 and who is 8-3 and play pretty good football. Solid win
4) They beat the #141 Ranked Kent team by 20
5)After the 1st 4 ballgames they beat #44 Minny by 3 in OT...Ok but #7 in the country? :lol: :lol: ...Then they beat # 77 Mary who was and is horrible
6)Then the BIG White out game :lol: :lol: ..Both squads stunk the field up that night.ohio worse by getting 2 kicks blocked and 1 returned for 6. ohio sort of showed what they were all about. But this catapaulted this psu team to the glee of Bucky Barry and Delaney.Now...we have psu protecting ohio and ohio spurring this psu outfit up the polls when up to then they had not done much.
7)psu has now proceeded to piggy-back that unbelievable win :lol: against those bucks to get on this once in a lifetime roll and beat hell out of 3-8 and #118 Purdie, the 7-4 #29 Hawks(121st in total Off in nation BTW... :lol: ),The 5-6 and #58 Hoosiers who had them beat REAL late and gave up a couple of garbage scores late,And the Coup de Grace big Win over the #139 3-8 Ruts. They get 3-8 msu this week for the BIG 14 East title( I think it is the east-could be the legends) and a chance to play in the big 14 championship game. AND...7th by Barry and this group based on this resume :lol: :lol: :lol: ...the joke is on College Football right now

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Penn State

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

The Big Ten you gotta be on top of your game every Sat, chances are anyone can be beat on any given Sat. The Big Ten is tougher than you will admit Inspector.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

He knows it,just likes getting a rise out of everybody. BTW Inspector that "ALSO-RAN" Pitt you mentioned from the ACC beat one of your favorite teams a couple weeks ago I do believe. 8-) I know the ACC is tougher than the BIG 14 :lol:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt wrote:He knows it,just likes getting a rise out of everybody. BTW Inspector that "ALSO-RAN" Pitt you mentioned from the ACC beat one of your favorite teams a couple weeks ago I do believe. 8-) I know the ACC is tougher than the BIG 14 :lol:
Too much getting a rise IMO. Needs to give it a break at least a little bit. :? Back to the topic of Penn State winning out etc etc. :roll: :lol: Penn State in their house should be ready for Sparty. I look for a good one.

The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

cbolt wrote:He knows it,just likes getting a rise out of everybody. BTW Inspector that "ALSO-RAN" Pitt you mentioned from the ACC beat one :lol: of your favorite teams a couple weeks ago I do believe. 8-) I know the ACC is tougher than the BIG 14 :lol:
Yes Pitt did beat Clemson. psu beat ohio.It happens. And yes,since you mentioned it The ACC is tougher than the big 14. From top to bottom.
1)the big 14 has 7 teams with losing records...The ACC has 4
2)Offensively the ACC is much better..Wideouts,RBs,and especially QBs..The ACC has 5 QBs better than anyone in the 14 in J.Evans,M. Trubisky,B.Kaaya,Lamar,and DWatson....And Francois is as good as anything in the 14
3)Defensively the ACC is better....They go up against better attacks week to week thats for sure
4)Coaching is better and deeper in the ACC
5)The ACCs overall record is 90-64.....big 14 is 88-66
6)The ACCs Big 3 of FSU,Clemson,and Louisville is at least as good or better than the 14s ohio,UM,and wisky
7) I would take the next tier of Va Tech,Carolina,THE U,and Pitt over Iowa,Corn,psu,,and Minny.....Corn and psu are vastly overrated
8)Ga. Tech is 7-4 and Wake is 6-5...msu is horrible and Wake beat Indy...So I favor these 2 ACC schools
9)NC ST,Cuse,Duke,BC,and VA had it rought at times this year..showed some flashes at times...But I dont think you want to compare Purdie,Illini,NW,Mary,or Rut to anyone :lol:
10)So yea!!....Would say the ACC is better than the big 14...Not the perception in certain rooms of course but Remember 1 thing...The BIGGER THE LIE the more people will believe it...And the bigger the fall.....big 14 football this year in a nutshell...The League was much deeper and better last year so it is a mockery what is transpiring this yr.....Have a Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!!

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Happy Thanksgiving to you too.I agree with some of the stuff you say.I'm not going to lie. I don't know if the BIG 14 is the best in the land,all I know is their bowl records have not been impressive most years,they went 5-5 last year while SEC went 9-2.They have to have more winning records if they want to get that Bowl Gorilla off their back.Anxious this year to see what happens!

The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

cbolt wrote:Happy Thanksgiving to you too.I agree with some of the stuff you say.I'm not going to lie. I don't know if the BIG 14 is the best in the land,all I know is their bowl records have not been impressive most years,they went 5-5 last year while SEC went 9-2.They have to have more winning records if they want to get that Bowl Gorilla off their back.Anxious this year to see what happens!
It will be interesting!!

The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

Get em Sparty!!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Penn State won big and on to the Championship game

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Penn st is a JOKE! They will be an embarrassment just like a highly over rated Iowa team was last year.

AT THE RESERVATION

Return to “College Sports”