2016-17 OSU Men's Basketball

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Re: 2016-17 OSU Men's Basketball

Post by Truth&fiction »

Ohio State looked terrible for sure but I was not surprised. They need to start looking at the State of Ohio to recruit . Every year there are tons of really good players thru out the State , Good players . Smart players that can be molded into a team concept. Role players that have the desire to do what ever is needed to make Ohio State great again . Recruiting has taken a turn that's not working . The haze over recruiting is apparent .The Ohio State will not venture far in the state to find the real gems . Matta needs to travel the state and see real basketball players and get a team that will work together as a unit . Just because players appear to have great ability does not mean that they will gel as a team . Team beats I any day. Been a Ohio State fan for many years and it pains me to see this type of play . The Ohio State is better than this with its facilities and resources there is no reason they should not return to championship caliber team with the right players . IMO

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Truth&fiction wrote:Ohio State looked terrible for sure but I was not surprised. They need to start looking at the State of Ohio to recruit . Every year there are tons of really good players thru out the State , Good players . Smart players that can be molded into a team concept. Role players that have the desire to do what ever is needed to make Ohio State great again . Recruiting has taken a turn that's not working . The haze over recruiting is apparent .The Ohio State will not venture far in the state to find the real gems . Matta needs to travel the state and see real basketball players and get a team that will work together as a unit . Just because players appear to have great ability does not mean that they will gel as a team . Team beats I any day. Been a Ohio State fan for many years and it pains me to see this type of play . The Ohio State is better than this with its facilities and resources there is no reason they should not return to championship caliber team with the right players . IMO
Totally agree

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

It's all good. Spring game coming up soon! Who needs roundball.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

The Buckeyes season is now officially over, as the brackets for the NCAA, NIT, CBI and CIT have been released and OSU is not on them.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Announced that Trevor Thompson will pass on his senior season and enter the NBA Draft. Now that players can declare, go through the combine and elect to come back, it is unsure whether Thompson will come back or not.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

The basketball program has regressed tremendously over the past few years. Lack of talent from terrible recruiting, lack of effort and desire. Not seeing the good players get coached into great players. Lyle was the laziest player I have ever watched at OSU. Matta continued to play him. All of these things are a sign that the leader has lost the team, which Matta clearly has done at this point.

I am/was a Matta fan but holy all beat hell how does the university bring him back after how this season ended?

Matta is also the highest paid employee of tOSU. They can save a few bucks and bring in new enthusiasm.

Dont look for next year to be better.....recruiting has been a major let down and not much coming back in the way of talent.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Matta did kind of bench Lyle towards the end of the season. He stopped putting him in the starting lineup, started CJ Jackson (a true point guard, at least to some extent) at the point.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Ohio State's record against teams in the NCAA Tournament: 6-9

Wins: North Carolina Central, Providence, Michigan State, Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin
Losses: Virginia, UCLA, Purdue, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Northwestern, Maryland (x2), Michigan State

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Wasn't this Matta's first year at OSU with under 20 wins?

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

I believe so, I also think it was his first season with less than 10 conference wins

Return to “College Sports”