What will the committee do if PSU blocks out OSU from the B1G Champ

route7
Freshman Team

What will the committee do if PSU blocks out OSU from the B1G Champ

Post by route7 »

Could we see 2 Big Ten teams in the CFB Playoff should Penn state and Ohio state both win out? This is going to be a mess. Go to 6-8 teams I've said this for the last two seasons!

cbolt
SEOP

Re: What will the committee do if PSU blocks out OSU from the B1G Champ

Post by cbolt »

No and agreed need more teams.The committee better be stocking up on plenty of tylenol

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Lots of football to be played and these situations always seem to work themselves out.

Hopefully OSU wins out, Penn St loses either remaining game and it takes care of itself.

If that doeent happen there are lots of scenarios.

If Oklahoma wins the Big 12, OSU would clearly jump them and leave that conference out, thus possibly 2 B1G teams.

If Wisky wins the B1G championship game vs Penn St, Ohio State jumps them due to the head to head and the one less loss.

Some of it hinges on what continues to happen with Washingoton, Clemson and Louisville. Clemson, Louisville or Washington loses again and their conference is done.

I think OSU would jump either one loss based on strength of schedule.

The nail in the coffin for OSU is for them and Penn St to both win out and Penn State drill Wisconsin in the championship game. At that point Penn State would clearly deserve that playoff spot.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

PSU is playing far better than at the beginning of the season. OSU compared to PSU season to season OSU wins. It doesn't matter about the Conference Championship. Now with Mich losing it's starting QB people will say that is not as impressive win if OSU beats them. But the way Mich beat PSU should in a way keep OSU easily infront of PSU. Besides OSU has just 1 loss and it was close on a bad weather night. OSU just needs to play and would help to play like they did on the National Championship run. Force the committee to have no choice but to pick them.

The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

IF psu wins out and wins the East side of the big 14...let me get this straight ohio HOMERS...ohios bucks will be in the 4-team playoffs?...psu and wisky will play for THE CONFERENCE TITLE but ohio,who did not EVEN win their division and DID NOT play in their Conference Championship game much less win it will be in the 4-team?...... :lol: :lol: ....Especially considering osu' sched and who they have played? :lol: ..Beating Okla in Norman was a good win. For sure. But name me one significant win BOOMER SOONER has had. And when you give up 60 and 850 yds to a team?..Ever?.. :lol: .....Wisky?....They beat a very good LSU squad. No doubt about that. Who else have they beat ?...Now who else has ohio's bucks beaten..Corn?...Give me a break...Maybe the most perception-ridden overrated football team I have ever seen. BG at #144?..Tulsa? :lol: ..Rut at #131?..Indy at #66?..lol...NW at #36 who had a chance to win this game when TALENT said NO WAY(although I love Coach and starting to like Clayton T)...Mary?...who is over ranked if they are ranked. Caleb Rowe? :lol: ..My God...

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Meatchicken QB out for the season

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

Old news nope

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

route7 wrote:Could we see 2 Big Ten teams in the CFB Playoff should Penn state and Ohio state both win out? This is going to be a mess. Go to 6-8 teams I've said this for the last two seasons!
On Mike and Mike this morning a panel of four was talking about going to 8 team or stay at 4.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Why not just make it the top 10. Every count down start with #10. 4-6-8 just seems to be a odd number. Maybe thats the OCD in me...

AT THE RESERVATION
route7
Freshman Team

Post by route7 »

1987chieftains wrote:Why not just make it the top 10. Every count down start with #10. 4-6-8 just seems to be a odd number. Maybe thats the OCD in me...
With 6 or 10 teams you would have to give byes and we'd end up getting teams that's had a bad game because they tested when the others played or vice versa

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

farmer wrote:PSU is playing far better than at the beginning of the season. OSU compared to PSU season to season OSU wins. It doesn't matter about the Conference Championship. Now with Mich losing it's starting QB people will say that is not as impressive win if OSU beats them. But the way Mich beat PSU should in a way keep OSU easily infront of PSU. Besides OSU has just 1 loss and it was close on a bad weather night. OSU just needs to play and would help to play like they did on the National Championship run. Force the committee to have no choice but to pick them.
If the conference championship doesn't matter why does everyone jump on the Big XII about not playing a conference championship game? Either it matters or it doesn't. Same rules should apply for all.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Is it the committee talking about it or others?
Just like the past election that so called experts missed.
The conference championship does not mean they get ranked higher in the basketball tournament. The committee is to pick the best teams. Not the best of the conference champions. Why do people pick on the Big XII last year and others is some of those teams out of conference games.

