MICH.ST@OHIO STATE=====YOUR THOUGHTS

Valenth
SEOP

Re: MICH.ST@OHIO STATE=====YOUR THOUGHTS

Post by Valenth »

Ohio State is having problems. Weather could be the issue. Though the Buckeyes have taken advantage of Sparty's mistakes. This game looks like it will come down to the wire. :(

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

I really thought the Buckeyes would make some key adjustments. Both sides of the ball look flat for the Buckeyes. And We now have a Tie game again at 14...

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Not a big fan of this playcalling. Nearly every play is a run for Barrett, gotta give MSU credit for playing great defense. But the O-Line is not playing well, and only give Zeke like a dozen carries through three and a half quarters? Not gonna get it done.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

4 offsides in one game is unreal. 3 on Bosa and 1 on Lewis.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

The only issue for Ohio State is they are just getting beat on both lines of scrimmage. Offensive play calling has been unimaginative but you can do much when Sparty is pushing your line back into the backfield. Bucks are still in it but it is going to take a MSU mistake for the Bucks to win.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

A reverse on 3rd & 9 from your own 8? Wow, nothing else to say about that!

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

All Hail Sparty: MSU 17 TOSU 14.

MSU total domination on both lines of scrimmage. They punched the Buckeyes in the mouth. MSU deserved the win.
The streak is dead, the defense of the BIG and CFP championship is dead.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Sparty deserved to win. Buckeyes played flat all night long and it cost them. I really dont know what looked worse... our Offense or Defense.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

All good things must come to an end. We fans did delude ourselves into thinking tOSU was just a game away from turning it on. They weren't that good this year. Tough to repeat. They will have a tough game against Michigan. I don't know if they can mentally recover in a week from this. But that does sharpen the knives. I'll take my chance going forward in the next few years.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Tom Herman as OC play calling and the Absence of Heuerman and Devin Smith were the difference makers.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Hey first off congratulations to the Michigan State Spartans yesterday on a fine effort as they topped #3 and unbeaten Ohio State.It was a nerve wracking affair to watch the whole time. The Spartans came out with a running game that was dragging our defenders for yards after contact.They played awesome defense and special teams, And they earned the victory.

I didn't get Ohio State's offensive game plan at all frankly. We have arguably the best running back in the nation, And let Barrett be our running game. 3rd and 2/3 and we're in an empty backfield, With recievers split out all over and call a qb draw.No threat of a passing game at all just stuff like that. Defensively we held an awesome Sparty offense to a mere 17. The bad news was they only needed 15. Great showing by both squads,Football is awesome in ''Big Ten Country''. And my Buckeyes will rebound and get ready for Michigan. Go Bucks beat Michigan.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I didn't see it till today but I guess zeke blew a head gasket in a press conference and him and cardale declared they were turning pro. I guess it got pretty bad. I didn't see it myself though.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

It was a bad calling game...Myers said he called most of the plays.Hmmmmm

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

From the Ironton Tribune..........

Elliott blasts OSU coaches

Published 9:30pm Saturday, November 21, 2015
Comments

COLUMBUS (AP) — Ohio State running back Ezekiel Elliot says he has played his last home game for the Buckeyes and strongly criticized the coaching staff after a 17-14 loss to No. 9 Michigan State.

The junior said after the second-ranked Buckeyes lost Saturday that there was “no chance” he’d be coming back in 2016.

Elliot’s comments came after he ran for only 33 yards against the Spartans, snapping his streak of 15 straight games with 100 yards or more.

After the game, he was critical of his coaches and questioned why he only carried the ball only 12 times. He said the staff, led by coach Urban Meyer, did not put the team in a position to win.

Quarterback Cardale Jones also suggested on Twitter that he would be leaving. Ohio State at the end of the year. He posted a photo of himself walking into the stadium and said, “Last time walking down them steps and into The Shoe, wish the results were different tho.”

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

No passes down field. Barrett ran very good last year but he threw the ball over 30 yards downfield. . That helped to spread the defense out. Hard to blame the O line when there was no threat to throw down field. The played in a box from sideline to sideline. All the special players at the skilled positions the offense play calling made them just average. They didn't play to go out and win the game. They just showed up.

MSU had scouted OSU and new what was coming. OSU just kept giving it to them. Very disappointing with all the talent and to underachieve like that. It is one thing to have 1 bad game but this has gone on all year with the play calling. As other teams get better OSU just stays the same. Talent to be in the final four but not by the play on the field. As MSU should be in the final four if they win out. With their only lose was by a terrible call.

Next week The team Up North is playing with emotion and could easily give OSU another loss.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Well it were a bad weekend for my teams the Buckeyes, Then the Bengals.Both lost by last sceond field goals. I was drinking Luzianne Sweet Tea and feeling all down late last night and Rhonda Roussey called me and said don't feel bad Ozzie, I lost by a big kick too. At didn't make me feel any better though.

The Buckeyes had a rough go of it Saturday and lost to Michigan State by 3 at the last second by a kick. Time to regroup and get ready for Michigan Saturday. We'll get this done ya'll.

And the Bengals game looked at first like Carson Palmer of the Cardinals was sorry for leaving the Bengals. Because he threw 2 passes to the Bengals secondary/ recievers in the 1st quarter. I guess Coach Araians told him that was enough. As the Bengals lost a close one on a last second field goal as well. It was a hard fought game, But a good one. Time for the ''Big Cats'' to lick their wounds and move onto the Rams with the Steelers breathin down our necks.And oh by the way I've had quite enough crow for the weekend. As I have had to administer a whole bottle of KC Masterpice with my Crow to help it down this weekend. Lisa had to stick a shop vac down my throat to get me cleaned out for this upcoming weekend..

In a related story the Browns had a bye week and lost 23-21. Last second kick there I heard as well.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I see that smurray. I still stand by what I would do as a coach though. and I'm bettin a dollar to a do-nut what I heard was initially true. must have been big pressure on him not to suspend him. cause I know a guy. in the immortal words of bill dance.

Return to “College Sports”