The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

farmer wrote:Is it the committee talking about it or others?
The conference championship does not mean they get ranked higher in the basketball tournament. The committee is to pick the best teams. Not the best of the conference champions. Why do people pick on the Big XII last year and others is some of those teams out of conference games.
ohio and big 14 HOMERS say that the B1G(The real B1G...The one that has Texas and others) is weak...Yet they lather at the thought of ohio beating one of their bellcows and call it this awesome win over a bunch who has not beaten a top 25 squad and gave up 59 and 850 to a conference foe :lol: ..They also rail on the Great SEC as being weak and overrated. LSU shouldnt be rated(they are 1 of the top 4 teams in this country right now) but yet it is the only win for Wisky that means anything :lol: ...Wisky is so bad offensively and psu is not very good anywhere and to have these 2 schools in the top 10 is insulting. BUCKY Barry.....Protect that 14 brand :lol:

The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

farmer wrote:Is it the committee talking about it or others?
What makes ohio one of the 4 best teams farms?..Their sched? :lol:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

route7 wrote:
1987chieftains wrote:Why not just make it the top 10. Every count down start with #10. 4-6-8 just seems to be a odd number. Maybe thats the OCD in me...
With 6 or 10 teams you would have to give byes and we'd end up getting teams that's had a bad game because they tested when the others played or vice versa
Can't go with even numbers divided by two that equals a odd number.

No Byes

route7
Freshman Team

Post by route7 »

noreply66 wrote:
route7 wrote:

No Byes
yeah it has to be 4, 8, or 16. Meet in the middle at 8 and never change it again!

The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

route7 wrote:
noreply66 wrote:
route7 wrote: With 6 or 10 teams you would have to give byes and we'd end up getting teams that's had a bad game because they tested when the others played or vice versa

No Byes
yeah it has to be 4, 8, or 16. Meet in the middle at 8 and never change it again!
Interesting idea being floated around concerning a possible 8-team College Football Playoff. First of all there are contracts,rights..TV committments...etc..etc..that need to run its course before this happens. But it will happen. Follow the money. Also,the need to expediate the demise of the B1G 12,which of course is going to happen. Result?..4 16-Team Superconferences. 4 Conference Champions and 4 At large teams make up the playoffs. The caveat is the 4 Highest Ranked Teams HOST the 1st Round. Played the following week after Conference championship games. And they DO NOT have to be conference champs to be seeded 1st. All conferences and all schedules are not the same. Teams like ohio are guaranteed 8-9-10 wins a year because of their weak schedule and conference. Other schools have to fight,scratch,and claw their way through Gauntlets to get to that total and may be better at the end of the year than those who are not challenged. If they survive the Gauntlet. The winners of the 1st round will then take 2 weeks off and resume the playoffs similar to how it is done now. Same places...Same Bowl names...Sponsors...money..etc..etc...

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Bammer will always get a .500 season with playing some schools that are almost D3 and the southern people will always vote for them when it comes to coaching pole even if they do hate bammer like most schools do. Too bad Florida has so many good schools or you would see bammer in the top 10. Which really sounds good to most people.

The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

noreply66 wrote:Bammer will always get a .500 season with playing some schools that are almost D3 and the southern people will always vote for them when it comes to coaching pole even if they do hate bammer like most schools do. Too bad Florida has so many good schools or you would see bammer in the top 10. Which really sounds good to most people.
:lol: :lol: ...Drunk nope?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I was looking over the rankings and got to looking at a few things when comparing the sec and the big ten.
the big ten east division is 41-29 overall
the big ten west is 40-30

the sec east is 37-32
the sec west is 45-24--- with 10 of those wins being bama.

the big ten has 10 teams at or better than 5-5
the sec has 11

the playoff top 25 has 5 big ten teams in it. 4 in the top 10
the playoff top 25 has 5 sec teams in it. with Alabama being 1.

the 2 leagues could not be anymore even in my opinion. I have to say myself I think the big ten is more talented this year. as reflected by 4 teams in the top 10.

but they are by far the 2 elite leagues in the country. I thought inspector gadget would like this. the 2 leagues both have bottom feeders. but the big ten is more competitive as a league overall win wise. that can't be disputed this year. the question remains how will this relate to bowl/playoff wins. and we all know they will matchup every sec/big 10 team they can. which is just what I want to see as does the whole country.2 heavyweights just rockin n sockin.as it should be. I don't think for even a minute either league is overlooking the other. but it has shut up a lot of the haters like the mark may's and paul feinbaum's because they realize they are both on a plane to knock heads together.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

Return to “College Sports”